North Country Snowmobile Club: Porkies, Ontonagon, Silver City & White Pine.

D

Deleted member 10829

Preface: Hats off to all clubs, volunteers and businesses that are making the effort to make our season then best that it can be. Didn't look good before xmas at all and now we can play!

How much of 102/11 is not groomed because of the logging or ? I was hoping to run the Lake G up to Bergland then 102/11 to LOTC then back through White Pine to LG. Rough trails are here in some areas due to the traffic so 5 miles of bad is bearable to hit really great trails.

I'm not exactly sure, but I would say about 10 of the 17 miles of 102 from 11 to Bergland was not groomed. That may have changed by now. You could call the Hoop and ask George or take 1 north out of Bergland and stop at the Konteka in White Pine. Continue north to Silver City and take 11 to 102. If 102 is not groomed, head back the way you came. Have fun!

69CRUZR

Just got home from a long weekend staying in silver city with the fiancée, and I have to give a big thank you to ranlam and whoever else is involved in grooming those trails. Huge amounts of traffic over the weekend,but they were in great shape for us and were fantastic to break in the new sled!

ranlam

Thank You. Wow there was a lot of traffic last weekend. I am going up to Lake of Clouds tonight with the piston bully itself to bulldoze corners wide and flat ..hopefully! Its really crazy that I am still battling water holes on 12 also.

ranlam

Trails will be rough tomorrow around silver city & white pine , lake of clouds. I cant groom tonight due to much needed drag repairs, I chose today because of the warm temp. and need the repairs done before the big snows starts on Monday.

Kmrobb

Thanks Randy. Trail was great yesterday up to Lake of the clouds. Did sunrise trip up there Friday. Amazing pictures... Attaching a few

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20160130_214415.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160130_214415.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 667
  • ForumRunner_20160130_214437.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160130_214437.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 670
  • ForumRunner_20160130_214505.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160130_214505.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 676

ranlam

wow nice pictures. were you the first tracks then? I noticed the wind and heavy snowfall that night was leaving ripples of snow on my fresh groomed ribbon, I am wondering if you could feel them on sled? This happens on lake of clouds road often. btw my drag is fixed and I plan on making my way back tonight.

Kmrobb

Yes, I was first tracks. Didn't see another sled even on way back. Second week in a row I was first tracks on that trail after you had been through. My favorite trail in the whole Midwest.

Conditions were perfect. Hit 118 on way down (after my father in law scoped out and confirmed no other traffic).

I think I added a picture of the way back down.

ForumRunner_20160131_173352.jpg

Not sure what you mean by ripples... It wss glorious.

Kmrobb

I definitely didn't see anything like that... like I said, that trail was amazing.

It was easily the best trail I rode out of my 450 miles that day.

Thanks again for that!

ranlam

No probem! Let me know when you will be back up, I will specialty groom it just for you,,,,,again. lol. I love that purple sky picture man!

Kmrobb

If all goes as planned I will be at the Konteka for lunch Friday, and plan to slide up to the promised land after that.

D

Deleted member 10829

Super ranlam! I'm leaving in about 30 minutes for Gogebic and will try them out. I'm sure the heavy Holiday weekend traffic will take its toll, but the cold weather helps. Warmer by Monday, but not bad. Thanks for all you do up there!

D

Deleted member 10829

ranlam,

Your trails were the best we had up there last weekend! The new standard is being set by you. Excellent job!!

ranlam

Honest trail report: 11 great, Lake of Clouds great, silver city did not survive warm up and it sucks, water holes everywhere thin snow, white pine is fair, 12 to Ontonagon is fair. The fat lady is tuning in her vocal cords.

clark_w

ranlam,

Anything on the trail from Greenland to Ontonagon (12) and the new trail back to Rockland? Heading up tomorrow.

Thanks,

CW

groomerdriver

Honest trail report: 11 great, Lake of Clouds great, silver city did not survive warm up and it sucks, water holes everywhere thin snow, white pine is fair, 12 to Ontonagon is fair. The fat lady is tuning in her vocal cords.

Is Silver City down to all pavement? Avoid unless absolutely necessary?

Was going to head up to LotC via White Pine and Silver City on Sunday.