2018 arctic cat M 8000

kip

old abe, I really think Polaris needs to get back in the 4 stroke market and they have asked me questions about it. Love Polaris's mountain segment, they sell great and in my opinion they far and away make the best Mountain chassis on the market. The new Poo 800 engine has more than proven itself which is a blessing by the way!! LOL!! I'm just giving Cat credit for having a solid engine and mountain sled for years now. I think Polaris will consistently have big things happening as they're not one to take their foot off the pedal. One thing I've learned in short period of time of being a Poo dealer is that there is absolutely no love loss between Doo and Poo. It's pretty obvious the loyalists seem to dislike each other just as much. It's funny:) You can see it on this site quite a bit. Doo riders seem to be the most wound tight though, very defensive and quick to criticize. If you're number one then you don't need to bring up 2, 3 , and 4 do you? Comical.

Hoosier

Doo riders seem to be the most wound tight though, very defensive and quick to criticize. If you're number one then you don't need to bring up 2, 3 , and 4 do you? Comical.

Ain't that the truth. Every Yamaha/Cat/Poo thread has a certain couple of Doo-lovers that seem to jump in just about every time. They own half the market, maybe more, but they still have the little brother or big truck syndrome for some reason.

ridindirty800

Ain't that the truth. Every Yamaha/Cat/Poo thread has a certain couple of Doo-lovers that seem to jump in just about every time. They own half the market, maybe more, but they still have the little brother or big truck syndrome for some reason.

When you are on top you get to have a little fun right? ;) Its all in good fun! When ski doo made the mcdonalds sled everybody had fun with that.

misty_pines

old abe, I really think Polaris needs to get back in the 4 stroke market and they have asked me questions about it. Love Polaris's mountain segment, they sell great and in my opinion they far and away make the best Mountain chassis on the market. The new Poo 800 engine has more than proven itself which is a blessing by the way!! LOL!! I'm just giving Cat credit for having a solid engine and mountain sled for years now. I think Polaris will consistently have big things happening as they're not one to take their foot off the pedal. One thing I've learned in short period of time of being a Poo dealer is that there is absolutely no love loss between Doo and Poo. It's pretty obvious the loyalists seem to dislike each other just as much. It's funny:) You can see it on this site quite a bit. Doo riders seem to be the most wound tight though, very defensive and quick to criticize. If you're number one then you don't need to bring up 2, 3 , and 4 do you? Comical.

You would know Kip, being in the business, but I have to say, this applies more to the wound up tight Doo riders or other wound tight brand loyalists and not the more relaxed ones that we don't hear from. I ride a Doo and realize that it's just a sled. Do I like it? Sure, but it's just a sled. It is odd how some folks seem to actually get mad at each other about what sled is "better" or "worse" even on John's forum. Crazy and comical at times as you said. Some of my riding friends are Cat loyalists and despise Polaris?? Not really sure why, but that's how they are. Trying to figure out what generates such strong brand loyalty is another interesting topic but that's for another thread...

Back on topic, this new Cat 800 engine should be great and just what the doctor ordered for Cat.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
People who actually get pissed and argue with another person about a brand of sled, are just kids that never grew up. Sure, when I was in my early 20's, Cat was the best, and everything else was junk! But, then I grew up, I've owned all 4 brands, and loved all of them. Now I'm back on cat after a 15 year hiatus.

ridindirty800

People who actually get pissed and argue with another person about a brand of sled, are just kids that never grew up. Sure, when I was in my early 20's, Cat was the best, and everything else was junk! But, then I grew up, I've owned all 4 brands, and loved all of them. Now I'm back on cat after a 15 year hiatus.

I hear ya but part of the fun of snowmobiling is giving your buddies a hard time if they ride something different than you. When i grew up We had a ski doo, cat and polaris in the garage. We then switched to all Polaris and if you asked me in Highschool or college I would of said I would never ever switch. Then after a few issues with new Polaris I bought, that was it for me and switched to a Rev and never looked back "Yet" lol. Its all fun and games

kip

misty_pines, you're right:) and ridindirty800 I get your point too, you get crews in here that pick on each other in good fun and it makes for a ton hilarious moments in the shop:) It's for sure part of the fun but those that think what they're riding is just the best thing since buttered bread and no other brand exists need to get over it. It's foolish. They all make good products in one area or another, and all of them are better than the other on one aspect or another as well. Sure we've been a dealer for a long time but I certainly don't think other brands aren't superior on one way or another. People that ride snowmobiles are usually hard workers and they deserve to have fun on whatever they want:) I don't know if any of you guys and gals know but Yamaha makes a heavy 4 stroke snowmobile.....:)

ridindirty800

misty_pines, you're right:) and ridindirty800 I get your point too, you get crews in here that pick on each other in good fun and it makes for a ton hilarious moments in the shop:) It's for sure part of the fun but those that think what they're riding is just the best thing since buttered bread and no other brand exists need to get over it. It's foolish. They all make good products in one area or another, and all of them are better than the other on one aspect or another as well. Sure we've been a dealer for a long time but I certainly don't think other brands aren't superior on one way or another. People that ride snowmobiles are usually hard workers and they deserve to have fun on whatever they want:) I don't know if any of you guys and gals know but Yamaha makes a heavy 4 stroke snowmobile.....:)

That is funny and I agree 100% . My brother in laws Brother works at a Yamaha Dealer and we have a lot fun throwing jabs at each other. In fact for 30th birthday he added a nice die cast yamaha to the top of the cake which I thought was great. I know they are all good and if I come across as someone who does not, its not the case. I ride with all Polaris guys so I take crap every time I ride.

1fujifilm

Ah, if they could only take the best qualities from each sled and merge them into the "best" product.
I am always saying this about 1500 trucks; Chevrolet/GMC body integrity, interiors and dependability with low depreciation and the looks, ride quality and 400 hp with an 8 speed transmission from the Ram truck and you would have something.

Bear

Man I was way off on the year behind!!! 18-11= 7....Thanks for the correction momoney;)... And is it just me or did they get the same voice to make that commercial again?!?

ezra

Man I was way off on the year behind!!! 18-11= 7....Thanks for the correction momoney;)... And is it just me or did they get the same voice to make that commercial again?!?

off on what the number of yrs it took doo to make a reliable motor 7 11 18 lets see 2001 to 2013 yep 12 yrs now they start over .going pretty good not many crank issues yet.
any takers how friendly the cat motor will be to mods .

momoney2123

off on what the number of yrs it took doo to make a reliable motor 7 11 18 lets see 2001 to 2013 yep 12 yrs now they start over .going pretty good not many crank issues yet.
any takers how friendly the cat motor will be to mods .

Day late and a dollar short. But yea you can lean it down and mod it up! Woohoo

ezra

Day late and a dollar short. But yea you can lean it down and mod it up! Woohoo

no not really a day late . in fact I wish they held off a few more yrs . the zuk was hands down the most reliable 800 out and very ez to make reliable extra power .
just because u can do something dose not mean u should or if u do it is better . credits were used up I guess , now doo had no choice but to keep trying to build a better motor and it was not because they did not have the ability to create credits

ezra

no only people I know that wanted cat to hurry out with a new 800 were guys on other brands .