Union thugs are at it again

whitedust

Lost cause & trying anything to get attention but majority of people anti union already. Unions flopping around like a dead fish. :)

jr37

Threats would not work with me. Tell them to take their business elsewhere.

I belong to a union, but you will never hear me bragging about it. I really enjoy my job, just didn't have a choice with the union.

You bring up a great point jr37. You had no choice about joining the union for your job. That's one of many issues I have always had with unions. I am 100% anti-union and watching all this crap go on just makes my blood boil. It's about time union members start to understand the unions are nothing more then "for profit" businesses.

indy_500

So when you get hurt on the job, it's a good thing to just let the company take advantage of you? No that's what the union's for. Wait, you business guys don't get hurt, you sit in cubicles :p Yes, I went there... OMG I got a paper cut!!!

Last edited:

indy_500

Indy, you ganna be a union man?
How was the b-day? Hope you got some good stickers for your car!

Why not!!!

I love how big business guys making 75-100k a year with brand new trucks and sleds complain about union workers making 40-50k a year... Please explain to me how this makes sense???

Everybody got out of the great depression (with a great republican president) by clinging to unions. The recent economy downfall in the past decade is not because of unions. Who was the president when the economy started going downhill again? Yes, another republican... See where this is going?

Last edited:

Hoosier

So when you get hurt on the job, it's a good thing to just let the company take advantage of you? No that's what the union's for. Wait, you business guys don't get hurt, you sit in cubicles :p Yes, I went there... OMG I got a paper cut!!!

Indy, please tell us, how is the company going to take advantage of you if you get hurt on the job if you aren't part of a union, and then tell us also what the unions do about it.

Are you saying union workers don't sit in cubicles? What about the government employees unions? What about the union "bosses" or those who are directly employed by the unions?

Indy, if your school doesn't require you to, read "the Jungle." That will show you what unions were originally for.

Hoosier

Why not!!!

I love how big business guys making 75-100k a year with brand new trucks and sleds complain about union workers making 40-50k a year... Please explain to me how this makes sense???

How much do you think the average teacher in your state makes, benefits included? I would be you a new Rush it's more than 75k!!! Do the math on what this is per hour. You won't find a union person making 40k per year when benefits are included, at least once they are up the scale.

Hoosier

Why not!!!

Everybody got out of the great depression (with a great republican president) by clinging to unions. The recent economy downfall in the past decade is not because of unions. Who was the president when the economy started going downhill again? Yes, another republican... See where this is going?

Indy, if you are going to get political, tell me what the unemployment rate was the day the democrats took over Congress in 2007 and tell me what it is now. And if you are going to talk about the great depression, read up on it a little bit, outside of what your textbooks might say. By "clinging to unions" I assume you are referring to the New Deal, which many believe prolonged the depression instead of solved it.

indy_500

Indy, please tell us, how is the company going to take advantage of you if you get hurt on the job if you aren't part of a union, and then tell us also what the unions do about it.

Are you saying union workers don't sit in cubicles? What about the government employees unions? What about the union "bosses" or those who are directly employed by the unions?

Indy, if your school doesn't require you to, read "the Jungle." That will show you what unions were originally for.

I read "the jungle" last week, not even kidding. Company's will take advantage of you and tell you your on your own. The union will back you up and take care of you. Ok, so 5% of union members sit in cubicles...

indy_500

How much do you think the average teacher in your state makes, benefits included? I would be you a new Rush it's more than 75k!!! Do the math on what this is per hour. You won't find a union person making 40k per year when benefits are included, at least once they are up the scale.

I would bet you a new rush, that teachers at my school are not making more than 75k a year. Seriously... The bet is on... I would think that they wouldn't be living in apartments driving 10 yr old cars if they did.

Hoosier

I read "the jungle" last week, not even kidding. Company's will take advantage of you and tell you your on your own. The union will back you up and take care of you. Ok, so 5% of union members sit in cubicles...

Again, please look it up and see what percentage of union members are government employees and what percentage are not.

Hoosier

I would bet you a new rush, that teachers at my school are not making more than 75k a year. Seriously... The bet is on... I would think that they wouldn't be living in apartments driving 10 yr old cars if they did.

Benefits included?