Start em young!

WorkHardPlayHrd

Wait till he starts trying to do the work on his own. My eleven year old pulled the throttle cable off one, and watched a YouTube video on how to clean a carburetor to get one going. Now I have one that runs and one in pieces.

D

Deleted member 10829

That's great Indy! Lucky young man for sure. I'm thinking the next major thread from you is that he will be calling you Dad soon. :) Waiting for the engagement thread! ;) Can you take the ATV's to dinner like you did the sleds? Not sure what your access is like on ATV's.

indy_500

That's great Indy! Lucky young man for sure. I'm thinking the next major thread from you is that he will be calling you Dad soon. :) Waiting for the engagement thread! ;) Can you take the ATV's to dinner like you did the sleds? Not sure what your access is like on ATV's.

No ATV trails around me, so the yard will have to suffice! He's already asking if he can invite friends in his class over, I'm sure to show off his 4 wheeler LOL

snomoman

Hey Indy,
it’s a great story you got going there, I’m sure your really proud of what you’ve done for the boy, I really feel like I need to find me a girlfriend with a six-year-old boy, all I have to do is convince my wife that it would be a good decision LOL

hermie

Very nice. Very clean looking sled. Definitely a good year to try and find sleds,with everyone panicking that winter's are now over because of one bad winter.

old abe

indy did you get rid of your Red GSX 900? If so what did you replace it with? Just curious, thanks!

indy_500

indy did you get rid of your Red GSX 900? If so what did you replace it with? Just curious, thanks!
Yes, off to insurance! Replaced it with this early last March and got 3 great trips in March with it to end the season. It’s a 19 MXZ TNT 600r. IMG_5221.jpeg

indy_500

Thanks indy, hope the insurance came out okay. o_O
Bought the GSX 900 ace for $8000 (at absolute peak prices 2 winters ago) put 2,000 miles on it, insurance paid out $7600 after the accident, and the 600r was $8200. All in all, obviously an unfortunate accident, but it was probably a blessing in disguise, as the value of the GSX is FAR from what I paid currently, and was able to get out of the sled for next to nothing.

The 2015 600 ACE I just bought was $3300 with 5900 miles. Absolute steal in my book.

Now if only I wouldn’t take such a bath when it comes time to upgrade my 23 850 LOL

Last edited:

mspease

Bought the GSX 900 ace for $8000 (at absolute peak prices 2 winters ago) put 2,000 miles on it, insurance paid out $7600 after the accident, and the 600r was $8200. All in all, obviously an unfortunate accident, but it was probably a blessing in disguise, as the value of the GSX is FAR from what I paid currently, and was able to get out of the sled for next to nothing.

The 2015 600 ACE I just bought was $3300 with 5900 miles. Absolute steal in my book.

Now if only I wouldn’t take such a bath when it comes time to upgrade my 23 850 LOL
That was a great deal on the 2015!! Many miles left in that sled.

Hoosier

That's great. I mentioned in another thread but I think I'm getting a 900 from a relative. It will be mainly for the kids with the eco mode but I could see myself taking it on a saddlebag trip on Ontario or Quebec too to keep the gas costs down.

Also, my cheapest sled to own was the one I "sold" to the insurance company!