2018 arctic cat M 8000

snobuilder

ZR 129 and 137 as well

293530d1485215200-hot-off-press-2018-8000-.jpg

293538d1485215214-hot-off-press-2018-8000-b.jpg

293546d1485215226-hot-off-press-2018-m8000-.jpg

293554d1485215239-hot-off-press-2018-m8000-b.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Great to see Cat finally releasing the 800 c-tec.
Available Feb. 1
Looks ready for a wrap.

Last edited:

ezra

looks like it will be 1 more yr on the 14 . I wont be a tester. actually hoping for a holdover 17 mountain cat in may

flybyu

Looks like a 2014 freeride

- - - Updated - - -

Ya I agree I have been a test dummy before and also say never again

UP RIDER

Yeah Cat and Doo sure struggle in the Mountain segment, seems like Doo changes things every year or so but just can't nail it.

kip

Should be a hit for Cat. No need to wait I wouldn't think Ezra? They've always had rock solid 2 stroke engines vs. Doo or Poo. Although the AXYS engine has been rock solid so far. Many of my customers have over 5,000 miles now and they're untouched which is great for a 2 stroke. Cat engines are solid and have been for some years now.

MNBlizzard

This is awesome! Homegrown MN/USA sled from the ground up. Let's not overlook that Cat is allowing their customers to get their hands on these now, not waiting for 8-9 months. I love the early release and hope all manufacturers start going this route. If I was in the market for a new sled (still getting used to my new Summit), I'd be seriously considering a new M for the rest of the season.

By all accounts the new motor and M chassis look great. The '17 Mountain Cat chassis has been praised all season and it sounds like the entire M series will get the same treatment. I hope the motor proves to be as good as the Suzuki has been for Cat.

snobuilder

This is awesome! Homegrown MN/USA sled from the ground up. Let's not overlook that Cat is allowing their customers to get their hands on these now, not waiting for 8-9 months. I love the early release and hope all manufacturers start going this route. If I was in the market for a new sled (still getting used to my new Summit), I'd be seriously considering a new M for the rest of the season.

By all accounts the new motor and M chassis look great. The '17 Mountain Cat chassis has been praised all season and it sounds like the entire M series will get the same treatment. I hope the motor proves to be as good as the Suzuki has been for Cat.

Right on about the marketing. The spring order plan is getting stale with marginal conditions and leftover sleds being wholesaled.

- - - Updated - - -

No one doubts the stout Zuke engines. The c- tec engines have direct ties to them laydown designs that Cat and Zuke colaborated on.

ezra

Should be a hit for Cat. No need to wait I wouldn't think Ezra? They've always had rock solid 2 stroke engines vs. Doo or Poo. Although the AXYS engine has been rock solid so far. Many of my customers have over 5,000 miles now and they're untouched which is great for a 2 stroke. Cat engines are solid and have been for some years now.

true but I still wont be a tester . I have faith the motor will be fine but why risk it when there are no changes from the 17mountain cat other than the replacement 800? I have heard nothing but good things about the mountain cat this yr

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
13 lb reduction. 3" narrower, talking about the M. 5 years testing on the new 800, side panels and hood way easier to take off than current M. I like it, M&M Powersports will have one soon, can't wait to try it out.

mezz

13 lb reduction. 3" narrower, talking about the M. 5 years testing on the new 800, side panels and hood way easier to take off than current M. I like it, M&M Powersports will have one soon, can't wait to try it out.

And hear I thought you were changing segments of riding...It is as tough to give up as any addiction, right? At least till your body says "No Moss":smile:-Mezz

kip

Yeah Ezra, Cat's had a strong mountain sled for quite a few years now. Chad does well with them at M&M.

old abe

Yeah Ezra, Cat's had a strong mountain sled for quite a few years now. Chad does well with them at M&M.

Kip, what about Pol??? I always thought there mountain segment was in on your becoming a Pol dealer??? My local Pol dealer says there will big things happen in 2019???
Maybe even 4 stroke???