2018 arctic cat M 8000

chad66

We've had a great run with the Suzuki 800, powerful and reliable, what more can you ask for? I guess better MPG and oil consumption? Sounds like a little more HP and Torque also. It's a darn good thing they waited so long for the other 800's to catch up on the HP level and MAYBE now on the reliability also.
Hopefully they're setting the bar higher for the 800 class again.

Chad@M&M

snobuilder

Well said. Zuke laydown 2 st been nothing but reliable.

My understanding is that the US built c-tec is worked from the same basic design.

-

Last edited:

old abe

We've had a great run with the Suzuki 800, powerful and reliable, what more can you ask for? I guess better MPG and oil consumption? Sounds like a little more HP and Torque also. It's a darn good thing they waited so long for the other 800's to catch up on the HP level and MAYBE now on the reliability also.

Chad@M&M

Chad, has anyone in the Yoop rode a new 800Ctec-2 yet??? I was told that you had a demo???

Stack

Chad@M&M

Glad to see someone brought this thread back on track! All the MFG's have top notch product right now, just need to accept each product/MFG difference (Pluses and Minuses) and just let it be!

-Stack

Last edited:

old abe

Everyone has been waiting for 2 to 3 years for the new AC 800 Ctec-2. I sure thought there would be more interest now that it is here??? Idk??? WhiteDust called it right on the new 800 not being out in time for riding. Maybe announcing it was only to do with the Textron deal? There were only several days separating the two announcements.

G

G

They are new. They will be good. But they are incredibly ugly. Duct tape gray is not my thing.

ezra

not sure it is the best color to stick out after a slide in flat light in a panic. they do look pretty good on snow I did not like them in the picks my self

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone has been waiting for 2 to 3 years for the new AC 800 Ctec-2. I sure thought there would be more interest now that it is here??? Idk??? WhiteDust called it right on the new 800 not being out in time for riding. Maybe announcing it was only to do with the Textron deal? There were only several days separating the two announcements.

? they are at the dealers with guys riding them now all over the west

old abe

Ezra, I get ya on the out west riding the new Ctec-2, and in the mountains thing. I was told Chad at M&M was to get one, or two, and was interested in the rides down here in the low country, eh??? He must not have gotten one??? I would like to see a side by side comparison to the old reliable Zuke 800 in the same conditions, and ect in the UP. And I don't mind the colors now, as they kind of grow on you after a while.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ezra, I get ya on the out west riding the new Ctec-2, and in the mountains thing. I was told Chad at M&M was to get one, or two, and was interested in the rides down here in the low country, eh??? He must not have gotten one??? I would like to see a side by side comparison to the old reliable Zuke 800 in the same conditions, and ect in the UP. And I don't mind the colors now, as they kind of grow on you after a while.

Chad had gotten one 18 M8000 in, sold it already. He might be getting another.

snobuilder

RT&T in se WI has 3 on the floor.Each has a $2k discount off msrp.Primered grey and ready for paint.
2-137" & 1-129"

Last edited:

old abe

RT&T in se WI has 3 on the floor.Each has a $2k discount off msrp.Primered grey and ready for paint.
2-137" & 1-129"

??????? What's the retail (msrp) on the 137 ZR??????????????? Also, the ZR ride reports were the ones I was hoping to hear of.

Last edited:

snobuilder

??????? What's the retail (msrp) on the 137 ZR??????????????? Also, the ZR ride reports were the ones I was hoping to hear of.
The 129 was selling for $11,150. 137 was $11,450
Not sure if they have prep charges.
Heard it dynoed at 160.4 hp and torque over 100

Last edited: