These things are HUGE!!

strokeit

Just got my simmon's gen 2 skis today.I did some research on them before i picked them up. Talked to a few King Kat owners that run them and they said nothing but good things.So i guess i will find out this winter!! Think Snow!

Attachments

• IMG_2486.jpg
    IMG_2486.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2487.jpg
    IMG_2487.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_2488.jpg
    IMG_2488.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 184

rp7x

water ski

two guys i ride with have them on thier 4 strokes very easy to track them down they have thier own marks in the snow, they don't fit well in the trailer, i just park on top

strokeit

Thats the thing im worried about! Fitting the sled on the trailer.Was thinking about putting 2x4's under the ski's to raise them up so another sled would fit beside mine.

russholio

I thought this was going to be a sequel thread to the one with the poll about Sarah Palin's....ummm....thingies.

ezra

cat has some factory monster ski now 10 in or more.A bud bought some from a guy on snowest thinking they were stock M ski but insted a pr of watter skis. BTW what happened to the skull hood?

indy_500

cat has some factory monster ski now 10 in or more.A bud bought some from a guy on snowest thinking they were stock M ski but insted a pr of watter skis. BTW what happened to the skull hood?

new sled! he sold the zr 800

strokeit

Nice ski's. I'am waiting for the Gen 3 to come out, don't think I need them that wide.

I have heard about the gen 3 a few time on snowest.A few guy's with 4 stroke's are trying the proto type's out....But no one will post pic's or give up much info on them. I picked these up really cheap! So if i don't like them i can turn around and sell them for what i paid for them.

borderstaff

I ran into Shad Simmons in West Yellowstone this last winter during the Expo and he was showing me the new prototype Gen 3's that he had on his propane turbo Yamaha Nytro. We talked skis and turbos for a little while and he offered me a ride on his Nytro. I jumped at the chance. I thought the skis were very responsive...when they touched the ground. I was having a hard time keeping the front end down as his Nytro made well over 300hp running at 20lbs of boost (this was turned down from the 25lbs it can run). Riding that sled was the highlight of my weekend I went from 50mph to 90 mph in about 1 second and wasn't anywhere near running out of throttle. But, back to the skis...the Gen 3's are 8 inches wide and are a great middle ground between the 10" Gen 2's and 6" Gen 1's. I also test drove Shad's friend's XP Summit 800 with the Gen 3's for a more real world experience. The skis are great, very responsive and a big step up from the stock cat skis I'm used to on my M7 and now M8. I'll be buying a set of the Gen 3's next fall when they are out.

strokeit

I ran into Shad Simmons in West Yellowstone this last winter during the Expo and he was showing me the new prototype Gen 3's that he had on his propane turbo Yamaha Nytro. We talked skis and turbos for a little while and he offered me a ride on his Nytro. I jumped at the chance. I thought the skis were very responsive...when they touched the ground. I was having a hard time keeping the front end down as his Nytro made well over 300hp running at 20lbs of boost (this was turned down from the 25lbs it can run). Riding that sled was the highlight of my weekend I went from 50mph to 90 mph in about 1 second and wasn't anywhere near running out of throttle. But, back to the skis...the Gen 3's are 8 inches wide and are a great middle ground between the 10" Gen 2's and 6" Gen 1's. I also test drove Shad's friend's XP Summit 800 with the Gen 3's for a more real world experience. The skis are great, very responsive and a big step up from the stock cat skis I'm used to on my M7 and now M8. I'll be buying a set of the Gen 3's next fall when they are out.

Great info borderstaff thanks!

And yes I loved my gen 1 Simmons on the trail,very responsive.No darting.