Snowmobile Insurance

dfattack

If you have an umbrella or if your homeowners kicks in at certain point you need to check for gaps in coverage. I'm not super educated with this but I made sure there weren't any gaps. Important to check this out.

pclark

$116.80 for full year coverage with American Family, we insure everything through them. Trailer included.

Have been with same agent for 36 years

bodily injury 150,000 per person/300,000 per occurence
property damage 100,000
medical payments 1,000 per person
Uninsured Motorist 150,000 per person/300,000 per occurence
Underinsured Motorist 150,000 per person/300,000 per occurence

snomoman

I have ALLSTATE. I have everything with them. 2 suvs', 2 trailers which are under car policy's. 2 place enclosed and double axle boat trailer. 2 older yamaha's. 1 boat. House with umbrella policy. My agent has been great and is also a boater and snowmobiler. I also worked for ALLSTATE for 47 years so I'm a little biased. You don't get any special deals because you worked for them. I believe they are pretty fair. Also have a College aged daughter on my policy. I'm a single Dad with 2 kids. My son will get his license in august. I am also on Drive Wise with the suv's. I believe sometimes agents can make a difference. Shop around. Good luck.
Here in the Chicagoland area, A lot of Allstate locations are closing, maybe Covid related

hybrid

american family
2015 Polaris 600 Indy Sp 60th Anniv Le
they base the rate on the fact that its only used for a couple months
used to have Allstate they did the same thing with the rate

hybrid

I canned Allstate after 46 years when my wife recently passed away and Allstate said they would be raising my rates for that reason. Thanks for your sympathy Allstate.

BTW, Drive Wise is the stupidest app I have ever experienced. Never again.
first off very sorry for your loss
i got rid of Allstate last year after 10 years
1st claim ever
i hit a deer 4700 damage from the body shop
there totally stupid claim process is a joke
you have to download a app
went through all that started the claim loaded pics
3 minutes later i get a notification the claim is closed
they closed the claim and paid me 609 bucks direct deposit
i was way beyond pissed
i fought with them and ended up getting 2200
told them they were going to loose me as a customer
they did not care
had to fix truck myself with junkyard parts
got lucky and found one that was the same color that was rear-ended
Allstate is Mayhem

Last edited:

pclark

1st claim ever
i was way beyond pissed
they did not care
Allstate is Mayhem
That is really horrible service from Allstate. I hit a deer this winter and submitted my claim via American Families website, posted the pictures, was contacted within one day, they have contracts with body shops all over and I was able to have it fixed in Minocqua, WI. All I paid was my $500 deductible and I was very satisfied with the whole process. Gerber Collision in Minocqua did very nice job and it was done in 8 days. I also submitted for 3 windshields last year and AMFAM uses Safelite Auto, covered under policy. These have been my only claims in my 36 years with them that were related to me personally. I do believe in Agent/customer relationships but then again my agent is the same age as I am.

chunk06

1st claim ever
i was way beyond pissed
they did not care
Allstate is Mayhem
State Farm wanted me to do the same, luckily The owner of the body shop told me to refuse. I called my agent and they backed off that request. The Body shop owner said that it has been nothing but a mess since insurance companies have started doing that (obviously). My truck had 3k in damage that 3 different shop estimators missed, doing a estimate with pics is a scam.

rph130

Thank all of you for the great information here. Now that the season is over, I guess I have a lot of homework to do. To address a few of your comments regarding my situation:
Mezz, all snowmobiles are kept/registered in Wisconsin. I have a 21 Renegade 600, wife and son have 17 MXZ 600s. Daughter has 16 Renegade 600, daughter-in-law has 19 Renegade 600, future son-in-law is on my 22 Backcountry 600, and I just spring ordered a 24 Grand Touring 900 for guests/spare. Gary, no trailer. Stored, ridden from garage. Snowden and Jakester, I agree about relationships with agent and that is a tough thing to have now with the automated/on-line, post Covid, nobody wants to work anymore era. SLEDTL, and Rupp Collector, great advice about the limits. I don't want to lose what I have with what medical costs are and how lawsuit happy America has become. Dfattack, based on your costs for 3 sleds, insuring 7 puts me around $2000. a year. Quick math for twenty outings a year puts me at about $100. every time they exit the garage. Ouch! Yes, I know snowmobiling is an expensive sport. Pclark, comparing apples to apples, I am using the same amounts/coverage you use in my research. Makes the best sense for me. Finally, DDHanna, I am sorry for your loss. No amount of money earned or saved can replace a lost loved one but that was a real dick move that the insurance company did to you. Thanks again for all of your advice and opinions.

dfattack

Thank all of you for the great information here. Now that the season is over, I guess I have a lot of homework to do. To address a few of your comments regarding my situation:
Mezz, all snowmobiles are kept/registered in Wisconsin. I have a 21 Renegade 600, wife and son have 17 MXZ 600s. Daughter has 16 Renegade 600, daughter-in-law has 19 Renegade 600, future son-in-law is on my 22 Backcountry 600, and I just spring ordered a 24 Grand Touring 900 for guests/spare. Gary, no trailer. Stored, ridden from garage. Snowden and Jakester, I agree about relationships with agent and that is a tough thing to have now with the automated/on-line, post Covid, nobody wants to work anymore era. SLEDTL, and Rupp Collector, great advice about the limits. I don't want to lose what I have with what medical costs are and how lawsuit happy America has become. Dfattack, based on your costs for 3 sleds, insuring 7 puts me around $2000. a year. Quick math for twenty outings a year puts me at about $100. every time they exit the garage. Ouch! Yes, I know snowmobiling is an expensive sport. Pclark, comparing apples to apples, I am using the same amounts/coverage you use in my research. Makes the best sense for me. Finally, DDHanna, I am sorry for your loss. No amount of money earned or saved can replace a lost loved one but that was a real dick move that the insurance company did to you. Thanks again for all of your advice and opinions.
make sure coverages are comparable/limits. I have high amounts for various reasons.

ddhanna , 1st let me say that I'm sorry for your loss. I worked for Allstate has a printing pressman. Allstate had a in-plant shop that many people didn't know about. I ran a 6color Heidelberg press. I had nothing to do about billing. I can say it was a good company to work for, considering I was going to work a year there and go to college and play baseball. Never happen! Anyway 47yrs later I was done. Sorry you had a bad experience with them. It was only a recommendation not trying to sell. I totally agree that the drive wise app. is a pain. Good luck, take care.

saber1

What ever u do i have learned its a good idea to get some comparison quotes every couple of years they all play games was with State farm for 20 yrs and decided to get another quote years ago and boy was i surprised i ended up saving $1200 a year on 3 cars 3 sleds and home .Went with Liberty Mutual for 10 yrs then got another quote 5 years ago from American Family and saved $600 so currently with them.

ddhanna

What ever u do i have learned its a good idea to get some comparison quotes every couple of years they all play games was with State farm for 20 yrs and decided to get another quote years ago and boy was i surprised i ended up saving $1200 a year on 3 cars 3 sleds and home .Went with Liberty Mutual for 10 yrs then got another quote 5 years ago from American Family and saved $600 so currently with them.
Pretty soon their gonna be payin you.

indy_500

This time last year I switched my home and auto from progressive, to openly for my house and integrity for auto thru a local agent that I went to high school with. This was due to a hail damage roof claim with progressive (nightmare to work with), and them jacking my rates. I saved over $500 yr with the switch. Since the switch, I had yet again ANOTHER hail claim with the new insurance company and my home insurance went up about $100, but I can’t complain, the new company, openly, was SUPER easy to work with on the claim unlike Progressive. Got new oversized gutters out of the deal as well, and they even paid for a new Rubbermaid shed (which I patched mine up instead). I live north west of Appleton, in the highest elevation area in my town, and we are a hot spot for hail. In the last 20 years there have been 4 major hail storms that took out the roofs in the area. Many in my neighborhood are finding it hard to get companies to even cover them with my areas track record. I truly believe lake Winnebago plays a major role in the weather around here.

hybrid

This time last year I switched my home and auto from progressive, to openly for my house and integrity for auto thru a local agent that I went to high school with. This was due to a hail damage roof claim with progressive (nightmare to work with), and them jacking my rates. I saved over $500 yr with the switch. Since the switch, I had yet again ANOTHER hail claim with the new insurance company and my home insurance went up about $100, but I can’t complain, the new company, openly, was SUPER easy to work with on the claim unlike Progressive. Got new oversized gutters out of the deal as well, and they even paid for a new Rubbermaid shed (which I patched mine up instead). I live north west of Appleton, in the highest elevation area in my town, and we are a hot spot for hail. In the last 20 years there have been 4 major hail storms that took out the roofs in the area. Many in my neighborhood are finding it hard to get companies to even cover them with my areas track record. I truly believe lake Winnebago plays a major role in the weather around here.
i also had progressive back in the day
they used to be great 30 years ago
now there one of the worst if not the worst ins company out there
when it comes time to pay on a claim your gonna get f___ed by Flo

rph130

Thanks for the morning laugh Gary! Every time I sign I wonder if he is still there. I almost think I will miss him when John and his tech guys finally give him the boot.

winterwarlock

I have my new 2023 19’ Formula Trail Pro DLX inline enclosed snowmobile trailer and 2022 Ski Doo Mach Z combined on one policy through State Farm. Full coverage on both and pay about $50 per month.

600_RMK_144

Wait juuuuuuust a minute.... We are supposed to insure these things? That is insane! I spent all my money on the sled. None left for practical things such as this so called "INSURANCE" or the supposed "AVI GEAR" everyone talks about!!!!!!!

I'm just going to ride really, really carefully. (actually saw a young kid on a FB post say that once!).

hybrid

update today from my american family agent
phone call at work today
tells me all american family premiums are going up on average 30%
iv had 1 claim in 30 plus years hit a deer in 2021 with Allstate
Allstate sucks the big one when it comes time to pay
amfam now
they say it is because the cost of buying things like car parts and other stuff needed to pay claims has gone up along with the labor to make repairs
my stuff doesn't renew till june and in september
so wait and see for now
and going to be shopping for ins again for the 2nd time in 2 years

Last edited: