Seney Off-Trail - 3/12 to 3/14

polarisrider1

Cuzz, don't worry! I am referring to some creek crossings and low wet areas that some times break open after the first across. nothing more than waist deep! lol. (that's if your standing on the seat). lol If it makes you feel better look at my profile pic. The red and black RMK. It has plenty of shock tower vents and sinks like a rock. I just send Doug and Mikey out on the ice and have them kick the ice with their heels while we watch from high ground. I was just seeing if you was paying attention. An old trapper in Canada showed me how to build ice bridges. I always want to use my shovel.

cuzzinolaf

OK, you build an ice bridge for me and I'll cross it. Deal? If it is short stretch I don't care. I just don't want anything big. If you do find bigger stuff make sure you have some Pampers and a tissue for me.

fgsacts

I interpreted "water crossings" as creeks, not skipping open water for yards at a time. I know you have crossed many creeks. I have no problem with creeks but am not keen on open water either to clarify. Any good powerline has at least one creek to cross, lol. Tampons float also (I think).

getsome

Blowing and little snow currently at Adams Trail
Temp dropped 10F since the morning. Tonight good chance for L.E.S. Good Luck travel safe tomorrow, guys.

polarisrider1

Here comes the Reaper. "Not looking so good guys". The blizzard fizzled out. Not sure what to do. Let's not fall apart. Cuzz can still catch the train to Togwotee. I have from Thursday night to the following wednesday night clear. Wawa has snow 4 cases of beer deep? With more on the way. 437 miles from home or 375 to Seney. whats your thoughts. check out www.nlmotel.com I know my way around there VERY well. Lots of off trail.

fgsacts

I'm still in for Seney. Have reservations that can not be cancelled this late and no time to go further to Canada unfortunately. Hero snow here we come. I am going to make the best of it. This time of year you always take a chance.

cuzzinolaf

We're out on the Seney trip because of conditions. We'll all have to get together to ride next season. Sorry for the late notice.

sabercat

sad.gif

getsome

<font color="ff0000">who's still in for Seney? we'll be there regardless. Call me if want , or show up Sat.

I'm heading back to Chapleau for Easter. Have fun in Wawa Wayne. Wanna chat with you more about Ontario, sometime. was stoked to find some longtrackers to chat with. </font>

fgsacts

Sorry we're bailing on Seney guys. Just from exchanging e-mail and posts with you guys I could tell we were going to have a good crew. Let's get together next year for sure. This is my last trip for the season so we are trying to make it count. Judgement call. Andy

cuzzinolaf

Yea, I was definitely looking forward to meeting and riding with you cats. We'll have to definitely do it next year. I still (itsy bitsey tiney wennie chance) might come back up this year if there is an epic storm. If not I'll be heading to the Snowies in April.

getsome

<font color="ff0000">Keep me posted guys. On your adventures. I have the prime location there for Seney. I love to go out west also, I'm interested in info for Snowies area. looking for new spots. And I have pretty good hook up for Ontario trips. I am not done ridin yet either.</font>

cuzzinolaf

Wanna get in on the trip to the Snowies? It would be somewhere between the 4th and 11th of April. Email me if you're interested.

M4me

<font color="119911">cuzz,
Got the beacon and probe boxed and ready to go. Do you want me to throw my beacon in for your April trip? Your welcome to it.
You may want to talk to nitroman if your looking for more riders in the Snowies. He sounded interested.</font>

polarisrider1

Hey guys. I am not sure what we are doing now. Plan B is Wawa. Even thought Snowies. Only problem sleds are 4 hrs. in the wrong direction to go get. We most certainly want to do a redo with you guys. Next season for sure. If we go North to get sleds we will continue north. So Wawa is the logical place for me to go. Have Fun! Wayne

polarisrider1

We are here in Wawa. It is snowing like crazy!! 4 foot of snow plus. The town is dead. Only 2 other sleds in the area besides us. Motel has high speed! bonus!!! Riding the badlands tomorrow!

polarisrider1

Sorry, It is in Ontario. About 3 hr. drive north of Soo Saint Marie. Google it. try www.nlmotel.com wawamotorlodge.com Snowing just stopped. Deep Pow folks!!! We are here all week. Two other sleds here that's it. We ride off trail and have thousands of acres of Queenland all to ourselves. I have rode here since 1999. It is closer for us to go to than to central UP. and always more snow. Duty free has Jameson irish wiskey on sale 2 for 1 price. Border crossing was a breeze. We said we are sledders the custom guy said, "Welcome to Canada, spend freely". went to the beer store first thing. lol