SE WI - Walworth, Waukesha, Racine & Kenosha Counties - 2018-19

snobuilder

Rode the trails immediately surrounding the Racine Co. Winterfest north and south of KR. All I can say is it's the best it has been in a long long time.....and should be even better later this week.

gkolar

Rode around Twin lakes, Genoa City, Pell Lake, Slades Corner, Silver Lake etc..., great to see lots of riders out, even better seeing the groomer out, as "slowsi000" said the trails can't get much better around here. White trail, snow covered, totally flat and actively groomed. After the snow coming tonight and Mon the trails will be an "11". Stay off the lakes, tow truck was winching a guys truck out at the launch on Lake Elizabeth by our place, Enjoy the stellar trails while they last!!

IMG_0084.jpg IMG_0088.jpg

timo

Could use more snow here in wash. co. Only have about 10 inches on ground. Was bare ground no base a week ago. Some fields were nice some little rough, woods trails thin.
Journal Sentinel this morning calling for 12-18 Sunday Monday. Record breaking cold to follow trails will be perfect by next weekend.

slowsi00

Riding the sled to work tomorrow. That makes me feel special inside. Seen more groomers down here in urban sledding land on the trail than in the U.P... I hope every business on the trail down here has never been busier and they have 100 sleds at every rest stop on the trail.

The trail conditions given the pure amount of sleds is absolutely unreal.

440_chazz

Could use more snow here in wash. co. Only have about 10 inches on ground. Was bare ground no base a week ago. Some fields were nice some little rough, woods trails thin.
Journal Sentinel this morning calling for 12-18 Sunday Monday. Record breaking cold to follow trails will be perfect by next weekend.

But then....Mother Nature says "Hold my beer, I'm gonna swing the temperature 70 degrees for the weekend....oh and sprinkle in some rain."

bheld

They should hold if the clubs are smart and close the trails early Saturday morning. It doesn't look like much rain and perhaps some snow Tues/Wed.

timo

Yup unfortunately,,,and I have to be in Illinois for a basketball tourney saturday so,,,, yah,,,,

But then....Mother Nature says "Hold my beer, I'm gonna swing the temperature 70 degrees for the weekend....oh and sprinkle in some rain."

ridindirty800

Hopefully the rain is light over the weekend and Monday. If it is light rain and cloudy it could create just a great base once the cold returns Tuesday and then hope for a few inches of snow. Going to try to ride Friday night and then park during the warm up. Looks like most trails were groomed before the deep freeze and they look great!

ryanslyne

Fantastic ride in to work this AM. Sections of the state forest are a little bumpy by the Waukesha/ Walworth county line but that is because they have not groomed it. The rest was fantastic, fresh groomed in Walworth near East Troy and fresh groomed once you got north into Waukesha county a little bit. Will ride tonight and probably tomorrow before they close up and go into conservation mode on our base with the warm up coming. Enjoy it while you can.

RS

ryanslyne

FYI trails set to close 4am Sunday given the upcoming forecast. Keep checking Walworth County Snowmobile Alliance Facebook page or snow phone for updates if you are going out riding. 262-742-2664.

RS