Packers & 49ers: Thoughts?

timo

Luckily concussions are taken care of by a independent Dr not attached to the organization. They said since he did not even take the field yesterday to practice it will be a up hill battle to be cleared by Sat. I guess there many steps you have clear and retest and practicing is the very first step then takes 4-7 days to clear once you practice the first time. My gut says he will play but who knows. Also reporting yesterday Jimmy G injury may actually be more serious then first report.

Welp,,,, that didn't take long to get Bosa back on the field.
There's a difference between nursing a concussion in week 2 vs the divisional playoff game.
Never a doubt.

old abe

There's a difference between nursing a concussion in week 2 vs the divisional playoff game.
Never a doubt.
If so, I surely hope that in the years ahead, Bosa doesn't encounter the mental health problems that so many others have from head concussions.

indy_500

Never a doubt.
Sounds similar to all the positive tests that came out every week on Monday, but never on game day LOL

whitedust

Heated field is different than years ago. It will be cold but not a huge benefit. Start running around and you warm up problem is sweating then cooling off but plenty of heaters everywhere plus warm drinks. Packers win this game might get off to a quick score or 2 and never look back. Snow storm would be different but Pack have the RBs to deal with that too.

timo

Sounds similar to all the positive tests that came out every week on Monday, but never on game day LOL
Exactly!
All year u here about guys popping positive,, snd some guys did miss games,, ,, it was very common in December for players to pop positive,,, all of a sudden playoffs start I haven’t heard a single player test positive,, haven’t even heard the word Covid and NFL in the same sentence. I really hope no one on any teams test positive with a runny nose and would have to sit out.
Money talks COVID walks

goofy600

Exactly!
All year u here about guys popping positive,, snd some guys did miss games,, ,, it was very common in December for players to pop positive,,, all of a sudden playoffs start I haven’t heard a single player test positive,, haven’t even heard the word Covid and NFL in the same sentence. I really hope no one on any teams test positive with a runny nose and would have to sit out.
Money talks COVID walks

It also helped when they changed from 10 days to 5 days for getting guys back sooner and yes all BS in reality as you said money talks

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, we've had a couple of weeks to chew on this. Time to show your cards...

Who Wins and Why?
Man, my heart says the Packers but my head says.....the Packers. Maybe. I dunno. The Niners defense is strong up front but weak against the pass. Rodgers and Adams should light them up if the line gives them time. Sounds like the Niners QB is hurting with a bad shoulder and bad thumb and he's not that great when healthy, so again I think the edge goes to G.B. Coaching should be a wash, they both have good staffs. If (a big IF) the Packer defense shows up, plays respectable, I think we win this one.

It'd be a fun game to see at Lambeau but I'm gonna sit this one out in the comfort of our Family Room with the Big Screen and Beverage.

Go Pack Go!

ridindirty800

OK, we've had a couple of weeks to chew on this. Time to show your cards...

Who Wins and Why?
Man, my heart says the Packers but my head says.....the Packers. Maybe. I dunno. The Niners defense is strong up front but weak against the pass. Rodgers and Adams should light them up if the line gives them time. Sounds like the Niners QB is hurting with a bad shoulder and bad thumb and he's not that great when healthy, so again I think the edge goes to G.B. Coaching should be a wash, they both have good staffs. If (a big IF) the Packer defense shows up, plays respectable, I think we win this one.

It'd be a fun game to see at Lambeau but I'm gonna sit this one out in the comfort of our Family Room with the Big Screen and Beverage.

Go Pack Go!

I did not like the match up at all and I still don't, BUT the Packers are the Better team, and if they show up tomorrow they will WIN. #12 is the difference maker and will have game. I also feel Cobb is going to be an X factor tomorrow now that he is back. The defense is still a weak spot against the run but I believe they will be good enough to get the job the done.
Pack Win 28-24

timo

This is a tough matchup. I'd rather be playing the other two teams in the NFC if we can get by this game it on to the SB,,, no doubt.
This Packer team has won alot of close games this year,, they haven't been dominant. I feel they've had better teams the last ten years and haven't gotten the job done for a myriad of reason,, mainly defense. I suspect defense will be the deciding factor again.
The only thing I think this Packer team has going for them is the hunger of past seasons disappointments, learning not to look past these guys,, and knowing the moment is now or never. They seem more locked into a game than they've ever been.

The niners had an emotional win last week flew back to san fran now fly back to GB while we've been resting and are as healthy as we've ever been.
Not having MVS to peel the top off the defense is going to hurt I think. Getting Cobb back will be big when Rodgers gets in trouble to be able to dump it to him.
No excuses time to execute.
Keep the niners to under 24 points and we win.

old abe

Cobb, Lazard, Valdez Scantling, and the other receivers, are going to have win this game. Adams just can't do it all.

G

G

Hmmm. Second year in a row the MVP doesn't advance. This year they didn't even make it to the NFC championship game. Good thing it was cold and snowy. Two weeks to prepare. Everything was in their favor. And they absolutely blew it.

old abe

Sorry!!! Crosby misses an extra point try and a field goal!! Packers lose!
Yeah, well, pretty much so, eh! And yes Special Teams sucked, but so did the Offense! 9ers Defense is strong, and the Pack had nothing to counter it! Sad performance by GB! Robbie Gould is as good as he ever was!

MKW

Pretty quite on here now!! You can thank special teams for that loss and lack a f offense ...Another playoff loss for Rodgers(not a fan)... Hopefully they can now quit comparing him to Brady..no comparison. Brady wins in the playoffs..can’t dispute that! GOAT!