Seney Off-Trail - 3/12 to 3/14

polarisrider1

The F trail between Aubrey Falls and Chapleau is like that. all hills. I like to ride between the trail and hwy 129. Its conforting to know the hwy is right there if something goes wrong. If you drive up to Chapleau take Ranger lake road hwy 556. It shaves off alot of drive time. It starts in Heyden just north of the Soo. It would be sweet if that trail between 1/2 way and Chapleau gets openned again. I have rode it 2 yrs. ago not groomed barely a sign to be found, out in the most remote area I have ever been. 1/2 way Haven has come along ways since the first time I been through there. very nice owners.

getsome

<font color="ff0000"> Everyone straight with Sat. plan ?
Hope it works out , I want to see some backwoods riding. Maybe find a good ride area for weinee roast for quick lunch ???? </font>

cuzzinolaf

As long as Andy knows what is going on I am good. I'd love to do some backwoods cooking and test out my fire starting stuff. Brats?

fgsacts

I think we are all on the same page. Meet at getsome's place on Saturday. Around 9:00 am sound alright? We will just trailer up to his place and unload there. Seems easy enough to find. If not, I have the number to call. As far as lunch in the bush, I am up for anything but would prefer to travel light.

polarisrider1

cuzz, If you want to cook thats fine, Or we can get lunch at the Bear Trap in Van Meer, straight west of where were riding. They have a Wisconsin burger that is to die for. Sliced brat on a lg. hamburger bunn and fries. Or A Wis/MI burger, brat and hamburger sandwich! Its a real heart stopper!

polarisrider1

Weather report for Central northern UP says, Going to get hammered starting Tuesday very late and snowing hard for Wednesday. Sweet! If cuzz, Andy and clan are still planning both friday and saturday ridng we can fit it all in. I will have to get you guys up to the "Lake Superior Brewing Co." for pizza and brew at least one of the nights.

polarisrider1

cuzz, bring your fire starting stuff. We can cook brats. You guys still planning for friday too? We don't drink and ride either. But we do have a few after the sleds are put away. What is nice about Seney and Grand Marais is you can walk to your motel from the bar.

getsome

<font color="ff0000">Young bucks in my group are wanting to hit the Dunes Saloon Sat. night for sure, that or Andy's.
Going to talk with local buddy with a camp near the 888 and 8 intersection. Maybe have fire there. Even closer to the boondock action. Like doing the cookout deals.</font>

fgsacts

We are planning on cooking dinners at the house in Seney. You guys are invited. Not opposed to going out for a few, and/or dinner, either after the ride. We will be up there on Thursday so just let us know if you guys want to ride Friday also. We can trailer to meet up if we are far apart. You have my number, let us know what your plans are.

cuzzinolaf

105989.jpg

getsome

Getting my day trip, pictured in my mind.
Lots to explore, usually lose track of someone.
Drivers meeting sat. morning, ha ha
Get the real condition of snow before Thurs.
Dad drives plow truck for county....

polarisrider1

Cuzz, hope not, lets' just call it 3'plus of base to rest the oncomming powder on. We should be fine. Friday we can wing it. It all depends on what mother-nature gives us to work with. I got a few things planned. How do you like water crossings? lol. Saturday is getsomes day and sounds like he is planning a wonderfully treacherous day for us!! Sweet.

cuzzinolaf

No water crossings for my sled. I have vents on the sides and get snow in there. I WILL NOT cross water unless I have no other choice. I am all about doing the crazy stuff and love to climb. I can't wait.

fgsacts

Cuzz, give me a break. I have seen you cross water before. You just jump it! Wayne, just lead and I guarantee you Cuzz will follow. He's not fooling anyone. He is harder on his sled than almost all of us. Speaking of water, ask him about our river adventure.

cuzzinolaf

Andy - I have never taken my sled out on open water and don't think I ever will. I jumped those huge snow mounds on the Baltimore River because I was scared to death to go slow LOL. I'll follow Wayne but not to open water. Any hill, any terrain, etc... but NO water. I think Jay is as hard on his sled too and will go most places I will. I don't care about brush since I took the stickers off LOL... but I didn't break anything this year except for that diamond drive that wasn't my fault. OK, well, I ripped off one of those extra hood straps from the side on the last trip but I picked a line up this hill that was covered in trees LOL.

getsome

<font color="ff0000">getting excited to get out in the bush. this rain crap is real annoying. Better make the changeover tonight. I think we have a camp area to have lunch. I am leaning toward brats on the muffpot. Fire great also. Try to "getsome" ketchup/mustard packs from the vendor. You guys sound like old ride buddies already, sound like my kind of group. Although, I like my watercrossing. Done the Lake Superior bay in Grand Marais on July 4th before, what a rush.
My group of FLIT's are loaded and pointed north.</font>