Price of new sleds

jebjk1

Just looked through Arctic Cats's 2018 lineup... LOL @ a $17,200 snowmobile!
Out of the 4 manufactures, who makes the most expensive one?

indy_500

Msrp on my sled is $13,999. I paid $10,604. Never understand all the gripe over new sled prices, I don't know anyone who pays sticker..

whitedust

Msrp on my sled is $13,999. I paid $10,604. Never understand all the gripe over new sled prices, I don't know anyone who pays sticker..

That's a good rule of thumb knock off about $3K off MSRP on average... good end goal on Spring deals. If you are not slick just ask dealer what chosen sled sells for ....if he is honest he will start you off at a discounted price. As Indy said no one pays MSRP so what you see online or Rags is not real world.

snobuilder

Just like getting 10k off a truck, it seems the new wave is that the msrp has been jacked so rediculessly high it seems like a great deal. Truck and sled mannies don't lose money, except on paper.

Bought a brand new truck last spring...had about $9000 in rebates and discounts. Sales guy told me the dealer wasnt making any money. I looked around at the nice big fancy facility and laughed. Told him I hoped that was the only lie he told me that day.

byr 13

Bought a brand new truck last spring...had about $9000 in rebates and discounts. Sales guy told me the dealer wasnt making any money. I looked around at the nice big fancy facility and laughed. Told him I hoped that was the only lie he told me that day.

don't worry , he had more lies :)

chunk06

The price doesn't bother me until we have low snow years and they give huge rebates in Feb and March killing the value of sleds bought pre season. It's not to hard to figure out looking at used sleds that some people are losing 5-6k on a couple year old sled with not many miles.

red_dog

Last time I did the snow check process, the dealers wouldn't budge more than $100 no matter who I talked to. These people getting $3K off MSRP are not snow check sales I assume?

The good thing was I got the sled I wanted, with the shocks, track, options and secondarily, the color I wanted and most of all, a 4 year engine warranty included. Why doesn't everyone just do at least a straight 4 year engine warrenty standard, most I see are 2 at best or 4 with all kinds of "outs"/exceptions/deductable non-sense for the dealer, why so chintzy, why all the games? It really does turn off the consumer. It would restore confidence to the buyer and sell many more sleds if 4 year no games was standard. With todays technology, they all have the ability to make any engine last that long and much longer.

By the way, the most $$ I saw last year MSRP, was a certain model of the Sidewinder X-TX LE $16,949, SkiDoo was a 'Gade X-RS $15,549 and Poo $15,199 RMK 174" 3" Cat didn't show up to the event I was at.

snobuilder

The same rebates and financing deals come across to ALL dealerships. I think deals, from one dealership to another should be within a few hundred.

Last edited:
Im not a dealer ,just a long time rider. 25 years plus. As far as motor warranties go its hard to offer a 4 year. The way people modify sleds these days its hard for a dealer to prove the sled was stock when the damage occurred. They have to spend time and money to prove otherwise,which in turn raises prices for the warranties and the bottom line. people often put sled back to stock and swear up and down it was stock when the problem occured. Just saying

I will probably not ever buy a sled through the snow check process ever again unless they do price matching like Poo did years ago if sled sells cheaper later. Sure you can get a few things on your sled in spring order but is $2,000 -$3,000 worth that? I f you do a little checking out there you can find the Sidewinders in the $12,000 range, what did most pay for spring orders? I would guess in the $15,000 range.My biggest question is why in the **** dont they quit making so many sleds each year when there are tons of new ones left year after year?

byr 13

I will probably not ever buy a sled through the snow check process ever again unless they do price matching like Poo did years ago if sled sells cheaper later. Sure you can get a few things on your sled in spring order but is $2,000 -$3,000 worth that? I f you do a little checking out there you can find the Sidewinders in the $12,000 range, what did most pay for spring orders? I would guess in the $15,000 range.My biggest question is why in the **** dont they quit making so many sleds each year when there are tons of new ones left year after year?

i agree, i will never snow check again

sweeperguy

i agree, i will never snow check again

I'd have to agree also, came close to snow checking in the past. Pulled in by "only available on snow check models, {Orders}" either colors or graphics. Only to find that they can still be found during the season, and even late in the season when all the big rebates and incentives come into play. Don't like paying full sticker, haven't yet, hopefully never will. Only scenario I could see paying full price, is a totaled sled during a trip, and having to replace it to salvage a sled vaca.

G

G

On Yamis you can only get the good shocks if you pre order. There are not many 'blowout' Sidewinders out there with the QS3's. So you are not talking apples to apples here. There is a huge difference. At this point if you can afford a 12 thou sled you can afford a 14 thou sled. Hate to buck the trend but sometimes pre orders are worth it.