Sticker shock

timo

Today went to my local swimming pool store to buy a 50 gallon pail of chlorine tablets I’ve been using for years. Normally it costs between $90-120 at high end but if u buy this early in the year it’s cheaper than middle of summer. That same pail today was $259.95! I was floored! I just stood there blinking in disbelief for a minute.
Needless to say I passed and will pray it comes down by summer.
And gas was 3.29 Monday 3.94 today

LoveMyDobe

Glad I have lake access............ but think of the waterparks public pools, bet they raise their rates.

billjd

Today went to my local swimming pool store to buy a 50 gallon pail of chlorine tablets I’ve been using for years. Normally it costs between $90-120 at high end but if u buy this early in the year it’s cheaper than middle of summer. That same pail today was $259.95! I was floored! I just stood there blinking in disbelief for a minute.
I paid 239 shipped to the house…thought I better order it before it’s in not available… 5.00 gas will be here soon.

goofy600

For me I know part of it is now living in the northwoods but was a store last Wednesday and a can of Progresso soup $4.09, it’s been 3-4 months sense I was in Kenosha Wi but at store down there it had always been 1.50 to 1.70 per can. I also believe maybe 3-6 months ago same can in northwoods was 3.25ish. So for me sticker shock and northwoods cost of living. How things start changing for the better soon.

old abe

"GOUGING", eh! Yesterday Pilot on the Big road, $4.49 E-10 gas, several blocks into town, Casey's E- 10 gas $4.07!

Last edited:

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
The local posting on Gas Buddy shows 3.59 but I just paid 3.79. It jumped 20 cents overnight! Food and everything else can't be far behind.

dfattack

Costs are going up for everything. It would be hard to accuse anyone of gouging right now. My costs are sky rocketing now and almost can’t raise prices fast enough. Everyone wants cheap…all the time but that’s getting harder and harder to make possible.

mrbb

everything is going up almost daily here, all last week fuel went up 10 cents a day , then on Wed it jumped up 35 cents over night
My friends that are plumbers told me, they can order parts today and tomorrow things will be all new prices, making it almost impossible to give estimates on repairs unless someone commits right then and there and they can call in and work up a TODAY price check on parts

all these fuel increases will soon start effecting everything else as shipping costs are going to way up

I priced tires last week, each tire is now over 400 bucks, up from the 200 dollar price they were a few months ago!

replaced fuel filter on truck few weeks back, was 29 bucks last 5 yrs, and now $ 129.99 for the one and $149 for the other
its getting crazy and will get worse before it gets better

the folks running this country have NO clue how much anything costs, they live in a world where there income levels are so high, it doesn;t really effect them, and there making all the rules for those it does effect!
I have friends right now on fixed income, sitting at home dressed in bundles winter clothing as they cannot afford to turn the heat on,
its a crime to me what there having to endure right now, its not like they can go back to work there in there late 80's with lots of health issue's!

indy_500

The other day, my fiancé had a woman come into her work (medical office) and was bragging that, because of the new president, she no longer has to pay a $25 copay for the visit and that it’s so great! This medical office visit ended up costing her well over $100 on her deductible plan… These are the types of people we let have voting rights! Unreal! Driving past gas stations, and walking into stores and seeing the prices, makes my blood boil so much I almost don’t want to leave the house anymore. You can sit and argue until your blue in the face about electric cars, but at the end of the day, the vehicles that deliver all of our food and necessities, run on diesel fuel! Which is nearing $5/gal in most places! What do you think that will do to the prices of these products? Fact of the matter is, POLICIES AFFECT GAS PRICES!

Last edited:

dfattack

We have to be careful about getting upset at businesses too. My wife came home from the grocery store and was talking About how much everything costs. They have to raise their prices because the cost of the product is going up too. They don’t have a choice and I’m in the same situation in my business. We can’t keep charging the old prices if the cost of the goods coming in the back door keep going up. How fast the costs are going up is scary and really troubling.

Indy, any idea what policy Brandon put in place to save her $25?

old abe

The other day, my fiancé had a woman come into her work (medical office) and was bragging that, because of the new president, she no longer has to pay a $25 copay for the visit and that it’s so great! This medical office visit ended up costing her well over $100 on her deductible plan… These are the types of people we let have voting rights! Unreal! Driving past gas stations, and walking into stores and seeing the prices, makes my blood boil so much I almost don’t want to leave the house anymore. You can sit and argue until your blue in the face about electric cars, but at the end of the day, the vehicles that deliver all of our food and necessities, run on diesel fuel! Which is nearing $5/gal in most places! What do you think that will do to the prices of these products? Fact of the matter is, POLICIES AFFECT GAS PRICES!
I won't argue with what you posted indy, not one bit. Yesterday I seen a Pilot pricing E-10 @ $4.49 for cash, a very few blocks into town, perhaps 1/4 mile, Casey's had E-10 @$4.07 cash, or credit. That is Gouging, eh! Yeah, well, I use a very large amount of deisel fuel every year. But the fact of the matter on Crude Oil, the gas, and diesel we buy as US consumers, is all at the mercy, and control of the World Market for Oil. On top of that now the Traders/Speculators are now making it much, much worse with their gaming tactics. I've stayed in close contact with the Oil/Fuel Jobbers that I use to purchase my diesel fuel, farm, and road fuel. They say now, the speculators games have made it so very hard, difficult for them to navegate the market, as to purchase the fuel to resale to their customers. Fuel, and river barge freight, have been the largest gougers I have ever encountered in my business years. Sadly, so it is.

latner

I won't argue with what you posted indy, not one bit. Yesterday I seen a Pilot pricing E-10 @ $4.49 for cash, a very few blocks into town, perhaps 1/4 mile, Casey's had E-10 @$4.07 cash, or credit. That is Gouging, eh! Yeah, well, I use a very large amount of deisel fuel every year. But the fact of the matter on Crude Oil, the gas, and diesel we buy as US consumers, is all at the mercy, and control of the World Market for Oil. On top of that now the Traders/Speculators are now making it much, much worse with their gaming tactics. I've stayed in close contact with the Oil/Fuel Jobbers that I use to purchase my diesel fuel, farm, and road fuel. They say now, the speculators games have made it so very hard, difficult for them to navegate the market, as to purchase the fuel to resale to their customers. Fuel, and river barge freight, have been the largest gougers I have ever encountered in my business years. Sadly, so it is.
I can't wrap my head around the fact that some think we're at the mercy of "The World Market" for oil and gas when not long ago we were net exporters of energy. We're begging OPEC to produce more, still buying from Russia and just plain refuse to allow our producers to go after it. we are living in bizzaro world.

indy_500

I can't wrap my head around the fact that some think we're at the mercy of "The World Market" for oil and gas when not long ago we were net exporters of energy. We're begging OPEC to produce more, still buying from Russia and just plain refuse to allow our producers to go after it. we are living in bizzaro world.
Bingo

BigSix

Its the New Green Deal. Because the only thing we will be able to afford to do is watch the grass grow. We won't even be able to afford to mow our lawns!