When is new Polaris release happening?

dpd43

Getting anxious. Hoping that the Polaris bunch has the wisdom to offer the Pro chassis in more than the Rush and RMK. If so, I'm taking the plunge on a new Poo. Otherwise plan A is to get an XP Renegade or Summit. This is harder than waiting for Santa!

indy_500

March 9th i believe is the date, the day before my birthday! maybe i'll get to pick one out! lol

Firecatguy

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uMBj99LRHTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uMBj99LRHTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

snoughnut

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uMBj99LRHTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uMBj99LRHTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

LMAO at Polaris, these designers talk about testing in the lab and in the field, I think they need to sit down with some current '08 - '09 800 owners and discuss this so called testing. They talk about how crisp and powerful the 800 is, the current 800 is far from crisp and powerful in stock form. I'm not about to find out if Polaris has it right this time because I don't like being lied to.

polarisrider1

LMAO at Polaris, these designers talk about testing in the lab and in the field, I think they need to sit down with some current '08 - '09 800 owners and discuss this so called testing. They talk about how crisp and powerful the 800 is, the current 800 is far from crisp and powerful in stock form. I'm not about to find out if Polaris has it right this time because I don't like being lied to.

The question was, "When is the new Polaris release happening?"

snoughnut

The question was, "When is the new Polaris release happening?"

My reply to that would be, who cares when the new release is happening. Polaris should worry about getting their current junk running right before they get giddy about their new sleds. Are you offended by my opinions and do you own an '08 - '09 800? If so I'm sure you understand.

ezra

just as soon as they can keep the 800 running long enough to get from the trailer to the convention center floor

indy_500

just as soon as they can keep the 800 running long enough to get from the trailer to the convention center floor

lets just wait and see who goes out of biz first, it happened once and it WILL happen again :D sorry you had that one comin

dpd43

Wow!

Didn't expect the replies to go to the 800 engine issues! Gotta admit the 800 isn't on my radar since I'm not needing that kind of HP in any sled. I think the doos have the best engine but dealers are scarce in my area. I have nearly 6000 miles on my 500 Formula Z and have only put plugs, gas and oil into it. Probably should change the belt and check the Hyfax soon. If the Polaris folks put out a 600 Switch in the Pro R chassis, I will try them again. My 93 XLT was incredible from the reliablility standpoint and dealer is 10 min from my house.

ezra

lets just wait and see who goes out of biz first, it happened once and it WILL happen again :D sorry you had that one comin

you are correct poo will be in biz for some time now. in part with your dads tax money keeping them going.I don't know how well they would be doing if they did not have the lobbyists working the pentagon.glad to see a local company got a big contract.

snoman357

From the Vid...

"When you look at the design of the tunnel, When you look at the design of the Bulkhead, When you look at the design of the over-structure, When you look at the design of the steering system......"

Ummm yea It looks exactly like the design of a XP!

Oh and the best is the "when you get it stuck you can still grab the bumper without the snow flap getting in the way" WHAT? REALLY I thought all sleds even trail sleds have had this for years?

Sled looks cool and im sure it will perform well also, but sure does look like an XP.

just my .02

indy_500

when the snow pushes the snow flap up from a stuck, the flap is pressed against the bumper and you can't get your hands around the bumper.

polarisrider1

you are correct poo will be in biz for some time now. in part with your dads tax money keeping them going.I don't know how well they would be doing if they did not have the lobbyists working the pentagon.glad to see a local company got a big contract.

I sense envy. It was Skidoo who got money. Did not hear that Polaris did to. please enlighten us with some facts. Inquiring minds want to know.

datdude

Getting anxious. Hoping that the Polaris bunch has the wisdom to offer the Pro chassis in more than the Rush and RMK. If so, I'm taking the plunge on a new Poo. Otherwise plan A is to get an XP Renegade or Summit. This is harder than waiting for Santa!

Get the new Summit Freeride, or buy my 2009 Summit Hillclimb so I can get the new Freeride!

harvest1121

Well its good that Polaris get government contracts for defense. Would you rather them get nothing and use Yamahas for the military. They do make the best side by sides made. Polaris Indusries is not anything close to what BRP (Skidoo) is. Bombardier is such a big company imagine the goverment contracts and lobbyist they have. They can have 1 jet contract worth more then what polaris does in a year. I hope Polaris gets there 800 right this year. This coming from a 800 skidoo rider that needs a new motor at 5000 miles lol

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I sense envy. It was Skidoo who got money. Did not hear that Polaris did to. please enlighten us with some facts. Inquiring minds want to know.

Sounds like Polaris got a big military contract? Supply Rangers and or atv's to the military maybe?

600hoic

Banned
The tax money is going to run out soon for Oslama...i mean Obama. It will be interesting to see how long all these new government jobs and contracts last!