2013 Boating Season

Dave_B

Wayne's new boat. After living in squaller last year, he decided to go a different direction for the 2013 season.

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 69

polarisrider1

Wayne's new boat. After living in squaller last year, he decided to go a different direction for the 2013 season.

lol, I park mine next to Don Johnsons boat (Miami vice) and work has picked up. We have flooding going on at the marina, so boat may sit another week indoors.

Dave_B

I think we all know who Don Johnson is. If not, well.....

You should offer to tile his head and galley. that should slow him down! :). You might beat him with your dingy. (the little boat you tow. Not what it sounds like)

polarisrider1

I think we all know who Don Johnson is. If not, well.....

You should offer to tile his head and galley. that should slow him down! :). You might beat him with your dingy. (the little boat you tow. Not what it sounds like)

I did tile a Shell oil execs boat salon with marble, it is on my web site.

polarisrider1

Grand River meets lake Michigan. Millions drink the waters of lake Michigan and this is what flooding of the Grand River does to the big lake. The water tested at 3 to 5 times above the level of the "DO NOT TOUCH" limit set for dangerous polutants. E Coli, benzine, chrome, mercury, and dozens of poisons turned up in water testing.
I will not drive my boat in the mess. So another week goes by.
http://fox17online.com/2013/04/24/h...evels-dangerous-and-disturbing/#axzz2RWF1CTow

Attachments

• 528262_10151582971559169_189577361_n.jpg
    528262_10151582971559169_189577361_n.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

mjkaliszak

Grand River meets lake Michigan. Millions drink the waters of lake Michigan and this is what flooding of the Grand River does to the big lake. The water tested at 3 to 5 times above the level of the "DO NOT TOUCH" limit set for dangerous polutants. E Coli, benzine, chrome, mercury, and dozens of poisons turned up in water testing.
I will not drive my boat in the mess. So another week goes by.
http://fox17online.com/2013/04/24/h...evels-dangerous-and-disturbing/#axzz2RWF1CTow

Looks nasty....
I'm going to get my darn lawn mower. Then fire the fertilizer guys. Came too soon , didn't ask, and now I'm mowing already.

polarisrider1

Finally the boat launches tomorrow. I get to run it down from Muskegon to Grand haven. flooding has subsided and slip dredging is underway, This is the latest start of boating season I have on record. One month later than last year.

miked

Hey polarisrider...how are the lake levels looking over there? I'm pretty concerned about getting my boat off the trailer. If the lake is too low, ramps aren't long enough to accomodate a 40 foot trailer...and I do NOT want to drop the front axle off the concrete!

Oh...and that Dave's Custom Boats 41 Widebody on the tilt trailer...runs 175 mph....

polarisrider1

Hey polarisrider...how are the lake levels looking over there? I'm pretty concerned about getting my boat off the trailer. If the lake is too low, ramps aren't long enough to accomodate a 40 foot trailer...and I do NOT want to drop the front axle off the concrete!

Oh...and that Dave's Custom Boats 41 Widebody on the tilt trailer...runs 175 mph....
Boat is in the slip, nice ride tonight. Main concern was dodging debris floating down the river. Lake Mi. Is up a whooping 3".

polarisrider1

I would take your boat to a travel lift and have it plunked in the water. no worries at ramp then. negotiate a price with the lift guy, a case of Bud usually works.

miked

I would take your boat to a travel lift and have it plunked in the water. no worries at ramp then. negotiate a price with the lift guy, a case of Bud usually works.

Yeah...but I don't put it in and leave it. I'm in and out in a day or a weekend, then it's back on the trailer and in my shop. Travel lift or a sling would end up costing mucho dollars. Although...desperate times call for desperate measures...

I'm going to roll over to both marinas I frequent in the next couple weeks and eyeball it before I pull the boat over.

I've got a friend that just gave up the idea of launching his 42 Outerlimits in Lake Michigan and is taking it to Lake of the Ozarks for the summer. That's a 6-1/2 hour ride each way for the weekend. :(

polarisrider1

Yeah...but I don't put it in and leave it. I'm in and out in a day or a weekend, then it's back on the trailer and in my shop. Travel lift or a sling would end up costing mucho dollars. Although...desperate times call for desperate measures...

I'm going to roll over to both marinas I frequent in the next couple weeks and eyeball it before I pull the boat over.

I've got a friend that just gave up the idea of launching his 42 Outerlimits in Lake Michigan and is taking it to Lake of the Ozarks for the summer. That's a 6-1/2 hour ride each way for the weekend. :(

Grand Havens main launch is dredging right now, docks are on shore and huge crane is there. the 65 slips to the east of mine are being dredged so those boats are not in yet. The marina is normally full at this time, we have about 60 boats in and we have 400 slips here. Very strange year indeed. Boat fired up and both motors ran perfect. I stored with 180 gallons of gas in it so that is a plus. Run Amsoil of course and change up fuel water seperators each fall. Dropped off the 15hp Merc (Zodiac motor) at the shop today, the tilt lock isn't holding well, the Zodiac is still tied to my picnic table, I will launch that Sunday. Spending tomorrow night on the boat. Living on it last year and just enjoying it this year will be quite a change.

eagle1

Plenty of water here. Bring them up to Winnebago system. Know its not same as wide open Michigan but plenty big to open them up.

http://www.boatingwinnebago.com/

Probably launch in Fon Du Lac
http://www.fdl.wi.gov/departments.iml?DeptID=21&DeptPage=66

miked

I'm with Outerlimits guy , giving up on IL boating this season, But were going 7 hours North to the Keweenaw and levying our Regal 2700 at the cabin this year and just doing more long weekends and trips. you should bring the DCB 41 north, if you like sledding up there you will love boating the Keweenaw. besides it would be fun to see how the Dollar bay Coast guard and DNR would deal with that Rocket ship.

Boot Jacker

miked

Booter-
I don't OWN the DCB...its a LITTLE out of my price range....****...insurance ALONE on a boat like that is $25k/year! My boat is pictured on the previous page....37 Active Thunder with 525s...should run around 85 mph...and that's good with me!

I will actually be towing up to Lake Charlevoix for the Boyne Thunder Poker Run in July, then hanging around for a few more days and running up to Mackinac Island...I'm sure they will appreciate the noise up there! Lol.

polarisrider1

First night on boat this season. Hard freeze in forecast, got the heat on and the hot water heater on. Not. Sure if I should leave a faucet on at trickle to prevent freezing? Hose supply line is 5/8" dia. Never had this issue of possible freezing. Got it at 73 in the boat and water temp is about 42 in the river, mainly concerned about 3/8" lines that feed bar sink and swim platform shower those are not insulated or in a heated area. 29 degrees enough to worry???