No offence if it's one of us but....

whitedust

I only come here by phone and that Image is smack dap in the middle of the screen hardest to get rid of in the text and graphic forecasts.

mezz

Not sure if it's too late but I use a free program called bitdefender on my MAC laptop. seems to work very well and I usually scan for viruses monthly.
I have been using Viper for quite some time, somehow, this issue got passed it with zero detection. Not sure what it is thats on the drive, I just know it is not functional. Rather than use HP & spend a lot of time with a service rep plus have to pay for the service, I opted to take it to a local computer repair. I have never had anything like this happen to me & it is rather disturbing. I was up in the wee hours this morning tossing & turning worried about other things being breached. This really sucks.

euphoric1

I have been using Viper for quite some time, somehow, this issue got passed it with zero detection. Not sure what it is thats on the drive, I just know it is not functional. Rather than use HP & spend a lot of time with a service rep plus have to pay for the service, I opted to take it to a local computer repair. I have never had anything like this happen to me & it is rather disturbing. I was up in the wee hours this morning tossing & turning worried about other things being breached. This really sucks.
agree

pclark

Yes, that certainly sucks when you get a virus like that. Happened to me once on a Company issued computer, I was click baited to something that caught my interest and bam! And it wasn't even raunchy, so these hacks are out there and really ffffing things up. Hope it all turns out well fr you and hope they get that freaking thing off the discussion board page.

formula_ss

Still there, and I find it odd that Yamadooed's post says he posted at 8:40PM today when it is 4:55 PM EST today currently.

mezz

That strange ad didn't show up at the entry of the Discussion Board. Gary, do you know any details?

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, he's still with us and I haven't heard back from anyone yet. Seems to be harmless unless you click on it. I'm seeing video of commercials interspaced if you watch for awhile.

mezz

Yep, I logged out & came back in & low & behold, there he is....... it is odd & kind of creepy....

mezz

It appears to be gone, I've logged in & out several times, hopefully gonzo for good.

Last edited:

cobalt_502

It is 6:55am CST on Thursday and he is on now, at the discussion board landing page, eating what appears to be cereal or oatmeal lol?

mezz

I hadn't seen it yessterday, been in & out of the site through out the day. I didn't want to jinx it to find it reappears so I din't say anything. I just logged in a few minutes ago & it's not there, not sure whats going on. I really don't want to see it again. It's disturbing.