2024 Ski - Doo

Longlegs

I feel the biggest disappointment from Ski Doo is they force you to by an 850 if you want the gauge smart shocks. Just doesn't make any sense to me to force people to get an 850 if you want these items. I guess they want to make people switch to Polaris or Cat. Polaris will give you want you want without buying the 850. You want a 650 and the best gauge on the market no problem we will build it
Taking a play from Fords playbook. Only make the high priced stuff that has all the markup. The lightning pick up went from 39000 to 55000 for the stripped down version, but then they said “we‘re not going to build any of those”, only the Lariat or Platinum version is now available. Those start at 74000

hermie

Be careful what you wish for though, my cousin waited 18-19 months for his 22 XC650, bare bones, no accessories or additional features added. After snowchecking March of 2021, He missed all of the 21-22 season because of it, and didn’t receive until early December 2022.
I don't plan on buying a Polaris as I am really happy with my 22x 600 that I didn't receive until February of 22. I just don't understand why they want to force you into an engine size you don't want because you want the gauge or smart shocks when Polaris will put there gauge on either engine size. I am very happy with my Doo at this point. I am glad to see a manufacturer getting into the ride lite, hopefully this will take off now and people will understand what the lite is for. I believe the lite is a much safer idea then hand signals.Attakman do the handguards with the yellow and green light work on a G4 or xs. I would think they would work but not 100% sure.

old abe

Be careful what you wish for though, my cousin waited 18-19 months for his 22 XC650, bare bones, no accessories or additional features added. After snowchecking March of 2021, He missed all of the 21-22 season because of it, and didn’t receive until early December 2022.
Time to tell them to pack sand!

indy_500

Tracks have been one of Polaris’ biggest reasons for not delivering snow checks on time. I think skidoo is cutting down on customization to ensure they deliver on time. Definitely sucks, I wish there were wayyy more track options…

just_ride

Your thought?
I'll start
Pleasantly surprised by the Gen5 4 strokes...didnt expect that this year.
Knew the 850 turbo was coming, and is more trick than I expected.
Some cool new gadgets...shot start on the two stroke trail models, and led hand guard signal lights..very cool
Disappointed that more models didn't have smart ride as an option...should be on the enduros, and the luxury edition of the grand touring...cant get smart shocks on the 900 ace or turbo 130 (the model I most want)
And I still think ski doo should add DPS to the grand touring and 4 stroke enduro models.
But overall...a solid line up with something for everybody..like the colors and graphics this year as well (on several models.. very eye catching)
colors ? all i seen was Black. and Yellow and black .....maybe i only looked at Renagade X, don't need air shock on Enduro, I'm ok with 7.3 gauge

old abe

Taking a play from Fords playbook. Only make the high priced stuff that has all the markup. The lightning pick up went from 39000 to 55000 for the stripped down version, but then they said “we‘re not going to build any of those”, only the Lariat or Platinum version is now available. Those start at 74000
Just as they said prior to production?

attakman

That market wants smart shock system which is better than air ride. Air ride imo with smart shock becomes a bastard doo needs to move on better for manufacturing costs too.
You are preaching to the choir....the air ride has to go...it's not a plush ride, the only thing it's good for is on the fly weight/load adjustments (great for riding two up)...the smart ride is the real deal...but not available on the models I would want to purchase

whitedust

You are preaching to the choir....the air ride has to go...it's not a plush ride, the only thing it's good for is on the fly weight/load adjustments (great for riding two up)...the smart ride is the real deal...but not available on the models I would want to purchase
Eps too as an option on any sled but doo doesn’t seem interested !?

ddhanna

It's a pretty good headlight adjuster too.

1fujifilm

Your thought?

I'll start

Pleasantly surprised by the Gen5 4 strokes...didnt expect that this year.

Knew the 850 turbo was coming, and is more trick than I expected.

Some cool new gadgets...shot start on the two stroke trail models, and led hand guard signal lights..very cool

Disappointed that more models didn't have smart ride as an option...should be on the enduros, and the luxury edition of the grand touring...cant get smart shocks on the 900 ace or turbo 130 (the model I most want)

And I still think ski doo should add DPS to the grand touring and 4 stroke enduro models.

But overall...a solid line up with something for everybody..like the colors and graphics this year as well (on several models.. very eye catching)

I ordered 2 MXZ 850 X with 137 track. Technically cheaper than last years as there is no $400 commodity fee and the 2nd year warranty can be waived for a $550 discount. Big change to the X is no on the fly adjustable steering post but you get front clickers and the rack steering the XRS has had.

Hoosier

Tracks have been one of Polaris’ biggest reasons for not delivering snow checks on time. I think skidoo is cutting down on customization to ensure they deliver on time. Definitely sucks, I wish there were wayyy more track options…
Agree with that 100%. Assuming supply gets back to normal, it shouldn't be hard for the manufacturers to provide options for tracks, and it's a decent amount of time and money to switch a track after the purchase. I know some dealers will work with you on changing one but not all.