Polaris is Worst in Customer Service!

toddp

Ordered a Rush 800 retro pro R under the snow check program. Picked the sled up December 1st, have over 800 miles on it. The sled is fine but the dealer Cloverland in Ironwood, MI ordered me 2 retro jackets as soon as they became available to order. The dealer has now been told they will not be getting the jackets. Polaris in their stupidity sent retro jackets to dealers that didn't even order retros. So now those of us that paid top dollar for a sled can't get the matching jacket. Polaris's response is too bad tough luck! This retro sled is Polaris number 4 that I have bought. I sure hope nothing goes wrong with it as it is under warranty for 4 years from Polaris. If this is the way they treat customers over a silly jacket I can only imagine the hassle trying to get warranty coverage. Definitely time to switch brands!

whitedust

I'm trying to understand this. Poo advertised a Retro Jacket that you ordered at a price as an accessory but the Retro Jacket has been discontinued & can't be delivered? Or the Retro Jacket was part of the a 2011 incentive deal & Poo can't get it due to supply shortage?

toddp

Poo is Crap

I ordered the sled under the snow check program. The jackets were not even offered at the time in April. Polaris offered them to the dealers in November and my dealer immediately ordered 2 for me the first day they were available. Polaris then cancelled the dealer's order. When the dealer inquired they were told in writing from the Rep that Polaris missed the order they placed and too bad. All of this is documented in emails between the dealer and Polaris. Polaris sent retro jackets to dealers that didn't even order retro sleds. My dealer has tried everything they can think of to locate jackets for me and have had no luck. This is a major screw up by Polaris.

whitedust

Hmmm......... sounds like a Poo sales manager supplied gimmie jacket for key accounts not end users which would be you. Then dealers does what he wants with whatever jackets he can get. No supply... no jacket for you. On the other hand which is more important to you the jacket or the sled? I'm sure the sled is. So what would make you feel better a Poo hat, free service? Whatever it is let the dealer know then see what he can do.

toddp

Hmmm......... sounds like a Poo sales manager supplied gimmie jacket for key accounts not end users which would be you. Then dealers does what he wants with whatever jackets he can get. No supply... no jacket for you. On the other hand which is more important to you the jacket or the sled? I'm sure the sled is. So what would make you feel better a Poo hat, free service? Whatever it is let the dealer know then see what he can do.

Obviously the sled is the most important. The sled is okay but has a darting issue in loose snow on the trail, made some adjustments to the suspension today and it seems to have helped. The jacket issue is principal with me that Polaris should have made sure they were offered to the customers that actually purchased the sled first and then open it up to whoever wanted one if they still had any left.

whitedust

Well if the jacket supply is gone better to decide what you need to be whole. If nothing helps then little point in complaining no one can give you what does not exist. Does this make sense?

Dave_B

In 2002, I paid $6,400 for a jacket and got a free sled. It took me 3 months to get the jacket but, the sled was perfect. Thank you HJC!

lgsc_guy

Poo Dont Care!

You had better hope you dont need any major engine updates like the 2010 800's did some people were forced to wait till late december to get kits to repair them and the updates to the fuel mapping were a joke at best. All that said it was enough to make this dealer give up the brand after 16 years!

harvest1121

Sounds to me it was a limited jacket that the dealer rep dropped the ball on. Do not think it was Polaris it was the rep who did not put the order in.

thunderstruck88

hey if your very upset with this and I see you are call Polaris and talk to a person and if that person can't help you go to the top Also do you have the original paper that says you are getting the Retro Jacket if so copy it and send it to Polaris itself and see what's going on Most of the time to appease a customer they will help you out . Seems like to me that the guy at the dealer ship may have told you about the jacket just to get you hooked a bit more to buy the sled Good luck and hope this may of helped

79_srx

That's like i found a ski doo rev xp jacket in of all places ft myers florida at a cam am dealer back in DEC! Maybe Polaris will have them jackets in mexico next year when they start building motors there !(More jobs lost in USA what are you thinking Polaris)

D

Deleted member 10829

I ordered the sled under the snow check program. The jackets were not even offered at the time in April. Polaris offered them to the dealers in November and my dealer immediately ordered 2 for me the first day they were available. Polaris then cancelled the dealer's order. When the dealer inquired they were told in writing from the Rep that Polaris missed the order they placed and too bad. All of this is documented in emails between the dealer and Polaris. Polaris sent retro jackets to dealers that didn't even order retro sleds. My dealer has tried everything they can think of to locate jackets for me and have had no luck. This is a major screw up by Polaris.

If they weren't even offered to you at the time of snow check, I don't see where you have any complaint, they would have been a freebie any way. If that's enough to make you switch sleds, you will be switching sleds a lot!

mjkaliszak

In 2002, I paid $6,400 for a jacket and got a free sled. It took me 3 months to get the jacket but, the sled was perfect. Thank you HJC!

Good 1... I ordered 1 of those back in 93. I bought a T-cat, then talked my bud into ordering 1. Told him he be left behind, if he didn't ( LOL ). It took forever to get the " Bounty Hunter " snow check " jacket from AC. The jacket was great. The sled was another story. Come to think about it , I have been mad @ all 3 manufacturers ( never bought a Yami ) I did find POO to be the worst, followed by CAT, then DOO the best. My experience has told me that the " dealer or it's employees " is always the root of the problem in more than 50% of the issues. They like to push it off onto the manufacturer , whatever the issue is and wait for a declaration from them. I would like to suggest that you bring your sled over here, I have a dealer that needs a " sled " drove thru their front glass window. I can tell I'm going to the " dark side " early today.....