Packers & 49ers: Thoughts?

indy_500

Is it appropriate to describe that game as disgusting? The Pack had EVERYTHING going for them after the first half, score should’ve been 17-0 at that point. Defense held their own the entire game. After the first drive I don’t think we saw a smile on Rodgers face. It’s pretty hard to make your way downfield when you only look at 1 guy. On our last drive it was 2nd and long Deguara was WIDE open for a solid 6-8 yard gain instead he throws into coverage and it gets batted down, could’ve been 3rd and short but no, it’s 3rd and long and we’re going for a Hail Mary into double coverage? Baffling

whitedust

Pack loses didn’t expect this! Rogers says needs to talk to Pack management see what they want he’s not sure about anything still in shock they lost. I’m thinking Rogers should opt for a warm weather team. Cold is hard on old football players no matter what they say. Imo Pack should rebuild have seen team get to playoffs and lose over and over again. Time to change it up.

goofy600

Could be worse.....at least they're not the Lions!
They will be soon there if they keep there current coaching philosophy. As much as I think Aaron is a problem with this team he is good enough in regular season to save the team. They will never win with him but will be good enough for division. If they go with Love it will be 3-4 years for him to get going the defense will still suck and so will special teams so the pack will be just like the lions but probably worse because I actually think lions coach may be ok. LaFluff is a cheerleader at best. Best regular season quarterback in the league, crap the bed 3 years in a row. Fires special teams coach during before playoffs and they get worse so I really don’t see any upside for Packers without real changes so they may just be competing with lions for years to come.

whitedust

Talks with Rogers will be productive and quick. He doesn’t want anything to do with a total rebuild and due to large contracts with many veteran players a rebuild is a certainty for Green Bay. I think both Rogers and Management will choose to part ways. Numerous veterans aren’t going to agree to pay cuts to play another year with Rogers only to fall short again. Since the North teams are all rebuilding Love could probably get the team to playoffs anyway. Lions , Vikings and Bears are all a mess so a rebuilding Pack is still the best team in the North.

russholio

They will be soon there if they keep there current coaching philosophy. As much as I think Aaron is a problem with this team he is good enough in regular season to save the team. They will never win with him but will be good enough for division. If they go with Love it will be 3-4 years for him to get going the defense will still suck and so will special teams so the pack will be just like the lions but probably worse because I actually think lions coach may be ok. LaFluff is a cheerleader at best. Best regular season quarterback in the league, crap the bed 3 years in a row. Fires special teams coach during before playoffs and they get worse so I really don’t see any upside for Packers without real changes so they may just be competing with lions for years to come.
They've got 60+ years to go to catch up (down?) to the Lions.

Reactions: C W

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
10 Words to describe Green Bay's Special Teams...
Overwhelmed. Bumbled. Missing (only 10 on the field) Unfathomably incompetent. Terrible. Dismal. Bust. Inability to field a professional product. Disaster. Disarray.

Did I say "Special Team"? No, nothing special about that bunch. There's a Greyhound leaving at noon, USE IT!

old abe

Pack loses didn’t expect this! Rogers says needs to talk to Pack management see what they want he’s not sure about anything still in shock they lost. I’m thinking Rogers should opt for a warm weather team. Cold is hard on old football players no matter what they say. Imo Pack should rebuild have seen team get to playoffs and lose over and over again. Time to change it up.
Yeah, well, like it, or not, even as good as "ARID" Rodgers is in the regular season, he, his record, suck in the playoffs! Thus, that renders him to be a overall loser. His time is spent, sad, but so it is! And that's the BIG DIFFERENCE between him, and Bratty Brady. Winner, and Loser.

pclark

Both bye week teams already out of the hunt, never really liked the bye week, Packers record having bye is not good. How do you come out with all the advantages and lay that big egg? Another wasted great season and performance by QB, RB's, and WR's.

old abe

Both bye week teams already out of the hunt, never really liked the bye week, Packers record having bye is not good. How do you come out with all the advantages and lay that big egg? Another wasted great season and performance by QB, RB's, and WR's.
Shall we say, "the King has no clothes on", eh!

whitedust

10 Words to describe Green Bay's Special Teams...
Overwhelmed. Bumbled. Missing (only 10 on the field) Unfathomably incompetent. Terrible. Dismal. Bust. Inability to field a professional product. Disaster. Disarray.

Did I say "Special Team"? No, nothing special about that bunch. There's a Greyhound leaving at noon, USE IT!
Marginal players want to play special teams. Green Bay full of vets and stars want nothing to do with STs.

ridindirty800

As much as Rodgers had bailed this team out time and time again, he was terrible after the the Lewis fumble Sat night. 5 passes to player not named Adams or Jones. That is on YOU, not the coach not special teams. You throw a bomb to Adams down the middle and have Lazzard Wide open for and easy 20 yard gain. I am not saying I don't want him back as it might be ugly without him, but I am not sure Rodger could ever win another Super Bowl in Green Bay. Seemed like Rodgers wanted it to be 3 man offense after the Lewis fumble. He had every chance to win this game and he did not do his job.

whitedust

I’m pretty darn sure Rogers leaves Pack can’t pay him and rest of team. Rogers wants no part of a rebuilding team. This is a business decision nothing else both management and Rogers understand. Pack has to rebuild sometime to make it under the cap this looks like the time. Rogers future up to him. Imo it will be very interesting to see what Pack does and gets for Rogers.

old abe

I’m pretty darn sure Rogers leaves Pack can’t pay him and rest of team. Rogers wants no part of a rebuilding team. This is a business decision nothing else both management and Rogers understand. Pack has to rebuild sometime to make it under the cap this looks like the time. Rogers future up to him. Imo it will be very interesting to see what Pack does and gets for Rogers.
Spot on you are whitedust! However, now Rodgers can be considered somewhat "damaged goods", eh! So, what can they for him? Whether he can comprehend it or not, HE RODGERS lost that game! It reminds me of a couple of other of his playoff loses.