SE WI - Walworth - Waukesha - Racine - Kenosha - Jefferson Counties

ryanslyne

Well the talk of snow this week prompted me to get on the site for the first time this year and check out John's Seasonal forecast as well as getting this thread started. It will be nice to see some flakes fly early before Halloween but reality is any form of precipitation that we are getting right now is just delaying our trails being put in. In Walworth county we are drastically behind in crop harvest mainly due to a wet/ cold spring as some crops did not get in until June. But now the rains this fall and now snow this week that we are getting will just further delay farmers getting out to get crops off the fields. With that being said our club in East Troy is still shooting for getting all of our trails in by December 1st as usual. The last couple years we have not been successful in doing this and I would not be surprised if this year is the same with the weather we have had. So far our club has about 5% of our fields cleared and ready for stakes. We will hope for a dry next couple of weeks to get us on schedule! As usual post here for some SE WI conditions, riding and information throughout the year. Anyone thinking about joining a club, please do so! We are always in need of a helping hand or just your money to help make the trails happen! Whether it is our club or another the membership goes a long way!

Let's hope this is a great year!

RS

ryanslyne

Happy Halloween/ Trick-or-Treat I think this is a trick. About 5" on the ground coming down hard and blowing. Would rather have this in December....

RS

Snirtdawg

Remember a few years ago when we got all that snow on 11/19, never snowed again for over two months. I'd rather see warm and dry now, pretty crappy fall this year. We will be hard pressed to get trails in on time.

WorkHardPlayHrd

I'm assuming getting your trails in will also be determined by wether us farmers can get our crops off. So far that's not going very well!

ryanslyne

Yeah brutal fall for the farmers so far. Everyone one of them that I have talked to for trail permission did not sound too optimistic. And it is snowing again today. One plus side of things, it looks like it is going to get real cold next week. If we stay dry as well perhaps the ground will freeze up a bit so they can get out and get those crops off!

RS

ryanslyne

Anohter 3-4" on ground this morning snowing and blowing hard now. Hard to tell how much we got with all blowing going on. Would be nice to get this snow in December instead of November!

RS

old abe

Remember a few years ago when we got all that snow on 11/19, never snowed again for over two months. I'd rather see warm and dry now, pretty crappy fall this year. We will be hard pressed to get trails in on time.

Get the H--- out of here! I don't want to hear it!

Snirtdawg

Looking at Unaccuweather, looks to remain pretty cold into December! We are going to need chisels and drill bits to get posts in this year:fatigue:

timo

was doing some scouting around washington and fon du lac co. this saturday and was surprised that all the trail markers were in,,, At least where I know there are trails from seeing from road in past wintes or trails I've been on,,,they're all marked. saw guys on 4 wheelers marking a field in fon du lac co.
Also saw a bald eagle soaring above.

i think this snow and cold is here to stay.

ryanslyne

Looking at Unaccuweather, looks to remain pretty cold into December! We are going to need chisels and drill bits to get posts in this year:fatigue:

YEP AND IT IS GOING TO BE BRUTAL! We are going to try and start Thanksgiving weekend. Still waiting on at least 10-15 fields to be harvested.

RS

ridindirty800

YEP AND IT IS GOING TO BE BRUTAL! We are going to try and start Thanksgiving weekend. Still waiting on at least 10-15 fields to be harvested.

RS

Same here in Elkhorn, we got what we could marked 2 weeks ago and have been haulted since. No changes in the fields with crops yet and the few that did come down need to be tilled. Some farmers told me another 2 weeks possibly before they get back tilling after the rain. Not going to be fun getting signs in this year.

Snirtdawg

We got most of the road crossings done on 11/29/19, but I don't see the being able to get into the fields until mid December at the earliest, way too wet and crops.

ryanslyne

Our road crossings are done hoping to get the rest in Saturday before the big cool down next week freezes everything up.

RS

ryanslyne

Things are depressing around here....I guess travel north to ride it looks like it is going to be a while yet until we get any snow around here. John's text sounds promising perhaps for end of next week but nothing firm. My 10 day outlook on my phone does not look promising either. We have our Walworth County Snowmobile Alliance meeting tonight, we should get an idea on if all of our trails are finally in or not. If indeed they are then I guess all we are waiting on is snow! I will report back on that. Think snow!

RS

timo

What started out so promising has turned into early november. Standing water everywhere. Dam near 50 and sunny again today.
Heading up north tonight to scratch my itch.

1fujifilm

What started out so promising has turned into early november. Standing water everywhere. Dam near 50 and sunny again today.
Heading up north tonight to scratch my itch.

Quick, Everyone back to the U.P. north of HWY 2.

Bear