No offence if it's one of us but....

euphoric1

Still appearing on my Dee and I have to laugh now there are advertisements appearing in his box LOL and as someone had posted this morning weird things happening while typing post as well.

lofsfire

Still appearing on my Dee and I have to laugh now there are advertisements appearing in his box LOL and as someone had posted this morning weird things happening while typing post as well.
Noticed the ads a few days ago. Which are all video ads as well. It's like the video of the guy is an ad itself... Just not selling anything. Same with the piano player. It's defiantly a video from inside Dinney World but looks like something someone took on their phone and of course no ads or sales line...

dfattack

I'm sure most will not agree with me but I would be willing to pay a small fee to JD for an ad free experience it that's what it takes. How much I don't know but it's really getting annoying. Yes, I have pop up blockers but they are not 100% effective against them on this site for some reason. The guy eating has to go and the fact that he's still there is mind boggling to me.

whitedust

Ads make the site go round. Spam hurts the site makes you think if it’s worth the risk to come here especially those that use work computers.

dfattack

Ads make the site go round. Spam hurts the site makes you think if it’s worth the risk to come here especially those that use work computers.
I think you are missing my point. I know ads pay for it. Like youtube, if you want to skip the ads you pay a monthly fee and you don't get the ads. I would be willing to consider that depending on what the cost would be. Doesn't have to be one way or another. Someone doesn't want to pay, so be it. deal with the ads and creapy guy eating all day. up to you. I'm suggesting give us a choice.

whitedust

I think you are missing my point. I know ads pay for it. Like youtube, if you want to skip the ads you pay a monthly fee and you don't get the ads. I would be willing to consider that depending on what the cost would be. Doesn't have to be one way or another. Someone doesn't want to pay, so be it. deal with the ads and creapy guy eating all day. up to you. I'm suggesting give us a choice.
You are missing my point the advertisers pay for exposure why would they pay JD to be blocked by the site??? I understand the service you want to pay for but it’s counter productive to the reasons advertisers come here in the first place. Somethings aren’t for sale. Suggest you invest in ad blocker software. Sure the moron blocking entrance to the site is a pita but he would be gone if it was doable.

snomoman

I’m just curious if any other iPhone users are seeing this, I have not seen this thing one single time and I have a four-year-old iPhone

dfattack

You are missing my point the advertisers pay for exposure why would they pay JD to be blocked by the site??? I understand the service you want to pay for but it’s counter productive to the reasons advertisers come here in the first place. Somethings aren’t for sale. Suggest you invest in ad blocker software. Sure the moron blocking entrance to the site is a pita but he would be gone if it was doable.
Well...advertisers don't run the site. Advertisers pay so the companies who run the site can do it profitably. All I'm suggesting is if other sites can give you ad free options...and there are many...maybe this site could do the same. That's all I'm suggesting. Not wanting to get into a debate about WHY there are ads and pop ups. I know why they are there.

I have every antivirus, ad blocker app I'm willing to have or need. Dont want more crap on my PC and by the way this is the ONLY site that I have these issues with. I can't be the only one either.

whitedust

Well...advertisers don't run the site. Advertisers pay so the companies who run the site can do it profitably. All I'm suggesting is if other sites can give you ad free options...and there are many...maybe this site could do the same. That's all I'm suggesting. Not wanting to get into a debate about WHY there are ads and pop ups. I know why they are there.

I have every antivirus, ad blocker app I'm willing to have or need. Dont want more crap on my PC and by the way this is the ONLY site that I have these issues with. I can't be the only one either.
Small regional following no big bucks here soon will go to sleep until Fall budget is shoestring and why spam can penetrate. That’s my take 🤷‍♂️

Tim in Indiana

I belong to one site that gives the option of paying for no adds. It is $6 a year and well worth it. DOn't pay and you see adds. We pay via paypal which will probably set some people off but you can't please everyone.

pclark

There is some strange stuff going on here, the text in messages looks Chinese or martian at times and then reverts back to normal after a few seconds or so. Anybody else see that?

mezz

You're not. It is disturbing & quite frankly I don't understand why the creepshow continues. If it were an actual ad on the site, it certainly wouldn't be at the head of the discussion board claiming to be a "live discussion" of the site. It needs to go away, asap. This is clearly in a place it does not belong. I don't want to see this keeping members or visitors to this site away. It is obviously suspicious & it needs to go away, it's outright unsettling.

winterwarlock

Why is this so difficult to fix?

Attachments

• 0B0160D6-A183-4847-A7F1-041EE928E676.png
    0B0160D6-A183-4847-A7F1-041EE928E676.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 49B5CBE1-8845-4F1D-99FE-7841A9CF18B9.png
    49B5CBE1-8845-4F1D-99FE-7841A9CF18B9.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • 5CB8A4DF-6921-4B06-9D83-B63016454470.png
    5CB8A4DF-6921-4B06-9D83-B63016454470.png
    909.6 KB · Views: 12