No offence if it's one of us but....

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not much to report on our little friend. I'm now wondering if ALL of us are seeing this. It has never appeared on John's computer though Nora has seen it on hers. He's there every time I log on though he seems to move around some. Sometimes he'll be in the middle of the screen and sometimes down near the bottom. I sent John a screen grab so he's aware and can pass that along to his I.T. people.
I agree, this is taking a long time to resolve. If you recall, the outages of last summer were lengthy also. In the meantime, don't click on it as there's a possibility of something being imbedded on your computer.

Oh, as to what he's eating.....I'm gonna go with Turkey Leg!​

ddhanna

I hadn't seen it yessterday, been in & out of the site through out the day. I didn't want to jinx it to find it reappears so I din't say anything. I just logged in a few minutes ago & it's not there, not sure whats going on. I really don't want to see it again. It's disturbing.
Have you tried installing an adblocker to your browser? The only time I have seen it was when I tested it by disabling my adblocker for the site. FYI, I use Adblocker Ultimate on Firefox but I guess most any will work.

pclark

I hadn't seen it yessterday, been in & out of the site through out the day. I didn't want to jinx it to find it reappears so I din't say anything. I just logged in a few minutes ago & it's not there, not sure whats going on. I really don't want to see it again. It's disturbing.
Yep, he's gone for the time being, that is a disturbing visual for a site like John Dee. Looks like something from a bunker in the Middle East or something similiar.

hybrid

i was seeing him every time
would show up in the middle of the login page and then pop over to the side as i scrolled down
but not any more its gone
i use a hp crome book

united

Raj is gone but is replaced with a guy in a red and white striped shirt playing the piano and singing Christmas carols. That is a strange sentence. Says its at Casey's Corner. The pop up acted the same as with the raj.

dfattack

I get the comments about ad blocker but it really shouldn’t be there to begin with. They need full removal, not a bandaid

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
As of 5:33 p.m. CST our little friend is gone. At least on my view, he's been a constant every time I logged on but I don't see him now.

ddhanna

I get the comments about ad blocker but it really shouldn’t be there to begin with. They need full removal, not a bandaid
After 37 years in IT, we usually go with what works. We call them patches. I will bet John's IT people won't go after this for at least a week and their solution could very well be a "bandaid".