South of Jackson, WY

ezra

me and lost sheep(kip) will be in alpine with 3 other guys Jan 18 to 27th .
been a few yrs since ridden WY been doing CO for a few yrs now .
deff down to hook up during the week .pm me

fireworks

Happy New Year Ezra! Been a while since we chatted on JD. Are you planning on riding Idaho as well? I will be staying with my back home friends in Pinedale riding up Horse Creek. Only 11.5 miles by trail to Blind Bull versus Gray's River trail 29.

me and lost sheep(kip) will be in alpine with 3 other guys Jan 18 to 27th .
been a few yrs since ridden WY been doing CO for a few yrs now .
deff down to hook up during the week .pm me

pkairis

Hey Fireworks. Thanks for the info and pics. I think I’ve talked to you on here in years past. Is Tog the tourist trap you’re referring to? We’re heading out Fri. We have a group of 5 and self navigate the last few years. We stay in a cabin west of Tog, but ride that general area. How are snow conditions in general now...and do you recommend we look for a different riding area? Thx

fireworks

Snow levels in Tog have caught up to other riding areas west and south. In the last week they have had some decent snowfall to cover up the holiday week rush. Doesn't look like you have any snow in the forecast through Monday with highs just below freezing. If there were other areas with epic snow i would suggest them. But so far pretty lame year unless your out here right after a dump. Another fatality by Leidy lake. A lot of corn snow below.

Inozsurfing

I see you do it right!! You must have done some research into best long term stay options, was motel option better than doing cabin rental? Can you recommend area or places that is best suited for long term rental? Thanks!! J

fireworks

Been riding Wydaho since '98. IMO, best rental is the Virginian Lodge Motel in Jackson. The lodge has the popular local breakfast restaurant, bar. liquor store. laundromat and barber shop right on site. $800/month. No sales tax because you are signing a 30 day contract. Draw back is you have to rent for 4-5 months in order to get that rate. However, they do have great weekly rates. Rooms are dated but carpet new and rooms always clean. No musty smell.

Riding areas are all within an hour.