Walworth, Racine & Kenosha Counties

ridindirty800

Yesterday I saw 3-5" for elkhorn and now they show 1-3" for sunday. So who knows. I have not turned my track down here, all the miles have come on a few trips to the northwoods, and like you I don't think I am heading north again.

timo

I've completely given up riding down here this year, just not gonna happen anymore this late in the season.
one more trip to the north woods and call it a "bad" year.

ryanslyne

Yeah I am not giving up as of yet. I doubt a trip north will happen since I have already pulled off three of these. But I do recall years past where I have done some really good riding in Walworth county into the middle of March. I do recall one year quite a few years back a perfect ride on St. Pats day that was amazing. Pulled off over 200 miles in two days then couple days later a warm up came with weekend traffic and we were done for the year. It looks like perhaps the weather is getting a little more active for us in the coming week or so here with temps remaining cold. so maybe within the next week or two we will get going again for a short time. A couple more times out and I would be satisfied.

RS

SledTL

So, don't want to jinx yall but if it snows anything in the next two weeks I think I will be able to pull off a ride on the lake for spring break haha. Come home the 13th and would love nothing more than just to rip around one last time.

Snirtdawg

With this weekends storm track and the existing conditions, I would take a little ride around the bottom of the lake over to Niles, Mi. area and enjoy the best riding within a couple of hours. From Gurnee area, it takes two hours door to door to drop and go. I was there last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the amount of snow and the mix of trails. Left at 7:30 AM, rode from 9:30 to 4:30 (125 miles with my son) and was going out with the wife by 7:30PM, everybody is happy!! if you already have MI stickers, it's a no brainer. This year has not blessed SO WI, I try not to dwell on it.

ryanslyne

Picked up about an inch in East Troy over night. Sounds like more snow Sunday and then Tuesday next week. Judging by John's forecast today a lot can change yet. So perhaps it could change in a good way for us. I do know Racine, Kenosha and Milwaukee Counties picked up around 5" of snow near the lake over night. Not sure if it will be enough to open up these counties or not? Maybe half the county? I am not sure. Anyone live over there know what it looks like? I know one of my buddies that works in Kenosha said it was snowing like crazy there this morning all lake effect and they already had about 5" down.

RS

bladeguy

There is plenty of snow in Racine county east of the highway. It was lake effect snowing like crazy this morning. The trouble is there are not a lot of trails east of the highway so not too sure if they will open anything up.

bladeguy

Just checked - Racine and Kenosha not open. If it were my call I would open Racine East of 94 but alas it is not my call.

timo

you guys are rubbing a lamp if you think trails are gonna open in se wis. this year.
we got about an inch of snow north of milwaukee today didn't make it above 15 degrees today yet sun was out all day and snow was melted by noon.
with no base on the trails and what little snow is in the forecast and with solar angles increasing there isn't much hope on riding. don't mean to be a downer just trying to keep it real.

timo

Racine is horrible! Do not come

kinda to be expected with 8 inches of lake effect fluff on the ground.
if i was a land owner i would be seriously questioning someone's intelligence on opening a trail that went thru my property.

john malan says 7.5 in. for tuesday.
that'll put us with 8.5 inches on the ground.

ridindirty800

Made it out on the lake by my house with the kids on Sunday, it was rough in places from all the ruts in the warm up a few weeks ago. Then went and played in the field by the house and that was fine. Only supposed to get about 2" on Tuesday so I think next weekend is time to run some fuel stabilizer in the sleds as it might be done. Blade guy you get on the river?? Saw a ton of trackers going under Hwy 50 and some going under Hwy 43? if you made it out how was it?

ryanslyne

Looks like we are just going to get missed by this one. John's forecast looks like it is going to miss us all together. On the news this morning they were calling for 2-3" heavier amounts north. If it misses us which it looks like it will I think I will have to head to cabin for last ride this weekend then put the sleds away. My phone app is calling for temps in the 40s next week so it looks like the season is wrapping up for us down here in SE WI.

RS

ryanslyne

2" Maybe 3" fell quickly this morning in East Troy. I got up around 5am and it was coming down hard. It is now 8:30 and has changed from snow to ice. As long as we don't get any rain maybe I will get a chance to play around on the lakes and rivers. I doubt the trails will open...but then again I have been wrong before so who knows.

RS