Propane prices are sky high!

Pre-paid in August at 1.59. Own my tank so there is a minor deduct for that. I have pre-booked or pre-paid in July or August every year for the last 20 years and only lost the gamble 1 year. If that is an option for you, perhaps next year consider it. The volatility of propane in the winter months (real or ficticious) always concerns me. Hopefully it will be better next time.

bee1971

Sign A Contract Every Summer/Fall

Ferrellgas This Contract - $1.27 A Gallon thru August

Propane pricing has been very low the last few years

Some years ago I remember paying almost $2.50 a Gallon under Contract

LoveMyDobe

$$

I filled mine this fall for 1.59, first time in 6 years. Guess the outdoor woodburner was a good idea!

hemi_newman

When I called...the lady said it has been going up everyday...gasoline goes down...propane shoots up.Any recommendations for electric heat?...not something that i need to hardwire.I had an infrared heater but it bit the dust after two years of using it.

junior1

I work in the HVAC field. Here is western wis i have heard as high as 2.99 right now. Was told 3 times in the last 2 days that there is a propane shortage. 3 different companies are only filling the tank to a max of 60%. The excuses are a down pipeline, farmers to the south drying corn that was planted late,and some big export. Personally think its a little bit of a scam that the prices are high now the companies need to buy more but dont want to pay the higher prices so the customer is now getting the short end of the stick.

polarisrider1

Wonderful. My 500 gal. tank up north says 40%, almost time to call for a fill. My electric shot up big time. not on the KW end but on the "User ready fees" that went from $12.50 per month seasonal to $40 per month. then stack the KW hours on top of that. everyone got new meters out of it that doesn't need a meter reader coming around. Great Lakes Energy put everyone on the same readiness rates. Guess that is only fair that seasonal and year rounders pay the same since it does cost them the same to provide me power as it does my neighbors who are retired up there.

Ramsey

I buy my propane in June or July. They flat out screw people in the fall and winter.

Last year I paid $1.35/gal in August, at that time my contract price would have been $1.89/gal.. Had them come back and top it off in early November for $1.55/gal. and that carried us through the rest of the winter.

I didn't even check on a contract price this year.

whitedust

Wonderful. My 500 gal. tank up north says 40%, almost time to call for a fill. My electric shot up big time. not on the KW end but on the "User ready fees" that went from $12.50 per month seasonal to $40 per month. then stack the KW hours on top of that. everyone got new meters out of it that doesn't need a meter reader coming around. Great Lakes Energy put everyone on the same readiness rates. Guess that is only fair that seasonal and year rounders pay the same since it does cost them the same to provide me power as it does my neighbors who are retired up there.

That's why you go with 1000 gallon tank can hold 850 gallons with expansion screw 500 gallon tanks what you going to get in there empty 400 gallons bit more in cold weather?.....not big enough the way LP companies like it. LP a by product of gasoline why so high priced total BS we are being screwed.:(

RHFD547

Like Whitedust says....propane is a by product. I used to deliver it for .70 a gallon in the late 80's. Speaking from experience, I place the blame on the rising costs of insurance because insurance companies are afraid of the one incident where it goes bad.

polarisrider1

That's why you go with 1000 gallon tank can hold 850 gallons with expansion screw 500 gallon tanks what you going to get in there empty 400 gallons bit more in cold weather?.....not big enough the way LP companies like it. LP a by product of gasoline why so high priced total BS we are being screwed.:(

I am surprised they gave me the 500 since I only fill it once a year. 2' in ceiling, 4.5 inches dow blue board in sidewalls. turn down to 45 when not there. But still it hurts to fill it. We just got Natural gas lines run down a main road about 1/4 mile away. I suspect all of us around the 17 lakes within 1 mile of it will eventually get it. (pretty high concentration of cottages and retires). I don't own the tank.