Revelstoke in 2011 who is interested?

• Yes, I am in.

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No, But thanks for the invite.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

polarisrider1

Who would be interested in a Revelstoke Mountain riding trip of a life time. This is the smack Daddy of all Mountain riding. It would be next year around this time. Sleds will get trucked out and you can ride in the supersleeper cab that holds 15 sleeps 8 at a time. or fly out and rent a 4x4 to get to the lodge.

snoluver1

This might be a viable option. What kind of money we talking to B.C.? Also, is there more than one driver--straight through or stoping at night?

polarisrider1

Andy that was quick. Money???? not sure yet depends on interest. Rick Mom and I have talked about this. I would like to put it together. I can tell you this you will not find a less expensive way to get there than Moms. Great people! They are currently doing a 2 week trip, 1 week to Snowies and 1 week to Cooke City. Only those that can cross a border to Canada apply. Passport, no prevoius or current DUI, late child support, etc. They do figure it out at the border and you will be left to the Canadians. If you can not cross, you will figure your own way home. We are serious on this. Sleds must be insured and registered in your name, you need a passport or similiar. We exchange money at Duty free and buy cigs. and booze there also. Any priors or convictions don't even think of it. Canada is very strict on this. Only serious apply. This will be the trip of your sledding life time for off trail riders.

polarisrider1

Right now I need 26 riders who will commit to get Moms interest in going. they have a lot of restrictions they have to meet to haul sleds across the border. It may not even be feasible any more. We looked into this 2 yrs. ago. Things are constantly changing at the border for trucks. Rick is on a trip out to Cooke right now I need numbers to bring him. He will give us the best price hands down. He loves to ride too!

polarisrider1

Trip will be straight thru. Don't worry when you are not sleeping you can watch either TV. Sled videos and or movies non stop. sleeping in upper bunks. Or you can let me be the house and we play blackjack for hours on end! They even allow smoking in the bathroom with the turbo fan. lol. Truck holds about 15 guys. rest have to fly.

polarisrider1

www.glacierhouse.com

info@glacierhouse.com
Home
Rooms & Cabins
Reservations
Great Services
Specials, Sports & Packages
Where we are
Glacier Blog
Employment

Pet Friendly

Welcome to Glacier House Hotel & Resort, Revelstoke's Finest.

Glacier House Hotel & Resort is one of Revelstoke’s finest Accommodations where you enjoy the comforts of spacious fireplace rooms and log cabins. Glacier House’s quiet location, 5 minutes north of the town of Revelstoke, makes us an ideal hotel in Revelstoke to explore Mount Revelstoke National Park, go Golfing, Hiking, Canoeing, Skiing, Boarding or Snowmobiling.

Spacious Fireplace Lodge rooms
Log cabins sleep 2 to 12
Free Internet & sat. TV
Indoor Swimming Pool
Bistro Restaurant, Outdoor Patio
Sauna, 6 Jacuzzi’s, Playground
Golf & Ski & Sledding packages
'Sledders' Pub with Big Screen

Spacious Rooms

Choose from single queen rooms, spacious fireplace lodge rooms or King suites with a balcony to enjoy your stay in Revelstoke BC. Best of all, it is quiet, clean and the mountain views are great.

Read more…

Private Log Cabins
Our log cabins are ideal for parties of 2 to 12 people. The medium cabins offer 2 queen beds, a private deck with a great view and seating in front of the fireplace. Large cabin also offer multiple bedrooms, private hot tubs and several unit have kitchens as well.
Read more…

Revelstoke Golf, hiking, canoeing & more
Our hotel is ideally located for your outdoor adventures in Revelstoke. 10 Minutes to the Revelstoke Pro Golf course, close to hiking in Glacier and Mt Revelstoke National Parks, direct access to Revelstoke downhill mt biking and just 3 kms to canoeing on Lake Revelstoke.
Read more…

Skiing, boarding and snowmobiling in Revelstoke BC
Glacier House is the only Revelstoke hotel with direct snowmobile access to Frisby Ridge & Boulder Mountain.Great ski packages are offered at Revelstoke Mountain Resort, located 15 minutes across the valley.

Read more…

Glacier House Hotel & Resort
1870 Glacier Lane, Box 250, Revelstoke BC, Canada
E-mail: info@glacierhouse.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
North America: Toll Free 1-877-837-9594 1-877-837-9594
Other: Phone 1-250-837-9594 Fax 1-250-837-9592

$ 249 Special
2 night Med. Cabin

Save $ 20 Midweek

Glacier House Hotel & Resort 1870 Glacier Lane, Box 250, Revelstoke BC, Canada
E-mail: info@glacierhouse.com
Toll Free 1-877-837-9594 1-877-837-9594 Ph. 250-837-9594 250-837-9594 Fx 1-250-837-9592 This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

polarisrider1

It's time to sort the weak from the herd. We will be doing the all-inclusive pkg. 4-5 days of riding. 2 days out 2 days back. This is why we are giving you 1 yr. to think about it. I will have airport info for you. Smurfrider will help me with airport and shuttle info. I am more for next year March because of the longer days means more riding. Those who want to go will be given a list of things they will need to own or rent. example: Avy beacons, probes, etc.

snoluver1

You could even push it well into April if you want long days and warmer temps. Heck even May, although if theres no fresh it could be hero snow by then. Put me down as VERY intrested!!

skeedoo

Yep you can count me in on a trip to BC. A buddy and I were just talking about a British Columbia trip for next year a couple of days ago. Polarisrider1, (you won't remember) but I chatted with you on a JD forum ealier this year about Wawa/Elliott lake area, I have an island in the north channel somewhat close to Elliott Lake. Anyways keep me informed on a BC trip for next year if you have room. Thanks, Chris

cuzzinolaf

You crack me up Wayne. All I know is Techsledder, Snolover1, Andy and I better get a seat. I emailed you yesterday about this and you've done gone to town. What about all that stuff you said about the border, etc. Can this really happen?

Edit -
Oh yea, Stackler is going too.

Last edited:

getsome

#1 on my BUCKETLIST

I would be interested. Great opportunity ! Been hoping to do this trip before I turn 45. lol Canada no problem for me !

Not sure about takin my own sled, see how your #'s come along.

"I would have to get that RMK finally, honey."

cuzzinolaf

if you guys run into any kinda snag let me know as we were setting same thing up we have two tractor-trailers!!!

I think we're good with whatever is safe, sure, and cheapest. I spoke with Wayne and he still needs to work out any and all details with Rick Mom. I sort of assumed you guys would be in on this trip too. It was originally Techsledder's idea and Wayne went to town LOL.

Any thoughts or plans on having guides up there in Revy?

I'm sure a package price could be put together to include guides. I would think it should be sorted by riding style or the type of riding people want to do.

fgsacts

Can anyone give me first hand knowledge on how difficult it is going to be crossing the border with a DUI? I openly admit that I got one 13 years ago. I am not even sure if it is still on my record (plea bargain). I would hate to go that distance and be left at the border or turned away at the airport. This is obviously a deciding factor for me.

polarisrider1

Hey guys, I currently cannot reach Moms Motorsports, but I left Rick a mesage to call me. They are currently out to the Snowies for a week and then to Cooke Cty for a week. He will call me when he gets a signal. Anyways we are not limited to doing the trip this way. Cuzz mentioned that others may have a semi truck. That will work to. I have found that I am not the only one who has this on their "Bucket list". We have many options to choose from on how to get there and back. We will have to set up the lodge in advance to get enough rooms for everyone. I will get pricing on that. Rick Mom is great at negotiating pkg. deals. We are at the early planning stages as of now. Those going to the Slednutz 2010 Mass Invasion or to the John Dee ride in can give me there input in person if they like. Or email me.