Season miles?

ridindirty800

2 trips north, and some local Dec Riding at home brings the season total to about 700. Mercer Wi, first week of Feb and trails were great and last week in Twin Lakes Mi trails were great. It was once about setting a miles record for the year, now its about the smiles, not the miles!

geez guys..300? really or even none? why even log in? at $2 mile..i ate the **** buying another 800 in the middle of pissed off..1700 miles alone on that one saved me $3400 depreciation on the other 800 fire engine..which already logged cupl thou...

and im not a high mile rider

What ???

durphee

I actually expect less miles for next year, planning on doing more loggin roads, off trail riding compared to my usual trail riding...which I still really enjoy. I almost hate to think about the miles logged in the truck compared to sleddin miles...going to be around 4000 truck miles for 1500 sleddin miles.

Hoosier

350 on the rmk and 250 on my mom's xc 600. Worst winter in the UP since I've been going up there... There was maybe 3 good weekends of Valley riding in the woods... Only made it out west once and that trip got cut rather short.

House get in the way? You were always the head up every weekend guy...

indy_500

House get in the way? You were always the head up every weekend guy...

Nope, just no good snow. The snowpack was concrete 75% of the weekends since middle of december. Im not the kind of guy that only rides in champagne powder, but there's no sense in hauling a sled 4 hrs if all rideable snow is rock hard. Plenty of snow on the trails all winter but I can't ride a mountain sled in the trees on ice. My 2nd trip out west fell apart after my buddy tore the ligament between his collar bone and shoulder riding 2 weeks before we planned to leave.

stitcher

700-800 for me between two sleds. But to me - it's the fun. A co-worker of my wife's let us use her cabin in northern WI for the month of February in an area I had not gone to before. Met many new people & had a blast. I consider the season a success (and I have the same cabin again next February). Can't wait.

Hoosier

Nope, just no good snow. The snowpack was concrete 75% of the weekends since middle of december. Im not the kind of guy that only rides in champagne powder, but there's no sense in hauling a sled 4 hrs if all rideable snow is rock hard. Plenty of snow on the trails all winter but I can't ride a mountain sled in the trees on ice. My 2nd trip out west fell apart after my buddy tore the ligament between his collar bone and shoulder riding 2 weeks before we planned to leave.

Yeah, I bet the thaws and refreezing took a toll on the powder up there.

zltim

200-250 over 3 1/2 days and I live where it should snow a lot. Stinks for sure. Didn't even burn a gallon of Sea and Snow. I still have 7 gallons with that label on them.

POLARISDAN

I put on over 5000 truck miles with my rmk in tow to log on 350 sled miles. Like I said worst winter in the Midwest I've ever recalled. We have had some where at home it was poor but there was snow up north. This year, every time Valley riding got good it fricken rained and froze like cement. Actually 1 of my best weekends this year was riding with the breeze all weekend IN THE RAIN. Has there been rideable snow up there the past month? Yeah sort of but nothing I would take my rmk up there to go ride towards the end of the season when we should have stellar riding.

yea but u back country guys its not about the miles..its the hours..so i guess i was meaning the trail guys..but to get zero that gotta suck

- - - Updated - - -

which part?

lak7

50 mile warm-up - way back in December. At that time, we were thinking is was going to be a banner year!
Oh well.

Polaris Chad

What a crappy winter! Had to chase snow all year. Lucky I just bought a new sierra denali hd duramax october first, put a truckboss sled deck on it and was game on. Chased snow on the north shore and in the Kewenaw at least one day every week from Mid December to March 10th. Racked up 19000 miles on truck and 3600 miles on Polaris pro x 800. My goal was 4000 miles and I dont think mother nature is going to work with me. Next year will be better, cant be any worse... three years in a row with no rideable snow around the twin cities???? What are the odds of 4 years, cant happen. Just cant. Hope everyone has a better year next year.

harvest1121

3200 was done Feb 15 should of been a 5000 mile season if the snow did not end or the conditions not being what I wanted.

snobuilder

Ratio varies, but my miles plus posts on here are the same every year....you "haters" need to pray for snow...LOL

POLARISDAN

What a crappy winter! Had to chase snow all year. Lucky I just bought a new sierra denali hd duramax october first, put a truckboss sled deck on it and was game on. Chased snow on the north shore and in the Kewenaw at least one day every week from Mid December to March 10th. Racked up 19000 miles on truck and 3600 miles on Polaris pro x 800. My goal was 4000 miles and I dont think mother nature is going to work with me. Next year will be better, cant be any worse... three years in a row with no rideable snow around the twin cities???? What are the odds of 4 years, cant happen. Just cant. Hope everyone has a better year next year.

i lost a bunch of phone numbers with new phone..backup wasnt turned on i guess..text me or pm me ur number

Hoosier

Ratio varies, but my miles plus posts on here are the same every year....you "haters" need to pray for snow...LOL

LOL. We all needed one more reason to pray for snow! At least we get to see the puppies and kittens.

At least you keep it interesting.