Union thugs are at it again

m8man

I think one of the most misunderstood items out there is dealing with healthcare and pension bene's for union employees from the management perspective. Not all but some people have a you owe me attitude. Others have quite the opposite. Now speaking from first hand experience lets say a business pays $50K a year for health care and $50K a year for pension bene's for union employees. Now with a known number you can make a budget and hopefully make money in a business and so the story goes. If you lose money you will eventually close/change and people will lose jobs and everyone is worse off.

Now for the $50K in pension payments for example (annually) for a business are sent off to the pension plan Trustee's and they then put the money in the pot and hire a firm to manage the assets, hopefully make a reasonable rate of return to provide future bene's for retire's. Now it the money managers do something stupid with the money and lose a ton a defined benefit plan can become underfunded (meaning they don't have enough money in their coffers to meet future liabilities). Now if you are unionized federal law governs the pension plan (assuming you have a DB plan that I happen to be referencing) and it now becomes the employers (business's) problem that there were improper investments made. I can also speak from example that a business could get a $150K bill in the mail that they have to pay no matter what, and it wasn't thier fault, it was the investment mgr's! To me that is a travesty and it has shut down many business's. can you imagine in these economic times if you budgeted to make a $50K profit and you get a $150K bill in the mail? The math doesn't work. Now some may bit$% about the profit but you have to make money to stay competitive and reinvest in your business, have retained earnings and so on. The big picture is we all need jobs to make it and if you don't like unions don't work where there is one. If you like them go seek a job out and join the union. I've never met a cronic complainer who has been part of a solution. Unions were great when workers worked 7 days a week and 12 hrs a day. But I'm afraid, with all that I've seen over the yrs it has turned into an entitlement game. During negotiations for contracts you see people's true character.

m8man

mikeh906

Sense? I have worked both sides of the fence. Or the other side of the tracks so to speak. My first Union job was in the Confectionary union, aka a baker, 2nd was local 132 Laborers. Both had nothing in in common. If you want to make money, go on your own. If you want to be a sheep stay where you are. I really did not read this whole thread, but I have learned how to make money over the years. And its not in the Union, but its safe easy money if your sharp and work hard, how peaple think union folks do not work hard is foolish as we live in America and we work hard. A.. gas or gr.. no one works for FREE. I can make more money not working, sitting at home hooking peaple up, buying, selling whatever. It pisses my wife off as she has to do her 40, and I always out earn her weeks and months on end. But she brings in the health ins, that is priceless. Maybe Charlie Sheen is not nuts?

mikeh906

Well maybe I am nuts. The water has warmed, dive season has started. Fish are biteing[spelling]? Got a new spear gun, you guys are way to .....

whitedust

Well maybe I am nuts. The water has warmed, dive season has started. Fish are biteing[spelling]? Got a new spear gun, you guys are way to .....

X2 I'm with you Mike this has been beat to death! I'm leaving spear gun home needs a new band anyway!:D

bumble-ski

Can't help myself... in 2010 Chicago Alderman salary was $110,000 - most do not keep office hours, are ghosts unless the "man" tries to take something from them, and do little more than chime off against the city for not plowing their ward quick enough... What a bunch of BS... They also get to approve zoning changes - ever notice why they have the nicest house on the block?? 90% are crooks on the take

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_Chicago_alderman_salary

rocketman356

Can't help myself... in 2010 Chicago Alderman salary was $110,000 - most do not keep office hours, are ghosts unless the "man" tries to take something from them, and do little more than chime off against the city for not plowing their ward quick enough... What a bunch of BS... They also get to approve zoning changes - ever notice why they have the nicest house on the block?? 90% are crooks on the take

What yaa gonna doo ,,,,,,yaa live in the Land of Democrookz

polarisrider1

tell me, if you had that job would you be whining about it.

rocketman356

tell me, if you had that job would you be whining about it.
That is just of another example of why those democrookz in Chicago r selling off revenue producing assets for a 1 year fix.What a bunch of fiscal unreponsbile junkies.Just wait and c whats next.Oh btw Chicago has 32 of them slackies and for a comparsion I think NY has 8.God bless America and have a nice day

polarisrider1

That is just of another example of why those democrookz in Chicago r selling off revenue producing assets for a 1 year fix.What a bunch of fiscal unreponsbile junkies.Just wait and c whats next.Oh btw Chicago has 32 of them slackies and for a comparsion I think NY has 8.God bless America and have a nice day

I don't really think you ment the last part, "Have a nice day". Please don't kick the dog or beat the wife. It is not really that bad. Surly nothing will get fixed in Chitown home of the american mobster society, here on Jdee.com This entire post would of been better in "off topic ramblings" or the dumpster. It has nothing to do with weather, outdoor recreation or the northwoods.

rocketman356

I don't really think you ment the last part, "Have a nice day". Please don't kick the dog or beat the wife. It is not really that bad. Surly nothing will get fixed in Chitown home of the american mobster society, here on Jdee.com This entire post would of been better in "off topic ramblings" or the dumpster. It has nothing to do with weather, outdoor recreation or the northwoods.
Hey I didn't start this post about public sector unions threatening business.And I'm not going to sit here and let the croonies state just one side of the story.And please take a good hard look @ www.usdebtclock.org and the link in my previous post a few back and then tell me where notinfor afinancial meltdown.Have a nice day and God Bless America.Oh btw I like my 4 dogs and the wife would kick my azz if I where 2 kick them

Last edited:

polarisrider1

Hey I didn't start this post about public sector unions threatening business.And I'm not going to sit here and let the croonies state just one side of the story.And please take a good hard look @ www.usdebtclock.org and the link in my previous post a few back and then tell me where notinfor afinancial meltdown.Have a nice day and God Bless America.Oh btw I like my 4 dogs and the wife would kick my azz if I where 2 kick them

Too funny! the wife and dog part. As far as that clock, not good.

ridindirty800

Not sure if anybody from southern wi saw this on the news last night but one of the buisness's that did not put the sign in there window had her sales tripple yesterday as people did not want her to think if she does not support the unions she will lose sales. Some guys in the union actually came to apologize and said not all union members support this bullying tactic. Good to see this.