Skisaver Flex Snowmobile Ski Wheels From Sweden

dfattack

There is also Sure Grip Dollies, they work excellent I have a set, they are well made & are under a hundo, PLUS, they are made in the Good Ole USA! Minnesota!....:loyal:-Mezz........... Check them out here: http://www.suregripdollies.com/product

I have numerous sets of those and agree they work good. The idea of the built in wheel is a nice feature, just not sure if I want to look at the wheel all the time. I think I could get over it. It would be interesting to at least try one set to see how it works

Sorry your thread got hi-jacked, OP.
If you could make and post up some videos of these in use - on/off, going up trailer ramp, etc - I think it would be beneficial to both yourself and prospective customers.
A lot of ski wheel options out there look great in pictures, but don't work for crap in real life. We have a set of those heavy-duty, Extreme Max steerable dollies, but they suck a big one, at least in our use.

No problem ICT Sledder. This is called a "Discussion Board" after all!

Here is a link to a video of the Skisaver Flex in use:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/R0M7gc8-r7w?rel=0&showinfo=0frameborder="0"allowfullscreen

Quali Pieces, a Canadian mfr. produces "Roller Ski". It is auto-retractable ski mounted wheel. Very nice product. Have seen many on Canadian snowmobile trips. They also produce what I think is the very best "cable type" ice scratchers available.

The Roller Skis would be nice when you have to drive half way across downtown to get gas, like in Ely MN.
The portable aspect of the Skisaver is nice because you can use one set for all of your sleds and your buddies' sleds when loading onto your trailer.

whitedust

I am interested in this product. Could you explain the "auto-retractable" part? How does that work? Also, where did you buy them? Thanks and nice looking Sled!

Yeah me too.. but you first...lol.. I almost bought a pair this year talked to Pat's about installing then couldn't get past having a set of wheels full time on my skis. If works for you I'll buy a pair too.

macker

There have been a few discussion threads on this site about new driveable ski wheels that were developed in Sweden. So after watching some Youtube and Facebook videos, I called the manufacturer and I am now the US distributor of the new Skisaver Flex snowmobile ski wheels. I have this product in stock in Minneapolis, available for immediate shipment to your local snowmobile dealer.

I welcome your recommendations of dealers you'd like to see stock this product!

www.SkisaverFlex.com
JGehring@growthpointmarketing.com

View attachment 58236

I purchased a set of these and couldn't be happier! As a mid 50 yr old, who has been moving sleds around since 1973, these are the easiest ski assist/dolly to attach by far. I run Simmons ski's on both of our sleds and they are very easy to adjust to fit, you only need one pair. It is truly remarkable how little effort it takes to get these under the ski, I was really impressed. They will last my lifetime, built that well.

I purchased a set of these and couldn't be happier! As a mid 50 yr old, who has been moving sleds around since 1973, these are the easiest ski assist/dolly to attach by far. I run Simmons ski's on both of our sleds and they are very easy to adjust to fit, you only need one pair. It is truly remarkable how little effort it takes to get these under the ski, I was really impressed. They will last my lifetime, built that well.

Thanks for sharing your experience Macker. The launch of the universal, adjustable model this year is a really nice benefit for snowmobile owners.

***Now also available from all Ski Doo dealers, Ski Doo part number 860201882.
We are building a U.S. dealer network, so check our dealer list here: www.SkisaverFlex.com.

duluthrider

Good to see getting these more available in the US, I looked into them back in December and were not easy to find here and opted for the Sure Grip's which do work well and a site sponsor on another site had a good sale on them.

Good luck in your venture!

sweeperguy

FB_IMG_1519780815716.jpg
These are a very similar design of ski dollies.
http://www.carbidesavers.com/
Found them on Angry Snowman Designs facebook page.
They have a very cool rack system for polaris ProXC suspension (the articulated suspension on ProS etc
) that mounts on the rear to the bumper frame mount.
I personally don't like polaris rack/bag system

Last edited:
These are a very similar design of ski dollies.
http://www.carbidesavers.com/
Found them on Angry Snowman Designs facebook page.
They have a very cool rack system for polaris ProXC suspension (the articulated suspension on ProS etc
) that mounts on the rear to the bumper frame mount.
I personally don't like polaris rack/bag system

The new Skisaver Flex is adjustable to fit any ski, and the hard wheels are proven over 3 years of worldwide use. The carbide saver company is being pursued for patent infringement. Support the sledders that bring new products to the market, not the knockoff artists!
I've requested advertising options from John Dee.

- - - Updated - - -

nice:frog: drinks on john at the next meeting ha lol

Ezra, I'll buy you a drink any time!

- - - Updated - - -

duluthrider Good luck in your venture![/QUOTE said:
Thanks Duluthrider! Just trying to support my snowmobile habit! I'm a snowmobiler and active member of the Maple Plain Snomads in the western suburbs of Minneapolis. I stock this product at my shop in the city of Long Lake MN.

patnpat

The videos I've seen that show how to attach the skisaver to a snowmobile ski appear to be using snowmobile skis that have a single carbide running down the middle. I have Yamahas that involve two carbides per ski which makes me wonder if the unit would work on this type of ski... The skisavers appear to be designed to only accommodate a single carbide type of ski. Has anybody addressed or encountered this issue?

patnpat

My concern is the width of the two carbides combined is 3 3/8 inches with 3.5 inches (allowing for an extra 1/8" of clearance to avoid an interference fit) for the apparatus to slide under the outside and inside edges of each ski. In order for easy attachment of the skisaver UNDERNEATH the ski to the point where the vertical support bar leading down to the ski from the frame of the sled (loadbearing point - I don't know the proper nomenclature), the skisaver appears to be designed with a gap of approximately 1 - 1.5 inches to allow for the carbide. In other words, the carbide itself is resting on the floor/ground and the gap I'm talking about allows the skisaver to straddle the carbide as it slides far enough back to get properly positioned to support the weight of the sled, basically centered directly below the vertical ski support. With a two-carbide setup like mine, the skisaver will not slide underneath given the fact that it does not appear to be at least 3.5 inches of gap.

patnpat, the new Skisaver Flex is adjustable up to 10.5" in width to fit any ski, so you can set it up to span your carbides.
I have dual 6" carbides on my skis, and the Skisaver Flex fits just fine. I used these ski wheels all last winter to load my sleds into the trailer.
I've attached pics of the the Skisaver Flex installed on my sled. The contact points in the back fit nicely between the carbides and the edge of the ski.

John Gehring U.S. Distributor, GrowthPoint Marketing/Skisaver Flex

carbide pic 2.jpg carbide pic.jpg

snobuilder

patnpat, the new Skisaver Flex is adjustable up to 10.5" in width to fit any ski, so you can set it up to span your carbides.
I have dual 6" carbides on my skis, and the Skisaver Flex fits just fine. I used these ski wheels all last winter to load my sleds into the trailer.
I've attached pics of the the Skisaver Flex installed on my sled. The contact points in the back fit nicely between the carbides and the edge of the ski.

John Gehring U.S. Distributor, GrowthPoint Marketing/Skisaver Flex

View attachment 59070 View attachment 59071
he's not refering to doolies , he is refering to tuner or any other ski where the bides bolt in towards the outside ski edges.

he's not refering to doolies , he is refering to tuner or any other ski where the bides bolt in towards the outside ski edges.

You can adjust the width of the Skisaver Flex to hit the right spot on the ski. You can also move the middle bolts on the side frame of the Skisaver to vary the length slightly and also balance and level the ski. With these skis, the outside carbide may rest on the Skisaver Flex frame instead of the ski itself resting on the frame.

tuner ski.jpg skisaver pic.jpg

snobuilder

You can adjust the width of the Skisaver Flex to hit the right spot on the ski. You can also move the middle bolts on the side frame of the Skisaver to vary the length slightly and also balance and level the ski. With these skis, the outside carbide may rest on the Skisaver Flex frame instead of the ski itself resting on the frame.

View attachment 59081 View attachment 59082
Thanks. That pic off the ski explains a lot.

ezra

hey john think you need to go to tri k to show them how they work lol they have them backwards on the rmk

longtrack

I think I would have the Wheels on the outside tore off the first day. I think the ones with the Wheel on the inside from Canada are worth looking at.