SE WI - Walworth - Waukesha - Racine - Kenosha - Jefferson Counties

ryanslyne

We got about 6" overnight at my house in East Troy and still snowing hard! There is a lot of drifting going on but trails should be in great shape! I know we had at least 1 groomer out last night in the southern portion of walworth county and more will be out to smooth things out. Should be a great next few days of riding in Southern WI. I will report back tomorrow when I get out. Enjoy it while it lasts!

RS

PolarisPete08

Where’s the best spot I can unload my sled and park for the day near Walworth/LG area? Just looking to ride the area for the day tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
-Pete

ryanslyne

Where’s the best spot I can unload my sled and park for the day near Walworth/LG area? Just looking to ride the area for the day tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
-Pete

There is a large state parking lot on the white river state trail where it crosses County NN just north of Lake Geneva. That would be a good spot to drop for the day. I am not sure if they plow it or not in the winter time. I would imagine so.

RS

ryanslyne

Morning report, plenty of snow just need to give it time for our volunteer groomers to get out. Northern half walworth county bumpy but plenty of snow. I ride from East Troy in Walworth county to Eagle in Waukesha county to work and no signs of groomer yet but plenty of snow on the trails. I heard groomer was out yesterday in Walworth county Elkhorn to Whitewater. I also believe they were out in southern portion of county. I would imagine by weekend we will have close to everything groomed at least once. Should be a good weekend of riding around here. I'm headed north tomorrow so no more reports until I get back on Sunday. Sounds like more snow for us Saturday into Sunday. Likely will ride to work Monday next week so will report back then when I am out again. Enjoy!

RS

pmp

Rode from Caledonia,WI to Burlington.WI. Our group put on over 60 miles. The road route west of Burlington to Honey lake was plowed to the ground by early afternoon and we started back to Caledonia. We passed 2 groomers but the snow was not setting up. Their is plenty of snow for the groomers to work with. Some farm fields were blown clear and the tree lines were drifted. For Racine County it was some of the best riding in a long time.

PMP

snowdance

**heads up - dangerous dip**

From Lyons Sno-Bums Facebook page:

North Potter Road on the North Side by Hargraves Rd. near Paradise Valley - There is a a dangerous dip in the trail. They are working on getting someone out there to take care of it.

snobuilder

From Lyons Sno-Bums Facebook page:

North Potter Road on the North Side by Hargraves Rd. near Paradise Valley - There is a a dangerous dip in the trail. They are working on getting someone out there to take care of it.

If you mean when you go up the hill right off of Potter to the north....yes....its been there forever.

lol

ridindirty800

Hopefully no one on here and not to serious ��

View attachment 62574

If that is the section from County Rd A to Lost Nation that is a very tight and tree lined curvy trail. Hope it is nothing to serious. I have never seen the trails so busy during the middle of the week here in Walworth County. Good to see for all the local businesses. Ride safe everyone, trails look great and 5-9" forecasted for Saturday night/ Sunday.

snobuilder

There is also a dip in the trail as you go east from the 3 way intersection on corr. 40 near Hargraves and Potter rd.
That one will get you as well if you're not familiar. .....the trail opens up to a field beyond a tree line where many will be compelled to pin it.

Take it easy in the flat light when in new territory.

pclark

This was the trail out of Wales ,WI on the Drumlin Friday at 4pm. It hasn't looked this good for a few years. Whatever snow we get tonight and Sunday will be bonus and set up nice for next week.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2082.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_208a.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2085.jpg

jdmcb

Burlington Sno-Snooper trails were all groomed Friday night. Wind lake, Tichigan, Union Grove trails were all in Good condition as of Thursday.

ridindirty800

Elkhorn area received about 7-8" of snow Saturday night/Sunday with lots of drifting. Trails will be great once groomers get a chance to get through system. Very busy week/weekend with sled traffic and that was great to see. Been a few years since we had a run like this, and Thursday looks like it could add a few more inches of snow followed by sub zero temps.

ryanslyne

Elkhorn area received about 7-8" of snow Saturday night/Sunday with lots of drifting. Trails will be great once groomers get a chance to get through system. Very busy week/weekend with sled traffic and that was great to see. Been a few years since we had a run like this, and Thursday looks like it could add a few more inches of snow followed by sub zero temps.

Starting to look real nice around here that 8" over the weekend really made things deep around here. Let's hope we can keep it around for the whole month of February. I doubt it but sure would be nice! HAHA

RS

legend02

Rode from Genoa city past Zenda 1/2 way to Fontana, then back to twin lakes and just the area in between . Lots of Snow , not to bumpy.

Buddies both got pulled over by DNR,

New sled but he had all his paperwork

Other guy no Trail pass but had paperwork also

whitedust

Rode Racine and Walworth county trails today and a lot more snow in Racine county. Fields have lots of snow hardwood stand trails are blown out to dirt in corners but I’ll take it with the powder in the farm fields. I also rode the Tichigan marsh trails and a few wet spots but I suspect that is normal. All in all a good time although I was a bit nervous first time alone on these trails. Anybody need a riding buddy I’m available anytime.

jasonk3aa

Rode Racine and Walworth county trails today and a lot more snow in Racine county. Fields have lots of snow hardwood stand trails are blown out to dirt in corners but I’ll take it with the powder in the farm fields. I also rode the Tichigan marsh trails and a few wet spots but I suspect that is normal. All in all a good time although I was a bit nervous first time alone on these trails. Anybody need a riding buddy I’m available anytime.

You should join our snowmobile club, Tichigan Sno-n-Go. We are holding an ice fishing jamboree this Saturday on the lake and then following at Bobberz on Fox Lake Road in Tichigan. Or next meeting is at the Tichigan Lions Club on HWY 164 next week Wednesday, Jan 10th. Even if you dont want to join, feel free to stop at either and we can fill you in on all the area info and surely find you some riding buddies.

The marsh trail, yes its a bit wet due to the 10k lbs groomer driving through many times in the past two days but that will go away with the next few cold nights.