So.......I started a project, My new Garage!

favoritos

Very nice, one suggestion.
Your chop saw table should be lower so the cutting height is the same as the work bench to support your piece as you cut.
I do that same trick. Life is so much easier.

@pclark , Since you are already doing wiring. Another tip is putting the saw on a switched outlet. I run a shop vac with dust cyclone on the other side of the outlet and hide the whole works under my bench.

pclark

@pclark , Since you are already doing wiring. Another tip is putting the saw on a switched outlet. I run a shop vac with dust cyclone on the other side of the outlet and hide the whole works under my bench.
Thanks for the tip!

lofsfire

I have an easier suggestion for you. I have what was a Craftsman Auto-Switch Outlet. You plug in you main tool and then had two assorcey outlets that the main tool controls. Like a light and a shop-vac.

Mine is old but I found this one on Amazon and other the the brand and color it it the same thing. Mine work great!

i-Socket Automated Vacuum Switch, Dust Control with Automatic Shutoff and Delay - Prevents Inrush Current from Circuit Overload

chunk06

I have an easier suggestion for you. I have what was a Craftsman Auto-Switch Outlet. You plug in you main tool and then had two assorcey outlets that the main tool controls. Like a light and a shop-vac.

Mine is old but I found this one on Amazon and other the the brand and color it it the same thing. Mine work great!

i-Socket Automated Vacuum Switch, Dust Control with Automatic Shutoff and Delay - Prevents Inrush Current from Circuit Overload
Menards has them in stock for a bit cheaper.

whitedust

I’m reading soft sales overall for this holiday season
Menards discontinued their traditional 11% discount in December and usually don’t bring it back until 3rd week of January. 12% for 12 days on everything indicates Xmas sales weren’t good

chunk06

Menards discontinued their traditional 11% discount in December and usually don’t bring it back until 3rd week of January. 12% for 12 days on everything indicates Xmas sales weren’t good
I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Home depot has been having some very good 24 hour flash sales that they don't advertise. Yesterdays had some killer deals, all tools that i have though so I could not participate lol. It's tough for people to spend money with the cost of everyday items. My family of 4 eating at a sub sandwich joint the other day was well over $50! We can afford it, but both my wife and I agreed we should not be eating out much anymore unless it's a nice meal.

pclark

Send me a picture

favoritos

I agree those are nice.
I only mentioned the switched outlet because he is currently wiring. Now is the easy time to put a switched outlet in place.
I generally put in switched outlets for power tools and dust collection combo systems. I usually hide the vac and dust collectors out of the way and leave the on onboard power switches in the on position.
I'm kinda dorky about my workshops. I like things simple to use and easy to clean up. The switch allows me to turn on the dust extraction without going to the device.

Hopefully the pic gives an idea of my miter setup with the switch location. The outlet is under the bench right above the vac.
20231212_192942.jpg
The dust cyclone is a great little helper. The hose currently attached is a 20' cleanup vacuum hose. The PVC connection lets me rotate the collector without moving the vac. It also pops off easy for dumping the pail. It is rare to ever touch the vac. I run the sawdust hose and saw power cord through the bench behind the saw. That hose end is the one sitting on the floor. It's easy to swap hoses on the cyclone.

My dust collector and table saw are also on a similar setup with switched outlets. I put that dust collector in a separate room but turn it on from wall by the work table.
Air compressors and other noisy tools are nice to get away from the work area.

dfattack

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Home depot has been having some very good 24 hour flash sales that they don't advertise. Yesterdays had some killer deals, all tools that i have though so I could not participate lol. It's tough for people to spend money with the cost of everyday items. My family of 4 eating at a sub sandwich joint the other day was well over $50! We can afford it, but both my wife and I agreed we should not be eating out much anymore unless it's a nice meal.
Supermarket costs are up too. Everything is expensive. Not sure you will save much eating at home either. At least that’s what we are seeing. Thank you Brandon and thank you China.

wiscrev

Supermarket costs are up too. Everything is expensive. Not sure you will save much eating at home either. At least that’s what we are seeing. Thank you Brandon and thank you China.
I had a Hamburger [kind of fancy] and an Old Fashion @ a Christmas luncheon and it was almost $40 with tip. Guess I wont be going out much.

Tuck

Menards says it is to celebrate their #12 car wining Nascar championship this year, according to my local rep from there

wiscrev

Menards says it is to celebrate their #12 car wining Nascar championship this year, according to my local rep from there
Good luck getting you rebates----I never get mine or I get the $2 ones but not the $150 ones. I took my receipts back and even had one that I sent registered and their reply, "We're not responsible because we have an outside rebate company." They said that there was nothing they could do. Well, they got almost $400 in may rebates in their pockets. Don't go there anymore. False advertising as far as I'm concerned.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good luck getting you rebates----I never get mine or I get the $2 ones but not the $150 ones.
John Menard's net worth currently is at $18.9 billion, ranking him as the 103rd richest person in the world according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

Well, I guess that explains the missing rebates, huh?