What if anything are you going to change?

katden4

So with all the hype about your health at risk, what if anything are you going to change? Could be as simple as washing your hands more often? Or loose a few pounds? Stop smoking? Maybe contribute more to savings? All of these things are items we can control, and I am curious how many people are actually going to make changes in their lives from what we are learning during this mess.

xcr440

Since I'm forced not to go out and have a few pops at the local watering hole, that will be a savings account all on its own!

Sandylake

So with all the hype about your health at risk, what if anything are you going to change? Could be as simple as washing your hands more often? Or loose a few pounds? Stop smoking? Maybe contribute more to savings? All of these things are items we can control, and I am curious how many people are actually going to make changes in their lives from what we are learning during this mess.

Not much.

Years ago I decided that I've seen enough of the world and never want to leave the U.P. ever again. Been to a those places, done that.

I have a off-grid cabin that I plan on moving into in the near future and live a simple life away from most of the worries of the world.

slimcake

Watch the news less... I am pissed that my sunday morning breakfast spot is shut down. Don't mess with my sunday funday!!!!! Actually I take it more seriously than that. I have my supplies and my zombie shelter. I even loaded this clip last night.... LOL IMG_20181016_203235740_LL.jpg

euphoric1

Not much.

Years ago I decided that I've seen enough of the world and never want to leave the U.P. ever again. Been to a those places, done that.

I have a off-grid cabin that I plan on moving into in the near future and live a simple life away from most of the worries of the world.

Although this isn't in my near future life plan, I hope Sandylake's plan of having an off the grid cabin, or way off the beaten path dwelling place will be a place for me to retire to as well "simple life away from most of the worries of the world" The here and now and near future.... survive...whatever that takes.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Change? Not going to work everyday is about as much change I can handle right now. Most everything is closed except for the big box stores. We've decided to support the small business in town but it's mostly a ghost town out there now. Even Walmart is cutting back their hours, an hour for the seniors in the morning and closed overnight for stocking.
Back when this all started I made a list of things I've been putting off. I'm the type that can't sit around much and need to be working on something. I've got a list of about 12 to 15 things I want to address over the next month or two. Once the weather breaks I'll be able to get out in the yard and go to work there plus getting the garden prepped. Hopefully back to work sometime in April but I've been reading some things that could make that a doubtful scenario. Keep the faith, stay busy and stay healthy!

Gary

wirev

I am a retired pastor, but pastors never retire. I live in St Germain but I am currently serving a congregation in Iron River, MI and while everything is closed, I will still be doing Midweek and Sunday sermons over the internet and visiting people when I can.

D

Deleted member 10829

Not much.

That sounds awesome!!

mrbb

very little different here,
about 10 yrs ago, I had some major life drastic budget changes, between health issue's and my main job leaving the country!

that has had me basically staying at my more remote hunting property most of the yr, its rather remote, quiet, and I enjoy having a few thousand acres in my backyard and all the wildlife I can handle
tend to stay there 5-6 days at a time yr round anymore
so, self quarantine ?? not due to any special worries about this virus for me, been living this way a decade now
guess I can say that with my health issue's I am lucky I have been this way, but who know's
I tend to feel when your time is up, your time is up, enjoy what you can, use logic and don't over do anything good OR bad!

LoveMyDobe

I work security at a pipeline , oil still will flow. With me still working and Hubs SS check and pension, moneywise we are ok. 401K not so good but I have time for that to turn around, don't plan on retiring soon. We have everything we need at home, food TP wine dogfood beer ,as long as I have internet and TV I"m good. On my days off I'll enjoy time with Hubs and my 2 rescue dogs, maybe cut some wood. I'm sad that our Rescue events are canceled, I'm praying people don't get stupid and start surrendering their dogs to us but now with people stuck at home we have more Foster homes opening up.

dothedoo

We've got a 4 month old grandson, who was born 6 weeks premature, so he's a little more at risk. So...unfortunately, we've made the decision to avoid visiting him at this time. That is a big blow for us, but if that's as bad as it gets, we'll be blessed.

The business I run provides a vital service to hospitals, nursing homes, and clinics, so business as usual. I used to always joke with employees when something was going wrong that while what we do is important, people aren't going to die, if we have a hiccup. Realizing we could actually have a major disruption if COVID-19 hits our plant, I stopped saying that. lol

chords

No change for me. For years I have practiced social distance and self isolation by staying home as I rarely went out - mostly as needed. I have also always kept a stash of what I call my "survival items ". Lots of water, canned goods,tp/pt batteries,flashlite ,solar lites...... and ca$h. I keep busy here and going to my lakefront up North where there is always something to be done.

Bonus today - its 64* and windows are open.

slimcake

Is that all you have to say?? Why don't you say something about what you have done or didn't do instead of judging people!!

Both my wife and I work in what are classified as essential fields so nothing right now changes for us. We do have a few more safety measures in place when we go on calls but we will run short on supplies if this last too long.