SE WI - Walworth - Waukesha - Racine - Kenosha - Jefferson Counties

whitedust

56 yesterday...50's today and depending on the outlet anywhere from .6" to 8" saturday so who knows but with the warmth I wouldn't hold my breath, going to be mushy
Exactly Brian it will be nice to see some snow falling but doubtful that it will be useful for anything but kids playing and snowman snow. Wish it would help Trails somewhere but not so much in SE WI just too warm for now. Lake water is 48 degrees the dreaded warmer by the lake will hurt too.

gkolar

Walworth website says trails open 12/31 @ 6AM. Not sure how much will be left to ride on after the drizzle and temps today. Our club in Twin Lakes had no info posted on trails being open there (we are Kenosha but border Walworth if you ride N to 50).

whitedust

If riding try Walworth county , west and north. East won’t be good Kenosha only had 2.5” of snow and snow totals were all over the place 4-6 common of very wet snow. I’m not sure how this will groom out but if stays below freezing the base should be good. If we get snow Friday that will help a lot but forecast 50-50 rain or snow. I wouldn’t ride lakes very iffy.

The fields around Troy Center are not good, I don't know why they still chisel plow fields, that is so old school but some farmers don't want to change.

ryanslyne

Forecast starting to look promising. Let's hope they get this one right! Saw groomers hit Southern Waukesha county last night and trails look pretty good but still closed. I know Walworth county had groomers out as well.

RS

pclark

Sun really took a toll today on the snow. Groomers are trying to get things smoothed out before the temp goes down tonight and maybe, perhaps maybe we will get some measurable snow this weekend. Supposed to be 8 degrees tonight and -1 on Friday night. A few inches on top of a flat base sounds good!

jasonk3aa

While we wait for the snow, if anyone is looking to ride on Saturday, we have the Racine County Alliance Winterfest at Great Lakes Dragaway. You can trailer out to to the event and free ride around the 100acre property as well as compete for some cash prizes in multiple sled classes in the radar run. There is also a youth race for the kids with both 120cc and 200cc classes. No need to pre-register just show up by 11am and get your kids signed up for $25. Trophies for all participants and multiple place winners. Live music in the evening from 4-7pm following the days events with a full bar of refreshments.

As always, free admission- hope to see everyone there!

ryanslyne

Walworth section 1 Northern Red trails opened this morning. I am sure the southern half will be open after the snow tomorrow night. I might go for quick ride to inspect our clubs trails and can report back.

RS

You can't be SERIOUS are you really that clueless?? How many acres do you operate?

Are you clueless? My house is between two different farmers. They have not plowed there fields for years. They disc and replant, they alternate between corn and beans every year.

Walworth section 1 Northern Red trails opened this morning. I am sure the southern half will be open after the snow tomorrow night. I might go for quick ride to inspect our clubs trails and can report back.

RS

I rode to Barley's yesterday afternoon, the trails are pretty good. The KM forest is really nice.

D

Deleted member 10829

Are you clueless? My house is between two different farmers. They have not plowed there fields for years. They disc and replant, they alternate between corn and beans every year.

I've noticed that a lot up in my area also.

ryanslyne

Who cares some plow some don’t. We have plenty of land owners in our area that do and some that don’t. Most of the ones that do we try to disc trails pre season. Anyways 1-2” fell over night all of walworth county open. Heading out shortly for a ride will report back.

RS

ryanslyne

IMG_5222.JPG IMG_5223.jpg IMG_5224.jpg

Couple pics of ride yesterday and ride to work this morning Walworth and Waukesha County. Trails are in OK shape these are some of the Good to great spots. Other spots that aren't so great are chisel plowed fields and some corners. Overall though very rideable for SE WI. Trails are bumpy now after the weekend traffic. The snow tonight should greatly improve them. Hopefully the groomers can get out afterwards as well and smooth them out a bit. Will report back as I get out again after the snow. Enjoy!

RS

ridindirty800

A few things to watch for if you are riding in Walworth County
1- There is a gas pipeline going in that crosses the trail section a few places in the Elkhorn. One trail has been closed (dead end trail that goes to Kwik Trip and Hotel in Elkhorn) Also Pipeline work on trail on Cobb Rd in Elkhorn. Just be on the lookout as everyday it seems they are opening up new work areas throughout the county.

2- There is logging going on between Hwy 67 and Bluff Rd in Little Prairie. They had scraped a small section of trail to the ground last week as they were running equipment on the trial.

Good news looks like 3-6" tonight and then possible storm this weekend and next week looks like more snow possibly as well. Could be a nice little run for southern Wi.