R&R Trailers????

eagle1

Well, I did it!!!:eek: No more frozen slushy covers for me!! :cool:

After procrastinating for over a year, hemming and hawing last 12 days since we visited Lake Mills, I ordered my trailer today!!:D
Wife said I was driving her crazy so "just go order the d@#g thing before I do"
So I did. lol

Seems like a lot of money but should last quit awhile. Heck, I made my 8x10 steel trailer last 13 yrs this should last forever.

Ordered 7x16ps with most of the goodies.

eagle1

Here's what I got, sure I could of had lot more but wanted to keep the price in check.
7x16ps enclosed trailer
stainless steel cam bars
Aluminum wheels
deluxe white walls ( which includes ATP kick plate)
2 fuel doors
RV style side door
Light Package (rear loading light, led side markers)
mounted spare tire
Also having the front ramp door moved to the road side

price- $7,580
like I said you can definitely add more but its a trailer and plenty enough for me.

harski

Here's what I got, sure I could of had lot more but wanted to keep the price in check.
7x16ps enclosed trailer
stainless steel cam bars
Aluminum wheels
deluxe white walls ( which includes ATP kick plate)
2 fuel doors
RV style side door
Light Package (rear loading light, led side markers)
mounted spare tire
Also having the front ramp door moved to the road side

price- $7,580
like I said you can definitely add more but its a trailer and plenty enough for me.

Sounds great eagle. Make sure you have this all down in writing! Double and triple check their "order sheet"! I wanted my door on the road side and had discussed it with Randy numerous times but it missed the "order sheet" so it didn't get installed. My bad.

Definitely a big upgrade from your previous trailer! Good Luck!

BTW, your wife and mine must be related! (Qoute: Wife said I was driving her crazy so "just go order the d@#g thing before I do") My wife tells me the same thing! Gotta love them!

Harski

eagle1

Sounds great eagle. Make sure you have this all down in writing! Double and triple check their "order sheet"! I wanted my door on the road side and had discussed it with Randy numerous times but it missed the "order sheet" so it didn't get installed. My bad.

Definitely a big upgrade from your previous trailer! Good Luck!

BTW, your wife and mine must be related! (Qoute: Wife said I was driving her crazy so "just go order the d@#g thing before I do") My wife tells me the same thing! Gotta love them!

Harski
Thanks for the heads up. Planning on touching base with Karen again tomorrow about the front ramp door. (That would be a deal breaker if they mess that up.)

I was really torn between this trailer and the 11arc so I wouldn't have to spend as much. But my wife really knows how passionate I am about sledding and knew I would be happier with this trailer in the longrun. God bless her.:)

Last edited:

mvedepo

Eagle,

If you are getting the finished interior I would highly recommend the six 12 Volt fluorescent interior lights. Lights up REALLY nice for when you have to work on your sled up north.

Sorry about the mix up but I was addressing all my posts to Skee. Hard to read these threads on my Blackberry sometimes...lol

Anyway, I have all the mods you have and if you would like to see what you are getting let me know. I am in Sun Prairie and you can come check out my trailer anytime.

brewskiwi

I wouldn't have another R&R trailer if they gave them away. I had to send mine back to the factor to have the floor replaced because it was cut wrong the first time and after a month I got it back and it was still messed up. I don't think they ever touched it. The first year I had the trailer it was back for service 5 or 6 time. Save yourself lots of frustration and buy anything except and R&R POS

xf800sp

Interesting, 6 year old R&R all aluminum 4 place inline owner here, and have no problems (Besides normal maintenance hubs, wheel bearings, and brakes). We were trying to put together an estimate of how many miles the trailer has on it during the last trip and settled on just about 10k.

fusionfool

1 year old now no problems

We have had our RnR for one full season now, and had absolutly no issues, or regrets.
We finished off the interior our selves. As for towing, we realy love the way the in-line handles compared to our old over the wheel side by side style. The wife will even drive while towing with this trailer. That in its self is a big pluss.

ajscam

Love my R&R. Tows great.

Had a problem w/ the breaks after only 2 years. Said it look like they rusted??? Needed new magnets.

sxrron

Hi can you share what materials you used to finish the interior, especially the screws that you used. Thanks

fusionfool

Hi can you share what materials you used to finish the interior, especially the screws that you used. Thanks
We used FRP (fiber re-enforced plastic) and FRP rivets. CIMG1226.jpg We placed foam insulation behind each panel for insulation. The plastic rivets are easy to install, just drill 1/4" hole and pound in with hammer. We had the job complete to this point in 3 hrs.

ajscam

I used the thinnest plywood home depot had. It's not even plywood; I believe it's a subflooring material. It's definitely not thick enough to mount anything to, so you have to find studs. One coat of primer, two coats of hi-gloss white. I was surprised at how much this stuff expands & contracts w/ the seasons.

I believe I was able to find the same screws that R&R used to attach the floor:
photo.jpg

lee

Take a look at Harbor Master trailors,mine been pulled all over the winter states plus my race car in the summer,its now 12 years old with no problems

harski

I wouldn't have another R&R trailer if they gave them away. I had to send mine back to the factor to have the floor replaced because it was cut wrong the first time and after a month I got it back and it was still messed up. I don't think they ever touched it. The first year I had the trailer it was back for service 5 or 6 time. Save yourself lots of frustration and buy anything except and R&R POS

I have a 2010 trailer and I regret the purchase. All I have to say is it's worth spending a little more for a different trailer. Secondly, they don't stand behind their product. All they stand behind is "selling trailers".

Love my R&R. Tows great.

Had a problem w/ the breaks after only 2 years. Said it look like they rusted??? Needed new magnets.

Just had four replaced and found out that Dexter had some faulty magnets around the time my trailer was built. You may want to call Dexter to see what they say as I was able to get reimbursed on the parts but not the labor.

snobinge

I'm hesitant to bash R&R because I want to be able to sell my trailer! ;)

I purchased a 2012 in-line and am completely unsatisfied with the quality of product and level of customer service I have received from R&R.

snowbound83

I have a 2001 4 place enclosed R & R trailer that we purchased new. It is still going good to today after we had to replace the axles couples years after we bought it. We have hauled it out to Colorado a few times and took it to Sturgis with our motorcycles. Not the flashest trailer out there but it serves its purpose. I would purchase another R & R trailer.