R&R Trailers????

harski

Finally got one ordered! It is a 7520 in charcol grey. Here are some of the options beyond the standards;

Aluminum rims
SS Cambars
LED Package
Deluxe White Interior
Roof Vent
2 Fuel doors
Cabinet
Exterior Accent Stripe

Randy at R&R is great to deal with and will accomodate your needs. It's scheduled to arrive late November and I'll post pics at that time. Thanks again for everyones input and suggestions! It was a great help in my decision making.

Harski

mvedepo

looks sweet but I think you forgot about a 35 to 40k part of the project. you better go talk to mama about the new color matched truck.

I been down the road of black vehicles. Not going to do that again. Lol. However, I am looking at a $56,000 upgrade of my 05 Expedition to a 10 Sequoia Platinum in pearl white.

Well Ezra looks like I am going to have to eat my words. I ended up forgoing the Sequoia for a Yukon XL for the wife. Been towing my trailer with the Tundra. Tows great but tired of 9 - 10 mpg.

So I am ordering a black vehicle:

2011 F-250 Super Duty Order
F-250 4x4 Crew Cab 156" WB
Exterior Color - Metallic Tuxedo Black
Interior 40/Console/40 - Black
6.7 V-8 Diesel
6 Speed Auto
3.55 E-Locking transfer case
20" Polished Aluminum wheels
20" LT275 wheels
Lariat interior
Memory Group
Remote Start
RR View Camera
Heated/Cooled Seats
Preferred Equipment PKG
Lariat Trim
Trailer Tow PKG
Reverse Aid Sensor
SYNC
Chrome Package
Chrome Exhaust Tip
Chrome Tow Hooks
Chrome Mirror Caps
Chrome Bed Tie Down Hooks
6" Angular Chrome Step Bars
Navigation System
Extra Heavy Duty Alternator
Rapid Heat
Univ Garage Opener
Brake Controller
Upfitter Switches
All Weather Mats
Engine Block Heater

So I have to give you props. You were right ad I was wrong. :)

mvedepo

Rakins,

The trailer is outstanding. Very happy. Pulls awesome, a lot of light when loading and unloading in the U.P. I have no complaints!

mvedepo

In fact here are some pics of the interior as it sits. I will be putting some cabinets in eventually.

Attachments

• IMG00013-20091028-1722.jpg
    IMG00013-20091028-1722.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG00010-20091028-1635.jpg
    IMG00010-20091028-1635.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG00011-20091028-1636.jpg
    IMG00011-20091028-1636.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG00017-20091208-2200.jpg
    IMG00017-20091208-2200.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 106

mvedepo

looks sweet but I think you forgot about a 35 to 40k part of the project. you better go talk to mama about the new color matched truck.

You were right....I WISH it was $35-$40K though..lol

Hooked up the trailer today after spending hours of polishing diamond plate. Next trailer I get won't have so much!!!! :eek:| LOL

truck_and_trailer5.jpg

truck_and_trailer4.jpg

truck_and_trailer6.jpg

truck_and_trailer3.jpg

truck_and_trailer1.jpg

Got the screensaver loaded!!!

truck_and_trailer8.jpg

harski

You were right....I WISH it was $35-$40K though..lol

Hooked up the trailer today after spending hours of polishing diamond plate. Next trailer I get won't have so much!!!! :eek:| LOL

truck_and_trailer5.jpg

truck_and_trailer4.jpg

truck_and_trailer6.jpg

truck_and_trailer3.jpg

truck_and_trailer1.jpg

Got the screensaver loaded!!!

truck_and_trailer8.jpg

Told you not to get the diamond plate! hahaha! Looking nice!!! Hey, can I borrow that truck for minute? I promise I'll bring it right back!

Harski

mvedepo

You're a GM guy I thought? ;)

Yeah next one wont have so much diamond plate. Actually it wasn't bad once I got the right polish. :eek:

Got that 800R ready to go? We are going to get a lot of riding in this year. Don't forget that you are invited to go out west with us March 20-25

harski

You bet I have the sled ready to go.....to the shop that is later next month for schedule maintenance. Looking forward to this season and as for the trip west I'll have to take a raincheck as me and momma have a full plate for the winter already. We'll keep in touch for some local rides for sure. I have another idea that we can talk about offline too.

Still working on the repairs for the trailer from the tree damage. A long disappointing story about R&R's service.....I'm EXTREMELY disappointed with them at this time and regreting my purchase to a certain degree. We'll leave it at that.

Think Snow!

Harski

mvedepo

I understand what you are saying. I like 90% about my trailer. There are some areas though that corners were cut. Plus I am not thrilled that the maintenance needs to go back through Michigan. My next trailer most likely will be a Legend from Big O's or a Triton. I am probably getting one next year. I can't fit more than 2 mountain sleds in my trailer.

eagle1

Ok, you guys are making me nervous. Planning on buying a R&R trailer.
Was at there outlet store in LakeMills last week. They had 2 trailers going backto factory from storm damag.
Feel free to pm with any details, maybe you guys should sell me your USED trailer. LOL

mvedepo

I'll be selling mine next year. Not in a hurry to get rid of it. Its a great pulling trailer. I wouldn't sell it if I didn't need to get 3 or 4 mountain sleds out to Wyoming numerous times a year. Hard to argue with their price. I saved a ton over going with a Legend or Triton. If I lived in MI it would be better since I would be close if I have any issues. I am afraid to lose my trailer for an extended period of time if I have to drive it to MI for repair. I would like to have local support. One of the reasons you save money with Factory Direct pricing. I knew it going into this.

I am also not too happy that a lot of my "stainless steel" fasteners are rusting. I HATE RUST!!!! I didnt want ANYTHING on this thing to be prone to rusting. I was assured it wouldn't be. I have to have about 10 -15 new screws sent to me. Another thing that is poor are the zerks. On the back door 2 out of 3 zerks are messed up. One is missing and another was lose and stripped out. I am debating how to fix that. The door is not removable so tapping another one is out of the question. My try JB Weld.

Another thing that really chaps my a$$ is that I paid extra for backup lights. Since all the tail lights are LED I figured they would use the matching lights to the taillights. They did not. They did a rubber grommet incandescent. That wasn't the worst part. They were so lose they moved enough on my way home (5 hour drive) that it exposed the hole that was hacked in the frame (and when I say hacked I mean HACKED). I ended up having to GLUE the rubber grommet to the frame to keep it from moving. And since the hole is so garfed up upgrading to the screwed in LED back up light is not an option.

I get a ton of compliments on my trailer. Most of the issues I am the only one that knows. But I am anal about these things so they bug me.

Anyway, if you have any other questions fire away! :)

700classic

And since the hole is so garfed up upgrading to the screwed in LED back up light is not an option. [/QUOTE said:
MV, they do make a led backup light for a grommet style like you have.
Check Iowa80.com They have more lights than you can imagine. You can get your rig lit up like a xmas tree. Also check AWdirect.com they might have a bigger backup light that will cover up that hack job.

mvedepo

thanks! I just wish I could get a mounted one in there so it would match the other lights. But I will definitely check it out!!

mjkaliszak

I feel the need to add my daily .02. ( a little late being I missed the majority of the thread )

I have an R & R 3 PLC Inline, 7 X 16 extra tall. It's 21 with the V nose. If I was to do it over again, I would buy the Stainless Steel hardware and the aluminum wheels. My trailer sits outside all year long. The steel wheels corrode over time and the galvanized hindges rust & pit starting at the weld , as I need to replace the tires & rims this year. I bought this in 05-06, if I remember correctly. I paid 6300 + tax , reg .

If you get a standard height trailer you will always be ripping off or hitting your helmet visors. In addition to hitting your noggin should fail to remember where you are. The EX tall may have the tendency when on black ICE and you have a strong wind perpendicular to your direction of travel, to get pushed sideways. It only happened 1 time to me coming back from the UP across 55 towards Lake City. ( That scared the b-jesus out of me ) Of course I could always slow down and that may never have happened . Plus you can store & trailer bikes and ride them out. An over looked benefit . I have looked at " famous " name brand trailers and they seem nicer with attributes but I just seemed unable to justify the price difference . I too was banned from auctioning my kids on E-Bay ! ! ! ! Additionally R & R is 15-20 miles away and I can take the trailer there should I have problems. They are accomodating and have added upgrades to my trailer thru the years, Bigger chains with bigger hooks and the wheeled front jack . I did have my back trailer top " bar light " go bad and the roof caulking leak ( R & R resealed it ) The EX tall does stick up past the top of my " sub " a couple of feet but toes very well.
mvedepo : if you read this , how did you load the screen saver ? Of course I didn't read my manual.

Last edited: