Ski-Doo fans lying-low

So yesterday I finally rode to my local skidoo dealer on my '11 600 switchback so I could take a ride on a

'14 renegade 900 ace, I was impressed! Granted not a top speed demon but wasn't expecting such.

Then last night I try to get on the skidoo website, I wasn't successful, so this morning I finally am able to get

on the site, may I say YUCK!!

So I come on here and nobody talking or bashing? WOW!!

Pit Grunt

For the best snow check price call Brian at ECKLUND and tell him Pit sent you. 920-233-3313. You can have the new color or black option. Pm me for details...

momoney2123

New RAS 2 front suspension, new DESS, Renegade XRS, Summit 174, were the highlights. That summit looked like it can go anywhere. Spring order you get 4 year warranty. Was hoping for 1000Etec but no go.

Some colors I dont like some I do. Now I gota decide MXZX or Renegade X 800 Etec..........

ridindirty800

The renegade XRS will be a hit I think. I am still going to stick with my 1200 X and see what they do in the next few years to the 4 stroke line. Kind of hard to fix a good thing, not much to bash about ski doo, every other brand is just revamping to try to compete with the best!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not in the market for a new one so I'm just watching from the sideline. The Summit is "crazy long" at 174, someone said you could put a Sleeper on the back if you wanted.

The Reversible Throttle Handle is a nice idea too, available on the Throttle by Wire models.

They tweeked the front suspension and added a bunch of colors. I noticed the color combination of the XRS is the same as the first year Rev's. Back to the Future I guess.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
As long is this is a Ski Doo thread I thought I'd mention Luxemburg, WI dealer Simonar Sports was named Ski doo Dealer of the Year during the 2015 Live Reveal.

25,000 sleds sold and celebrating 50 years in business this summer.

Congratulations Simonars!

Renegade's went to a 15' track like the 2010's. 16' only available on renegade backcountry's. Definetly will piss off some renegade owners. I wish they would really have came out with a fresh chassis for 2015, since I probably will buy in 2016. Don't want a first year. Cant blame them though, when you have a competitive sled and you sell the most sleds why would they fix something that not broke. It will be interesting how many of the super bright color sleds we see next year, not that you see many XRS's anyways

momoney2123

Renegade's went to a 15' track like the 2010's. 16' only available on renegade backcountry's. Definetly will piss off some renegade owners. I wish they would really have came out with a fresh chassis for 2015, since I probably will buy in 2016. Don't want a first year. Cant blame them though, when you have a competitive sled and you sell the most sleds why would they fix something that not broke. It will be interesting how many of the super bright color sleds we see next year, not that you see many XRS's anyways

http://www.snowgoer.com/snowmobile-news/2015-ski-doo-snowmobiles-feature-big-changes/0304/

This pretty much sums it up. Not sure we will ever see a completely new chassis. I mean how much better can this one get? With this new RAS 2 coupled with the R-motion, you will not find a better ride.

WisDoo

lying low?

More like working some over time and building our 2015 spring order, no time to talk about what we might buy!

Banks93

New RAS 2 front suspension, new DESS, Renegade XRS, Summit 174, were the highlights. That summit looked like it can go anywhere. Spring order you get 4 year warranty. Was hoping for 1000Etec but no go.

Some colors I dont like some I do. Now I gota decide MXZX or Renegade X 800 Etec..........

Renegade x 800 etec and don't look back. Great sled.

misty_pines

The colors are hideous, Ronald McDonald called, he wants his sled back lol

That is funny! Some of those color combinations are a bit strange to an "old" guy like me but it is interesting that my 21 year old nephew thinks they are fantastic. I did although notice some colors schemes looked really good to me like the black and orange colors on the Backcountry X. Also, many models available in black as well. Lots of choices. In the end, I will be sticking with my 2011 for awhile yet...

Also, they finally looked like the fixed the crappy DESS tether which I wish I could upgrade on my 2011...

momoney2123

I may have to get that Black and Red X MXZ color.

Yeah I am going with the Renegade X. Probably black and red, but i like the orange and black too. Wish I could see them up close before I bought.

Already cant wait to ride it!!!

I dont like the XRS's color either, but i like them more than i did yesterday. I think that color may grow on people. Not sure why they only offer XRS is one color. That sled is def for the younger generation and they probably like the color.

6mile

The colors are hideous, Ronald McDonald called, he wants his sled back lol

I agree, The new McDoo's have truly give Arctic Cat a run for the money in the pantone color pallet department. The real question will the new McDoo riders pull the full parking lot poser mentality once they get the matching ketchup and mustard outfits? :)

momoney2123

I agree, The new McDoo's have truly give Arctic Cat a run for the money in the pantone color pallet department. The real question will the new McDoo riders pull the full parking lot poser mentality once they get the matching ketchup and mustard outfits? :)

THere is one model that is red and yellow....The XRS. Relax guys. Other than the XRS's the lineup colors are sweet IMO. But I have a feeling once I see the XRS in person I'm going to like it.

- - - Updated - - -

PS that XRS is the probably the best all around sled money can buy.

momoney2123

Renegade x 800 etec and don't look back. Great sled.

Banks have you spent any time on a MXZ? If so, how was the corning differences in the twistys between that an the renegades? I havent been on a gade since 09.....so my memory my be decieving.

Banks have you spent any time on a MXZ? If so, how was the corning differences in the twistys between that an the renegades? I havent been on a gade since 09.....so my memory my be decieving.

I have a gadeX, Ill never go back to a short track. I don't even notice the longer track in the tight trails. The gains out weigh the negatives. My short track was a lot faster top end.

Yellow and black mxzx looks sweet, best looking sled of 2015

Last edited: