So.......I started a project, My new Garage!

Tim in Indiana

Good luck getting you rebates----I never get mine or I get the $2 ones but not the $150 ones. I took my receipts back and even had one that I sent registered and their reply, "We're not responsible because we have an outside rebate company." They said that there was nothing they could do. Well, they got almost $400 in may rebates in their pockets. Don't go there anymore. False advertising as far as I'm concerned.
I had the same exact problem. Got the low dollar ones but not the big money rebates. I get an email each day from the USPS (informed delivery I think) that shows a picture of all the first class mail coming that day. I would see the rebate card but the large ones wouldn't show up in my mail box.

I kept track of them, saved the images and the checked online at Menards and you could track when they were redeemed. I took the tracking info, the images and made a visit to the postmaster for our area. He of course said there was no way my mail person was stealing them but I have never had it happen again.

And we have a new mail person delivering now.

favoritos

Funny you guys mention those rebates. It seems like a money maker deal for John.
We have quit trying. We have filled out enough forms to be several thousand dollars and have received one for fifteen and change. Not sure why they don't come back. Most of our stuff has P.O. number attached. Have not seen any language that excludes those, but something sure doesn't work. It's not a mail delivery issue.

dfattack

baby sleds and now menards rebates. I see a new post on Paul's garage and think there's an update but no. Maybe start a menards rebate thread?? BTW, not wanting to be pissy but...

pclark

You can go on the website under rebates to see what your status is on when it’s processed and mailed out. I have spent a lot there this year and have received every one I submitted large or small.

snobuilder

HD is covering 11% of the Menards current 12%. A HD rebates are done online. No envelope or stamps and store credit comes via email. I put a tracking number on all of the receipts I submit online to the HD 11% match and follow up to see if they were processed. They will screw with you if anything is entered wrong.

rv245

HD is covering 11% of the Menards current 12%. A HD rebates are done online. No envelope or stamps and store credit comes via email. I put a tracking number on all of the receipts I submit online to the HD 11% match and follow up to see if they were processed. They will screw with you if anything is entered wrong.

One thing that I encountered with HD is say you buy something and use a gift card for all or part of the purchase. They will not approve the rebate on that purchase. IMO, it shouldn't matter how you pay for it, it should be for the purchase. Also you have to make the purchase in the store, example if you want a major appliance you have to go into the store to buy it/order it to receive gift card. If you do it online, forget it, your not getting it.

whitedust

One thing that I encountered with HD is say you buy something and use a gift card for all or part of the purchase. They will not approve the rebate on that purchase. IMO, it shouldn't matter how you pay for it, it should be for the purchase. Also you have to make the purchase in the store, example if you want a major appliance you have to go into the store to buy it/order it to receive gift card. If you do it online, forget it, your not getting it.
Menards does rebate online purchases. I bought an irrigation pump online submitted the online docs the rebate came in mail as usual. That was a big rebate so I made sure I got it.

pclark

Just received my 2nd gas bill for the garage, it was $11.64, I was kind of shocked but I have been turning heat down to 38 at night and around 50 during the day and I still have some insulation to get in place. My electric bill was the same as last year for both places so happy with that as well, probably shouldn't even say anything so they don't look me up and start raising my bill.

old abe

Perhaps your card giver has already claimed the rebate for the gift cards value imo?

pclark

It looks like I haven't posted anything on what has been happening inside the garage for quite awhile. You probably thought I was just sitting in my recliner watching TV! Well, I assure you, that has not been the case. Third week in December my wifes mother took a turn for the worse and I was called into duty to support her in grieving for her 93 year old mother, two trips to La Crosse and she passed pretty peacefully on December 23rd, not a great timing and my wife has taken it pretty hard. Her mom was a great woman, and a great mother-in-law! The funeral was 12/30 and all 9 kids, 20 grandchildren, a couple great grandkids, spouses, friends laid her to rest. It was sad but also a celebration of her 93 years. We limped home New Years Eve and I did not make it to Midnight and didn't really care, very exhausted as their was also a trip to Naperville, IL in between to visit Daughter and hubby for Christmas for 4 days. On that trip we also completed the nursery, (baby boy coming in April) new paint remodeled closet, wainscoting and chair rail and managed to get the crib, changing table, and rocking chair put together. On New Years day I started feeling run down, sore throat, full blown fever, headache by Tuesday, tested positive for COVID and on Sunday I am feeling much better, RX of Paxlovid from doctor seems to help.
Now onto the garage......The pics will show you what I have been working on, old cabinets actually came from my first house 34 years ago, they were kind of rough so I sanded them and will lightly stain when it gets warmer, starting to layout the tools and where they go as you can see. One corner has all the outdoor equipment and it's all hung now, I built myself a desk so I could do work as well, using a 32" screen as a monitor. Two other TV's complete the garage area, another 32" and a 55" for when we have a crowd to watch things. Pleased with the progress but still a lot of tools and stuff to transfer from my garage workshop to their new home. That will continue to happen during the winter. Enjoy and pray for snow!
1704667123547.png
1704667149140.png
1704667168213.png
1704667190945.png
1704667210950.png

goofy600

Paul very sorry for your loss, glad you are feeling better and can’t wait to have a beer in that garage.