R&R Trailers????

famousguy

mvedepo

Have you thought about bumping up to a PSD 716?

If you go with the 16 over the 14, you can get 3 sleds in it.

My 16 will fit 2 121 sleds and 1 136 sled.

Just a thought.....

mvedepo

Good point. I did ask for a quote on the 16' and it's only $325 more. Well worth it if you ask me. So I am gonna go that route

twodeere

Famousguy- how do you load the 716 trailer with the 136" & 2- 121" ?

I assume the 136" goes in first pointing towards the rear door??

Thanks

famousguy

twodeere

Yes 136 first pointed towards the rear door and on the road side of the trailer.

Next 121 pointed towards the rear as far back as it will go on the curb side.

Last 121 pointed rear on the road side. It drives in most of the way and then you just need to slide the back end over into the nose of the trailer.

I believe that I could get 2 136 and 1 121 in it, but it would be very tight. Have not tried that because we only have 1 136.

famousguy

They do fit like a glove with 2 121 and 1 136

If I were going to try and fit 2 136 and 1 121, I would take the ski of each sled that is toward the center of the trailer, and raise it up and set it on a 4X4 or something. That would give you the few extra inches you would need.

The 136 that we have been putting in is a Ski-Doo Grand Touring, so it has that big rack on the back. I would think 136 sleds like a Switchback or Renegade would fit even better because you would be able to slide the back end over closer to the side of the trailer.

famousguy

These 3 sleds fit just fine in my 716 PSD

113133.jpg

famousguy

Due to it's new compact profile, this sled would have fit perfect. I could probably get 4 of these in my trailer....
113135.jpg

harski

famous and/or twodeere, do you think 1-136 and 3-121's would fit in a 7518? This is the trailer I'm leaning hard on. Currently I only need space for 3-121's or 1-136 and 2-121's. Future requirements could change though.

Hope the person who schmucked that tree bailed before impact! ?

Harski

famousguy

Harski,

I really can't say for sure since mine is a 7' x16'

My guess would be yes, but you better check with someone who has one to be sure.

As for the crash, no he did not bail out first and was hurt pretty bad. We came up on that accident scene last year and he was still laying in the middle of the trail waiting for an ambulance. He was hurt quite bad, but we found out later that he is ok now.

The driver is the Vice President of the OFSC Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs.

It was all due to speed.

twodeere

Harski

I looked at the 2005 spec. sheet I have from R&R. It lists the 716 as 2-3 sleds and the 718 as 3 sleds. Moving up to the 722 it shows 4 sleds.
I would call R&R and ask them. I have called them in the past and they have been helpful. Their website is www.rnrtrailers.com. The phone number is on the website. Let us know the outcome & good luck.

harski

Thanks guys! I've been in touch with Randy at R&R in which he has been awesome to deal with! On the record, he has to stick with the specs that they post. From what I see on website forums most individuals are fitting at least one additional unit than ther're supposed to. I was just curious again to hear the opinion of others with first hand experiences.

Now, the hard part, reassuring momma that this is the one to get! LOL! Can anyone relate or do you really think you wear the pants in the family? !

Harski

famousguy

Just buy it and bring it home.

No, just kidding on that.

I did that with a Brand New MXZ 700 back in 2000. She did not know I was buying it until I brought it home.

I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN! That turned out to be the most expensive sled I ever bought since in some ways I am still paying for it......

harski

Forgot to add that the major reason for finding out how many sleds can fit is to save as much length as possible. I may be able to still fit a car in front of the trailer once in the garage if I get the 7518.

Harski

twodeere

I'm lucky and have a very understanding "momma". Although by mid-March her patience runs a little thin...
From what I can see, trailers hold their value pretty well. I can probably sell my trailer now and get most of my money back. It also came in handy when we picked up some new furniture she wanted awhile back.

fredster

I have the RNR 716PS. We haul three fullsize sleds in it. Yamaha Rage, Yamaha Vector and, Polaris 600 Classic. You can squeeze in at least one and maybe two long-trackers, but not three.

I bought my trailer in April 2002. Other than new brakes/wheels bearings and a couple of corroded wires - no problems at all. Very happy with it. Paid $4300 which in highsight was a great deal.

We have put at least 10-15K miles on it for winter trips. I have also used it to move my small JD utility tractor (folding ROPS) which is pushing it on the weight but it handles it fine. It's also been used to help move stuff on more than one occasion from one house to another.

I have also found RNR great to work with. I just contacted them about getting some updates done (new hinges, new flooring, etc) and they are willing to tackle this too. Definitely a company to do business with -