Start em young!

indy_500

I've been searching all winter for a deal on a polaris 120 for my girlfriends 6 year old son whom ive taken over the father figure role for, for the last year and a half. FINALLY one was listed on Facebook marketplace for $600 that didnt start. I messaged the guy 3 minutes after it was posted and drove through yesterdays snowstorm to get it. He told me i could have it for $500 if i came that day with cash, in which he regretted after he got a dozen more messages after me within the hour and a half it took me to get there. Got it home, bypassed the faulty throttle safety switch (which i had in my head would be the problem), and had it running within 5 minutes. The look on his face was priceless! And boy did he have a blast on it after school today. I couldnt get him off of it 2.5 hrs later! I think I'm just as excited, already ordered white C&A pro mini skis for it! And of course I cut the windshield shorter and painted it white already LOL

a>

a>

Last edited:

WorkHardPlayHrd

Same thing we did with all 5 of ours, now we're in the process of selling off the little ones to get bigger ones. Four of the five love doing radar runs and drag racing to. I'd rather have them riding sleds then playing video games any day! They currently are hoping to have school get cancelled again tomorrow so they can ride their sleds. I think they'll get their wish.

Two thumbs up to you Indy he will never forget you did this!

old abe

Absolutley Top Notch Indy! I admire you stepping up, and being responsible for this youngster! As in remembering how you have evolved in your life, you will do him nothing but right! Way to go!

Hoosier

That's awesome! And I'm sure your post is making everyone who's been on here a while feel old.

We had trouble with the family 120 over MLK weekend. It would start and run with the track in the air but would stall when they tried to run it. I figured it's a carb issue, as it doesn't get used too often.

fcat700

I remember years ago riding with my son sitting in front of me on that Couger 550, my helmet chin hitting the back of his helmet, good times. Well he's 25 now (and he rides his on sled lol) and we rode 450 miles this last weekend out of Land o Lakes sharing the awesome trails, beautiful snow hanging in the trees and even the 10 hours we spent in the truck. Sorry for getting sentimental Indy but obviously you care for this young man and there is no doubt when you look back, driving through snow storms just to put a smile on his face will be the things that money just can't buy.

Great job indy. I got my twins 120's when they were 4 years old (pink one and a green one) and they both have a blast riding them around the house. Can't wait until they are old enough to ride the trails with me! Start them young...

jd

Administrator
Staff member
That's AWESOME Indy!

Another rider is born!

-John

PS. That little guy is so fortunate to have you come into his life!