2018 arctic cat M 8000

momoney2123

I mean i kno you will argue everything but get with the times and they did. But one grumpy old man and 4 grass racers say they shoulda waited. Move foward good job for cat for building a modern efficient high hp 800

snobuilder

I'm sensing nervousness from the bucket brigade.
the new c-tec 8 in an already stout chassis will be sucking riders from one side of the Doo pile while Polaris continues on the other side.

kip

Ezra is correct, Cat has had the most dependable two stroke engine for many years now. Poo struggled and so did Doo. Now Poo has a rock solid 800 and time will tell for the Doo engine. I see them all and when it comes to the facts I'm not biased. Yamaha=Heavy and Excellent Engine. Cat=Rock Solid 2 stroke engine. Doo=Excellent ride and handling. Poo=Light weight and best off trail chassis on the market. It's nothing to argue or get upset about, it's just facts and it's all what the buyer holds most important to him or her. I've had many guys come in that ride off trail with a Yamaha and can't wait to get off of it. On the other hand I have guys that come in with blown up 2 strokes and just want a reliable 4 stroke so when they take a week long vacation with their friend or family they're not living in a repair shop miles from home, it's simple really. Oh yeah, did you guys and gals know Yamaha 4 strokes are heavy? Wish someone would've told me! Dang it!!:)

old abe

I'm always glad to see new 2-strkes engines. No matter who the mfg is. It's great what A/C has done in developing their C-Tec engines. It's always better to wait, than be sorry.

old abe

Ezra is correct, Cat has had the most dependable two stroke engine for many years now. Poo struggled and so did Doo. Now Poo has a rock solid 800 and time will tell for the Doo engine. I see them all and when it comes to the facts I'm not biased. Yamaha=Heavy and Excellent Engine. Cat=Rock Solid 2 stroke engine. Doo=Excellent ride and handling. Poo=Light weight and best off trail chassis on the market. It's nothing to argue or get upset about, it's just facts and it's all what the buyer holds most important to him or her. I've had many guys come in that ride off trail with a Yamaha and can't wait to get off of it. On the other hand I have guys that come in with blown up 2 strokes and just want a reliable 4 stroke so when they take a week long vacation with their friend or family they're not living in a repair shop miles from home, it's simple really. Oh yeah, did you guys and gals know Yamaha 4 strokes are heavy? Wish someone would've told me! Dang it!!:)

All true kip!!!!! All in fun!!!

momoney2123

I'm sensing nervousness from the bucket brigade.
the new c-tec 8 in an already stout chassis will be sucking riders from one side of the Doo pile while Polaris continues on the other side.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news for you but it was doo stealing the offtrail guys with 850/G4 from POO and now Cat will get their share as well, I would guess as lot of cat guys bailed, but may return.

Most are not a believer in the 800 poo. If some of you call that rock solid but the 800 etec unreliable....I have to laugh. Coincidentally I towed home a 2016 axys 800 last week. No compression.

carry on, I applaud cat for moving forward.

Ha. Yeah I just like gettin guys going. I go off trail all the time with my buddy that lives in dollar bay, he just bought a cat and has been a cat guy his whole life. I always give him grief at the pump when he puts $2 more than me in gas after riding all day. (Like $2 really matters!!!!). Just fun to poke fun once in awhile. Hope all this works out for cat with all the changes.

snobuilder

Hate to be the bearer of bad news for you but it was doo stealing the offtrail guys with 850/G4 from POO and now Cat will get their share as well, I would guess as lot of cat guys bailed, but may return.

Most are not a believer in the 800 poo. If some of you call that rock solid but the 800 etec unreliable....I have to laugh. Coincidentally I towed home a 2016 axys 800 last week. No compression.

carry on, I applaud cat for moving forward.

Not into mountain riding in WI or MI so my focus is on the 95% of sled buyers who trail ride and put miles on instead a braaaap, braaaap, stuck.

Maybe I should start riding with some tuggy equipped Doo fanatics soon....the Poo 800HO at 5800 has got to blow soon....LOL

momoney2123

Not into mountain riding in WI or MI so my focus is on the 95% of sled buyers who trail ride and put miles on instead a braaaap, braaaap, stuck.

Maybe I should start riding with some tuggy equipped Doo fanatics soon....the Poo 800HO at 5800 has got to blow soon....LOL

trail is doo's bread and butter. they own the segment. Poo had an edge in the off trail until the G4. just sayin....

5800 is good

ezra

trail is doo's bread and butter. they own the segment. Poo had an edge in the off trail until the G4. just sayin....

just sayin don't make it true . the guys who did are enjoying a tip down arctic cats 2012 memory lane to the belt isle

Last edited:

kip

I would agree with you momoney on the trails segment but Polaris still has the superior off trail sled. All you have to do is ride them back to back to find that out. I'm a dealer and can admit when our products are behind and yes I know the rankings kind sir:)

momoney2123

I would agree with you momoney on the trails segment but Polaris still has the superior off trail sled. All you have to do is ride them back to back to find that out. I'm a dealer and can admit when our products are behind and yes I know the rankings kind sir:)

I cant comment off trail RMK vs G4 personally as I have only rode a renegade 850 off trail, which is a trail sled. I know RMK was the gold standard for offtrail. From what I hear the G4 is the new king. Have you rode a summit 850?

kip

Actually I've ridden a couple 850's and very nice sled momoney. Doo makes a great product no doubt:) I always like to see what the dark side has cooking:)

I haven't rode the new summit 850 at all yet, but i have compared a newer pro rmk and newer m8 back to back for quite a few miles that my buddies have traded me and I just didn't like them compared to my summit, and they said the same about mine. Not saying they are bad sleds by any means, I'm Probly just to used to mine. I just like the way it handles a lot better than the others. It feels easier to ride, almost to easy! Motor wise. Pretty much all about the same to me. Too hard to tell. Don't have any buddy's with new 850 yet but from everyone that I've talked to and all the lookin that I've done online I want one!!! They are saying that skidoo made these almost too easy to ride;)

UP RIDER

Heading west next week on our annual trip, six guys three RMK and three of the new Summits so it should be interesting. Since Poo introduced the Pro the ratio of what we have seen out there has been overwhelming Poo. What the Doo loyal have been saying is the G4 is twitchy to stay on the side hill and will not climb with the XM because the front end won't stay down. I guess we will see.