Ski-Doo fans lying-low

dekx

Go to one of the previews of them, not sure where you live but Nielsens has them at the Lake Geneva races in Wi

polarisrider1

I agree, The new McDoo's have truly give Arctic Cat a run for the money in the pantone color pallet department. The real question will the new McDoo riders pull the full parking lot poser mentality once they get the matching ketchup and mustard outfits? :)
To funny.
I think the Manufacturers forget sometimes that, "who can really afford their product". It is not the kid right out of High school. Sure they may influence "Dad" to buy a sled for them, but not to often in the $10,000 to $12,000 range. I feel Poo keeps its colors more in tune to their customer base with Red, Black, white, blue as the primary colors. Us "old guys" can and will buy those colors.
Not so sure lime green, bright yellows bright orange colors really are hitting the" can afford" crowd as largely. of coarse there are variables. but Marketing color to the customers it fits helps in sales. How the customer can pay for or afford is another issue. Snowmobiling is expensive.

Last edited:

WisDoo

Poo riders wish there issues ended at colors! After towing one off the mt. In island park with only 200 miles only to find he needed a full short block yeah colors weren't the issue.
It's a fact: 60% poo riders wish they rode skidoo ALL THE TIME

polarisrider1

Poo riders wish there issues ended at colors! After towing one off the mt. In island park with only 200 miles only to find he needed a full short block yeah colors weren't the issue.

Really? I towed a doo smurfmobile many times off the mtn. for many issues. 800R hold together?!? LOL. not. Now it is tearing the secondary mounts off the tunnel and Doo has a kit for just that, who'd a thunk that? the primary clutch implosions and the belt eating abilities are remarkable. DPM corrosion issues, my list goes on. Etecs pilling up 3 to1 over Poo 800's right now per my dealers info (not mine). I guess I am not in that 60% number you pulled from where?? I did enjoy my 06 600 Renegade but it liked belts and I had to carry a pocket full of those shinny little solenoid thingies it liked so much. At least it was in flat black not Ronald McDonald colors.

- - - Updated - - -

everything around here turns into a bash fest. getting so old.

olsmann

This is in no way shape or form a fact. And one of the most ridiculous made up statistics I've ever heard.

revhead2

Go to one of the previews of them, not sure where you live but Nielsens has them at the Lake Geneva races in Wi

Ski Doo will not be at Grand Geneva Nielson Enterprises Grand Finale Sno Cross Event. ??????? Click on "Grand Geneva" on the schedule here------------------http://snowsneakpeek.com/

srt20

That 174 with 7 tooth drivers and steep attack angle looks like a trench master to me.
Look at the angle of the 174 then compare it to the 163. And the 163 XM doesn't exactly get up on the snow as easy as the poo or cat to begin with.

russholio

Etecs pilling up 3 to1 over Poo 800's right now per my dealers info (not mine).

Not going to join the bashfest and not going to whine about my brand being bashed (cuz honestly, I don't really care -- I woke up on the right side of the grave today and that's all that matters), but I will say this could be misleading. Sure, there may be more Etecs coming in but isn't it possible that could be expected, considering Doo is the overall sales leader? Might not be the most popular brand here on JD, but I think it's fair to say that's a relatively small sample. Not saying Etecs don't have their issues but there are more variables to consider.

everything around here turns into a bash fest. getting so old.

Agreed, that's a fact.

snobuilder

Sorry, but I didn't study the Doo 15 line-up, did they discontinue the ACE 600?....I rode a ACE 900 in sport mode and can't imagine why anyone would want a slower machine than that one must be in the mid or economy mode. The fuel economy of the 900 is said to be in the 20's as well so to me the 600 seems unnecessary.

ezra

Then last night I try to get on the skidoo website, I wasn't successful, so this morning I finally am able to get

on the site, may I say YUCK!!

So I come on here and nobody talking or bashing? WOW!!

The colors are hideous, Ronald McDonald called, he wants his sled back lol

marketing is not for old guys any more the want to get the young blood on there sled for the long outlook

WORD I think they are absolutely positively eyesores! 174? Cmon 155 makes it easy enough

his age is who they are trying to get and for the most part it works for them walk through a tween store lately or look at the kids shoes .
they know doo guys will buy there sled any color it is. kids are and always have been style above all else

and 174 3 in is what they (the deep hill and chute climbers) have been screaming for in the pacific north west. I think it is sweet there will be a lot of turbos slapped on 174 doos this fall

ezra

To funny.
I think the Manufacturers forget sometimes that, "who can really afford their product". It is not the kid right out of High school. Sure they may influence "Dad" to buy a sled for them, but not to often in the $10,000 to $12,000 range. I feel Poo keeps its colors more in tune to their customer base with Red, Black, white, blue as the primary colors. Us "old guys" can and will buy those colors.
Not so sure lime green, bright yellows bright orange colors really are hitting the" can afford" crowd as largely. of coarse there are variables. but Marketing color to the customers it fits helps in sales. How the customer can pay for or afford is another issue. Snowmobiling is expensive.

come on kids now days have no issue financing toys they cant afford.
u see it every day 20 yr olds in new diesels driving brand new super bikes driving fountains on and on credit for toys is ez if willing to pay the high %. and most young boys are dumb enough to do it it is ez when your out look on life is usually no more than a month or 2 at most

WisDoo

Yeah,

I am not a crazy brand loyal guy either just mixing it up. Truth be told the ski doo 800 smurf mobile has been pulled out of the woods at least 5 times. I remember the first year my buddy got that sled it went through 2 motors along with a list of other items. The first year it actually was towed out of the woods more than it drove. I just think its funny the hate for the new colors. I did ride a pro and can say that I like my doo better. However it was mainly a comfort thing and with some seat time I may like it as much as my doo. I would say though "knock knock" my doo's have been good for me.