Revelstoke in 2011 who is interested?

• Yes, I am in.

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No, But thanks for the invite.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fgsacts

Currently flights into Calgary from Chicago are $712 non stop and $456 one stop round trip. Flights into Kelowna are $1233 non stop and $694 one stop round trip. Trip is going to be pricey. I don't think I could sit in the back of a truck that long. If I am going to do this trip I need to do it before I am as old as Wayne.

polarisrider1

Currently flights into Calgary from Chicago are $712 non stop and $456 one stop round trip. Flights into Kelowna are $1233 non stop and $694 one stop round trip. Trip is going to be pricey. I don't think I could sit in the back of a truck that long. If I am going to do this trip I need to do it before I am as old as Wayne.

lmfao, thank you.

cuzzinolaf

I say drive and rotate drivers. It is only an additional 12 hours (Only LOL) by the time you fly to Kelowna with transfers, get through customs, get a rental car or shuttle, and then arrive in Revy. You're paying for a plane ticket, a rental car or shuttle service, etc.

Do the math on just gas to drive. About $200 each without a trailer. A flight would be $700+, rental car would be a decent amount because we probably couldn't drop it off in Revy, etc.

Driving into BC would only be the gravy. Talk about an experience to see those mountains and snow in the distance.

attack_06

customs

i have crossed bc and manitoba in semi truck its the same everywhere but takes 3 4 hr when hauling us freight

attack_06

rte

also in semi the drive is easyer taking 94 to nd then up 29 to winnipeg then can 17 to calgary versus 94 all way thru montana and into bc longer and more difficult for semi

fgsacts

31 hours from Chicago not including stops. No thank you. I'll fly. If this is supposed to be the trip of a life time, I am willing to spend more. It is going to cost a s**tload anyway. Air fare - $500, sled transport - $400?, lodging - $600, rental car - $250, Sled fuel - $150, Guide tips - $100, food and drink - $200. Figure $2000+. I am guessing at some of the prices based on zero research and may be on the low side.

getsome

31 hours from Chicago not including stops. No thank you. I'll fly. If this is supposed to be the trip of a life time, I am willing to spend more. It is going to cost a s**tload anyway. Air fare - $500, sled transport - $400?, lodging - $600, rental car - $250, Sled fuel - $150, Guide tips - $100, food and drink - $200. Figure $2000+. I am guessing at some of the prices based on zero research and may be on the low side.

I came up with $3500 for my trip, with the addition of rental sled...

fgsacts

Never mind, found it. $308/day for a 800 Summit. I believe insurance is mandatory at $30/day also. Depending on the Mom's price it will be cheaper to bring your own don't you think?

fgsacts

They have a six day/five night all inclusive package for $2838.21 plus tax (US dollars). Would still need to add air fare, sled fuel, sled insurance, and transportation from the airport. $3500 is still going to be low if you are renting a sled.

blutooth

Well I'll bite... I'd love to go to BC. They get something like 50 feet of snow a year, and all powder!

Anyway, from what I have read, Revy is great, but it is the tourist area, there are lots of great lodges a little south with the same kind of riding:

http://www.sledsicamous.com

You could also fly to Vancouver and have an easier drive than through the mountains from Calgary, but Patches is right, you are adding lots of expense, airfare, rental car, etc.

I would think with the right group of guys you could do the trip in 30 hours from Milwaukee (1800 miles to Revy) by taking turns driving 5 hour shifts.

We had a guy with a recent DUI go on the last hunting trip I went on to Quebec. If I recall, he got a letter from his state rep or something as well as being prescreened by customs - he has a whole bunch of extra paperwork when we got there but it was no problem for him, and we were bringing a whole lot of guns with us...

Blutooth

cuzzinolaf

Well I'll bite... I'd love to go to BC. They get something like 50 feet of snow a year, and all powder!

Anyway, from what I have read, Revy is great, but it is the tourist area, there are lots of great lodges a little south with the same kind of riding:

http://www.sledsicamous.com

You could also fly to Vancouver and have an easier drive than through the mountains from Calgary, but Patches is right, you are adding lots of expense, airfare, rental car, etc.

I would think with the right group of guys you could do the trip in 30 hours from Milwaukee (1800 miles to Revy) by taking turns driving 5 hour shifts.

We had a guy with a recent DUI go on the last hunting trip I went on to Quebec. If I recall, he got a letter from his state rep or something as well as being prescreened by customs - he has a whole bunch of extra paperwork when we got there but it was no problem for him, and we were bringing a whole lot of guns with us...

Blutooth

I was thinking the same thing about being touristy. I still don't think they get the amount of people that the Snowies or Rabbit Ears would get. Saying that I have also thought about Golden and Sicamous as well. They are both fairly close and I don't think get as much traffic. I think whoever offers the best package should get the bid.... Revy being last. I initially said Revelstoke to Wayne because everyone knows Revy. If we are flying I'd say go for Stewart and be done with it.

Firecatguy

I think we're good with whatever is safe, sure, and cheapest. I spoke with Wayne and he still needs to work out any and all details with Rick Mom. I sort of assumed you guys would be in on this trip too. It was originally Techsledder's idea and Wayne went to town LOL.

I'm sure a package price could be put together to include guides. I would think it should be sorted by riding style or the type of riding people want to do.

you must forgot I told you were setting same thing up!!!!

polarisrider1

Actually I had to go to work, back now.lol. We can't do much until we get Rick to look into it as far as the trucking goes unless someone else steps forward. His truck hauls 24-26 sleds. He also knows how to negotiate group rates for a pkg. deal. It will be way cheaper to ship your sled out and back than it will be to rent. I have no problem driving out with the suburban and 4-5guys and shipping sleds. We could pull a trailer to. I am sure we will have many variations of getting out and back. I have been stuck in closed airports before, not fun. Road trip will be fine with me. We do driving shifts by 1 tank of gas then switch at fill up.

cuzzinolaf

Rusty has a plan Wayne. He has someone on the ground in Revy and a good idea. I'm not going to steal his thunder but I think we should let him take the lead since he's been planning this. I wasn't expecting you to post this so quickly and didn't get to talk to him about any of it. He did mention to me a while ago that this is something they wanted to do. I just didn't know he was actively working on it. I will say Rusty's friend owns a trucking company they're trying to do this as cheap as possible.