Snowy range in april

radrick

How would the riding conditions be in early april, I see moms is making a trip out then. Has anyone here been out there that late in the season. Wonder if there will be power or hard pack.

lookin4snow

April Riding

I rode out there last year the first week of April and we pushed 2 feet of powder for 3 days. A storm had just gone through and we barely made it there, but the snow was awesome. After that the season wound down pretty quickly. But, historically there has been decent riding into May. I may take a trip in April, but I will watch the weather and get there after or when anticipating snow.

snoluver1

Its hit or miss in April. There will be plenty of snow to ride on, but it may be set up like concrete or mashed potatos or all sugar snow. All depends on temps and wind conditions and amount of fresh snow. They do usually get some BIG spring storms though, so if you get lucky, conditions can be epic in April.

RevKev

First time I rode out West was several Years ago, we rode the Snowies, in Late April, snow was plentiful, but set up, aka Hero Snow, the Day AFTER we left, they Received 3 feet of Pow, so timing/Luck is everything. I will be joining the Mom's Gang for this trip as well. We are Heading to Togwotee/Lava Mtn this Next Friday the 5th.

Kevin

polarisrider1

I rode the last two years in April and it was well worth the trip.

Cuzz, You in? I talked to Rick Mom today. Still room for us to go. Round up the Slednutz gang and lets do it! Rick said he will set up a pickup point for you. Firecatguy, what you thinking? lets rally the troups! I will have 7 days to recover from Tog. that should be enough to head back out!

Firecatguy

Cuzz, You in? I talked to Rick Mom today. Still room for us to go. Round up the Slednutz gang and lets do it! Rick said he will set up a pickup point for you. Firecatguy, what you thinking? lets rally the troups! I will have 7 days to recover from Tog. that should be enough to head back out!

you going to Tog??When??

RevKev

Wayne, are you going to the Snowies with Rick Mom in April, if so I guess we will ride together this season, as I'm also doing this trip, assisting Rick in Driving duties.

polarisrider1

Wayne, are you going to the Snowies with Rick Mom in April, if so I guess we will ride together this season, as I'm also doing this trip, assisting Rick in Driving duties.

Rick called me today. He said he has room for me. He will even pick me up along US131 as in the past. I am highly considering it. looks like "me" so far in my little group of riders. It sure would be nice to ride with you again. We are running out of season fast enough as it is! Heck, ride sleds up to April 10th and my boat goes in the water on April 12th. that means I have to work on the 11th. lol.

Last edited:

fireman35

they will be ridin out there til the end of June,then its just mash potatoes, but who says that isnt fun? better than not ridin.

Firecatguy

March 20 to 27th. We have room for one more guy in the cabin if you don't mind the sleeper sofa. riding 5 days, then 1 day at Jackson hole for the hill climb. we are driving out.

heading out there week from sunday..was hoping we get a chance to ride but dates are off again...

lookin4snow

???

heading out there week from sunday..was hoping we get a chance to ride but dates are off again...

What's going on? Get that paw healed and hit the powder. Will start riding Tog Monday - calling Carter today. We may make a spur of the moment trip to the Snowies in April too, but that will be snow dependant. We'll chase the snow if it looks good.

Firecatguy

What's going on? Get that paw healed and hit the powder. Will start riding Tog Monday - calling Carter today. We may make a spur of the moment trip to the Snowies in April too, but that will be snow dependant. We'll chase the snow if it looks good.

yeppers!!whoohooo cant wait going to salvage some of this season!!!yep talked to the old boy the other night....dont be tracking all the snow up now!!LOL

yep same here for snowies we will be ready first or second week..

RevKev

Anyone with updates for Snowies?
According to a buddy of mine, that lives in Colorado, about an hour from the snowies, they received 18 inches this past Friday, as a matter of fact, while driving I-80 out to Togwotee, they had I-80 closed at Elk Mtn.

jpsted

Anyone with updates for Snowies?

Just got back from the Snowys last Thursday. Tons of snow...and they were to get more Thursday night into Friday. March is their snowiest month.

Pics from last week:

Attachments

• SDC11818.jpg
    SDC11818.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 96
  • SDC11840.jpg
    SDC11840.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 94