On a daily/ weekend commute who do you fear the most?

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I commute 140 miles a day, I don't fear anything or anybody. Keep your eyes on the road, pay attention to your surroundings. That being said, had 3 people drift into my lane today on I39. If i would have not been paying attention, there would have been an accident.

ezra

i fear all the bull**** alerts from the radar detector that some of the lane assist nissan and infinity and honda put out .

WorkHardPlayHrd

Basically you had better be watching everything, because that way you protect yourself from the people( I have far more creative names I call then, but they are inappropriate for this site.), that can't live off of their phones, and it's the one's I see holding them in the air FaceTimeing with someone else that are the worst of all.

LoveMyDobe

I drive Highway 2 from Iron River to Superior Wi in the early AM, logging trucks think they own the road. In the evening drive back home, it's the people who drift all over the road, passing them can be a game.

goingnorth

I refuse to be a passenger with anybody else driving when driving north on 39/51 when pulling a enclosed trailer in a snowstorm or even ice rain event like last night. Cancelled plans to leave late last night with this last event.

euphoric1

both because if you think about it, both kind of the same, the problem both is the innocent are always the one who pays the ultimate price, to me not enough punishment for drunk drivers and I still love the person driving down the road face down in cell phone, when behind them hard to tell if distracted or drunk so for me I would have to say both.

pinestump

I am retired at a young age so lucky me but I would say snow sleds on our road going against traffic making the 25 mile trip to town...Also sleds rolling/not stopping @ crossings not to mention the ones that do not look behind them going across the road and the bank roosters..
Since this is a sled site thought I would mention those things...Positive would be helping with directions and a occasional sled stuck in the ditch...

JeffB

Riding a motorcycle in the summer has gotten a **** of a lot scarier in the past 5-10yrs. On top of the usual hazards, animals, people pulling out in front of you, now you have all these people driving around on their damn phones. We now judge a successful ride by how few times you throw the bird being cut off, almost t-boned, close to ran over each time out.

euphoric1

Riding a motorcycle in the summer has gotten a **** of a lot scarier in the past 5-10yrs. On top of the usual hazards, animals, people pulling out in front of you, now you have all these people driving around on their damn phones. We now judge a successful ride by how few times you throw the bird being cut off, almost t-boned, close to ran over each time out.

reason why I gave up riding motorcycle people as a whole have become very unattentive

goofy600

Distracted driver, most of the time I’m on the road (day time) I think way more distracted drivers. When I worked 2nd and 3 shift probably the drunk driver. Some of the worst are the teen and 20 something girls as soon as they get on the highway they move to the left lane and never move.

xcr440

Distracted driver, most of the time I’m on the road (day time) I think way more distracted drivers. When I worked 2nd and 3 shift probably the drunk driver. Some of the worst are the teen and 20 something girls as soon as they get on the highway they move to the left lane and never move.

The boys do it as well - obviously not being taught "Slower traffic keep right" and "Left lane is the passing lane" anymore.

As for the type of driver, people with their phones in their faces has really become an issue, IMO. Its so easy to tell who has their phone in their hands as you come up behind someone.

goofy600

The boys do it as well - obviously not being taught "Slower traffic keep right" and "Left lane is the passing lane" anymore.

As for the type of driver, people with their phones in their faces has really become an issue, IMO. Its so easy to tell who has their phone in their hands as you come up behind someone.

True with boys but I’ve noticed girls more. On the second part with phones that seems to be adults and to go further men holding it about a foot from there face and almost straight in front of there view. At least during highway driving. And in Illinois people don’t even try to hide they are on the phone when driving even though it is a hands free state. All thinks observed over the years and yes probably guilty myself at times.

xcr440

True with boys but I’ve noticed girls more. On the second part with phones that seems to be adults and to go further men holding it about a foot from there face and almost straight in front of there view. At least during highway driving. And in Illinois people don’t even try to hide they are on the phone when driving even though it is a hands free state. All thinks observed over the years and yes probably guilty myself at times.

Same with MN - the "law" really hasn't changed a thing, although there have been people getting tickets, from what I've heard.

Sandylake

Distracted drivers.

I lost a very good friend a few years ago, he was a Chicago cop.

On duty he was rear ended by a teenage girl texting. It was the start of the beginning of the end of his career.

After his health stopped him from being a cop he took a job as head of security in a recording studio, Lady Gaga among others recorded there. Working there put him in contact with a local Chicago area cover band where he played rhythm guitar for them.
On the way home fro a show he was hit violently hard by another teenage girl texting. He was taken to the ER where he was released and in good hands because his wife is a physician's assistant.
The next day he and his band were getting ready to take the stage and even though Tom wasn't feeling very good he was still going to do what he loved to do.

Seconds before they took the stage, Tom fell down and never got back up.

You are missed Tom Finnelly.

WorkHardPlayHrd

Best friend in college was taught by her dad to stay in left lane. Twin cities drivers. Went out to Black Hills South Dakota with her and she wouldn't get over. After the third pissed off semi driver I told her to get off on the next ramp. Told her to switch it was my brand new GMC Sierra and I wasn't having something happen to my new truck. Couldn't get it through her head that the way she was driving was wrong.