Walworth, Racine & Kenosha Counties

ridindirty800

They should have opened tomorrow. It's too warm - trails are going to get trashed. Rock got it right...

I agree waiting till today when it was almost single digits was the right call to let what little snow it out there set up good. In Walworth Co I would say almost half the trails had a nice base under and the other half was bare ground. To bad they all did not have a base so that snow yesterday could have got them open for a couple days. Not sure I am even going to try Kenosha or Rock as I cant imagine them being very good.

ryanslyne

Parts of Waukesha are open and it sounded like Racine might open today as well. I am not sure about Walworth. As ridindirty800 said some spots had a base and some spots did not. I am actually surprised they haven't opened them I know in the past they have been open in way worse with less snow. If they don't open them up today I would imagine they are going to stay closed. Regardless I am going to head out tonight and ride a few of my buddies fields and ditch bang to the lake for a couple miles. I saw plenty of tracks riding the ditches from last night on the way to work this morning. I am honestly surprised to see that everyone stayed off the trails while still closed! I am thankful for that...typically that does not happen. But who knows perhaps on my way home tonight there could be some people that rode on them anyway. We will wait and see if they open up Walworth I will take them for a test ride. But regardless it wont last long. All of them will be closed back up by Saturday I would imagine. Looks like 40s next week. Unfortunately the end is near.

RS

ryanslyne

Walworth is open sounds like they will close Friday or Saturday depending on temps. Will get out tonight and report back. Probably our last chance, would almost bet on that.

RS

chop

Rode Kenosha and Racine counties, Raymond, Dover, Union Grove, Paris etc. Dover area was a bit thin but not too bad. From Raymond south along the west side of 94 was really bad between K and 11. Stay way if at all possible. Union Grove to Paris to Kenosha was great. Lots of fresh groomed trails and not many sleds out. Even east of 94 in Kenosha was pretty good.

Ride em while ya got em. Gonna be gone soon.

ridindirty800

Rode Northern Walworth Co last night. Chisel plowed fields were rough, other than that they were not to bad. I was breaking trail on many of them. Its S.E Wi and March, hard to complain about them with summer coming next week.

ryanslyne

60 miles last night East Troy, Lyons, Abels Corners. Pretty much seemed like we were the only sleds out all night. Trails I would list as fair to good. 65%-70% being good the rest fair mainly chisel plowed fields that are little bumpy but certainly have been worse. Also few old drifts frozen rock hard on rail grade to Elkhorn. Other than that we were breaking the trail I would say for 30 of our 60 miles. It is March and the trails are not bad at all for the amount of snow that we have. I would guess today and tomorrow will be the last days. High of 30 tomorrow so they might stay open through tomorrow night...maybe. Saturday it will be over. Get out for you last ride now while you still can.

RS

gen2

update ?

if anyone has a update today(Thursday) for how things are holding up here I'd like to here it. Thinking of taking day off work to get another few miles on and haven't ever ridden this area. Live south west 1 hour away from this area and would like a place on the south west corner of whats rideable to drop off at, early Friday morning. thanks.

ridindirty800

if anyone has a update today(Thursday) for how things are holding up here I'd like to here it. Thinking of taking day off work to get another few miles on and haven't ever ridden this area. Live south west 1 hour away from this area and would like a place on the south west corner of whats rideable to drop off at, early Friday morning. thanks.

Make sure to have the trail hotline number in your phone tomorrow if you go. Supposed to be 30 and sunny and if that is the case some places will go really fast as the sun is warm this time of year and they may close the trails. It sounds like they are hoping to keep them open till tomorrow night but if conditions get bad they will close!

ridindirty800

This is what I saw on the Delavan snowmobile clubs website!

Until further notice Walworth County trails will close Saturday March 7th at 3 AM. For current information call the Snow Phone at 262-742-2664

ryanslyne

Trails held up just fine with the cold temps some of chisel plowed fields are ruff but manageable for down here. There are a lot of good spots with the bumpy chisel plowed fields mixed in between. You can definitely tell where there was a base and then were there was no base they are pretty thin. Only supposed to see 28 today. Sun will eat at them a bit by this afternoon I would imagine. They will close at 3AM Saturday morning that is true so today and tonight is your last chance to get out and ride down here. With the temps in the forecast for the next week it will be the last chance for the season unless we get a major snowstorm. But the way this winter has gone that is wishful thinking. I may venture for a short ride after work today for the last of the season for me. Temps are suppose to warm up all the way to the north woods so I am pulling the plug and getting the motorcycle ready for April.

RS

ryanslyne

Reminder to anyone looking to join one of the local clubs in the area. Our club the East Troy Snow Trojans is hurting for members. Anyone interested please let me know. As you may know next year it will pay off for you to be a member of a snowmobile club in Wisconsin for the trail pass discount. Please let me know if interested. Email address strandra17@yahoo.com

RS

SledTL

Reminder to anyone looking to join one of the local clubs in the area. Our club the East Troy Snow Trojans is hurting for members. Anyone interested please let me know. As you may know next year it will pay off for you to be a member of a snowmobile club in Wisconsin for the trail pass discount. Please let me know if interested. Email address strandra17@yahoo.com

RS

13k plus views this winter! Jeez must think we have snow like last winter or something haha. I had one total ride this year and that was up north. Hopefully next winter will bring some better snows in December and start of January. Now just look forward to getting out on the boat and spending hours on the water.

blkhwkbob

13k plus views this winter! Jeez must think we have snow like last winter or something haha. I had one total ride this year and that was up north. Hopefully next winter will bring some better snows in December and start of January. Now just look forward to getting out on the boat and spending hours on the water.
Hey, you're young and going to school. When you get done with school and find a nice job, you'll have plenty of cash and time to get your riding in. There will be better years.

ridindirty800

Well made it out last night for the final run I am thinking. Glad I did as I was shocked to see many of the trails were groomed since I was out wed night. It did not make a difference in the plowed fields but where all the old drifts were it cut them down and smoothed them out nice. Hopefully some of you others made it out. Hope for a longer more snowy season next year.

SledTL

Hey, you're young and going to school. When you get done with school and find a nice job, you'll have plenty of cash and time to get your riding in. There will be better years.

That's very true. I actually have been working on a snowmobile team up here so ive been with a snowmobile more this year than ever before. Really learned a lot of how everything is put together and such. Very eye opening on the amount of engineering that goes into one of these things is just remarkable, as is any type of machinery these days.

ryanslyne

On snowmobile last week to on the bike this week...unreal. Typical Wisconsin. By April it wouldn't surprise me if it was snowy and cold again! LOL

Taker easy guys. I am pretty much done for the year. Will check back from time to time.

RS