Walworth, Racine & Kenosha Counties

ryanslyne

Well John's forecast as of this morning looks a little more promising for us. I would imagine if we were to get 4+" next week and if it doesn't blow around everywhere we would be back in business. I guess we will have to keep our fingers crossed.

RS

sledrider103

Anything over 24 hrs out Id take with a grain of salt. Especially the way this winter is going. I do hope we can get back out and ride here.

timo

no doubt.
not knocking john at all but if his extended forecast came true this winter we'd be buried.

Anything over 24 hrs out Id take with a grain of salt. Especially the way this winter is going. I do hope we can get back out and ride here.

bladeguy

We are headed to The Corner Bar in Calendonia tomorrow (Sat) for their poker run finale. You can win money even if you didn't do the poker run. Money goes to the snowmobile club. 2-7.

ryanslyne

And yet another snowstorm misses us to the south...unreal. Sure wish we could get some snow to play in with these cold temps. Starting to get depressing around here. I don't mind the cold at all but when there is now snow to ride on it sucks. I heard them say something about a some potential snow this coming weekend. I sure hope they are right.

RS

bladeguy

Every day I drive by the Racine County trails east of 94. The trails I see look rideable. I realize there are spots washed out but how irritating to see every day...

ryanslyne

Yeah believe it or not some of the trails in the area look okay. Then there are other spots that don't look so okay. I see Accuweather has us in 1-3" of snow for Friday night. Not sure that will be enough. With the cold weather I imagine it will be light and fluffy. Any wind will blow it around everywhere. I would imagine we would need at least 4" to get us going again. But we will have to wait and see...

RS

ryanslyne

Well if John's forecast pans out for this weekend we could be back in the action! I know it is early but in his text I think he mentioned perhaps 5-10". This would bring things right back up to the action for us for a little while. Sure would be nice. I know on the local news they are calling for 1-2" Friday night and they have said nothing about Saturday into Sunday yet. But I imagine that is because they are all worried about the cold that we are getting right now. So we will have to see how it plays out but if we get the 4"+ forecasted Saturday into Sunday along with 1-2" Friday I would imagine we will be back into the business here in SE WI. Fingers crossed.

Ryan

bladeguy

Well if John's forecast pans out for this weekend we could be back in the action! I know it is early but in his text I think he mentioned perhaps 5-10". This would bring things right back up to the action for us for a little while. Sure would be nice. I know on the local news they are calling for 1-2" Friday night and they have said nothing about Saturday into Sunday yet. But I imagine that is because they are all worried about the cold that we are getting right now. So we will have to see how it plays out but if we get the 4"+ forecasted Saturday into Sunday along with 1-2" Friday I would imagine we will be back into the business here in SE WI. Fingers crossed.

Ryan

The models giveth and the models taketh away. Fingers crossed but it is way too early..

ridindirty800

I hope John is right! I checked every forecast this morning and all say 2 or less inches friday/friday night. Of the 4 I checked only one even mentioned snow for Sat and sunday and they said a coating up to an inch. Time will tell

ryanslyne

Yeah sounds like nobody knows. Probably will be similar to the last storm that we go earlier in the month where we will not know until the day before. I know that storm that gave us almost of foot to open trails for the first time they changed the forecast like 5 times before it finally hit us. Wait and see....the worst part.

RS

timo

well so much for any significant snow today. looks to be a dusting.. argh!!
big warm up coming first weekend of march.
be ready to get out my clubs in no time.

79txl

Well, i passed over rt. 12 in fox lake and river is froze and some tracks on it from the dustings we've had but of coarse the story of the year no snow. This blows!!!

ryanslyne

Snowing pretty hard now. Supposed to only get an inch or so. Wont be enough to get us going again. Might be able to get out on an area lake or something for a little fun this weekend. That is about it really. I am getting to the point where I am ready to call it quits as well. Of course I have done plenty of good riding down here by us in March in the past. But I am not holding my breathe at this point. 1,400 miles on the sled would be fine I suppose. Of course I will always take a few more! If not time for the motorcycle :)

RS

bladeguy

Well, i passed over rt. 12 in fox lake and river is froze and some tracks on it from the dustings we've had but of coarse the story of the year no snow. This blows!!!

I am headed out tomorrow with my ice scratchers on! Just thankful there is ice. If people are running the river through Johnsburg I may give it a shot. Anyone know if they are running through town?

ryanslyne

Yeah that would be nice! I want one more shot at some riding down here then I will be content. Not sure I am going to pull the trigger on another trip up north this year anymore. We will see!