BRP Exome Radiant Helmet

whitedust

Mission helmet is awesome. All moist air goes out the back with air flow system. Not sure what parts would ever be needed. Check out their website. Purchased mine at Nielson Enterprises (ski doo dealer) in Lake Villa, Il.
Looked at video of Mission and definitely is worth checking out unfortunately idk anyone than has a Mission. Does the air flow holes ice up at exit. I have had trouble with breath box hoses freezing on mod carry spare breath box. Like dfattack I sure would like to get away from snot mops. Mission $100 less than O2 but $200 more than Exome. I need to see one put it on. Thanks for suggestion

picbn

Looked at video of Mission and definitely is worth checking out unfortunately idk anyone than has a Mission. Does the air flow holes ice up at exit. I have had trouble with breath box hoses freezing on mod carry spare breath box. Like dfattack I sure would like to get away from snot mops. Mission $100 less than O2 but $200 more than Exome. I need to see one put it on. Thanks for suggestion
I bought mine at Nielsen Enterprises in Lake Villa, Il. and it looks like they're only 29 miles from Waterford. Large dealership with big inventory of sleds, clothing, helmets and accessories. They probably have the O2 and Exome helmets as well. Give them a call before you head down there. 847-356-3000

whitedust

I bought mine at Nielsen Enterprises in Lake Villa, Il. and it looks like they're only 29 miles from Waterford. Large dealership with big inventory of sleds, clothing, helmets and accessories. They probably have the O2 and Exome helmets as well. Give them a call before you head down there. 847-356-3000
I haven’t been to Nielsen in a very long time. Used to be a very pushy sales organization and service sucked. Not the best place to shop and just look at stuff. They still that way? I started going to Rob’s since I returned to SE WI but he’s mostly skidoo

goofy600

I think i saw a cool red colored oxygen. Almost like a candy red like yamaha used to have on their apex sleds. I could be wrong but thought I saw it on BRP website.

And they have white too
Sorry but I’m a traditionalist red doesn’t belong on skidoo🥴, what I really want is the color of my mod3 in the safety yellow/green, I know it is bright and obnoxious but everyone says they can see it a long way away even though snow dust and I usually lead so being seen is a good thing. One year they made the oxygen in a blaze orange, I could do that also. Black and white just boring to me.

picbn

I haven’t been to Nielsen in a very long time. Used to be a very pushy sales organization and service sucked. Not the best place to shop and just look at stuff. They still that way? I started going to Rob’s since I returned to SE WI but he’s mostly skidoo
I don't know much about them, just that they had the Mission in stock and wanted to try on before buying. Folks in the clothing area were great. All my sled purchasing, service, etc done Upnorth.

whitedust

I don't know much about them, just that they had the Mission in stock and wanted to try on before buying. Folks in the clothing area were great. All my sled purchasing, service, etc done Upnorth.
Ya me too. I believe buy where you ride.

goofy600

So at Doo dealer today and we bought our daughter in law a new Exome helmet and I also tried one on and I did like it. Had some nice features, magnetic mask cool then the breath box tightens down like the bvs so it will be interesting to see what daughter in law thinks and I may try one day after they leave.

whitedust

So at Doo dealer today and we bought our daughter in law a new Exome helmet and I also tried one on and I did like it. Had some nice features, magnetic mask cool then the breath box tightens down like the bvs so it will be interesting to see what daughter in law thinks and I may try one day after they leave.
They are selling for sure let me know if the breathbox ices up at tubes. Also how do all the buttons work on the trail? The electric seems good bang for the buck. What color did she buy?

rph130

So its been a week of riding with the new Exome helmet I bought for myself. I also bought one for my daughter-in-law. With mine, I get a fog spot every ride in the middle of the shield about eye level. Cracking shield open clears it but still annoying and open shield defeats purpose. As far as the magnetic catch, I hate it. No matter how many times I practice getting it to catch, out on the trail it aggravates me and I look like a 6 year old when my wife has to buckle my helmet. My daughter-in-law also has a week of use with hers and the round dial tightening cord for the face mask broke yesterday. My son checked DooTalk and looks like there is a 4 year limited warranty. I'm ready to go back to my Gen1 modular I bought in 1998. Its old and a little beat up but it never aggravated me out on the trail.

old abe

So its been a week of riding with the new Exome helmet I bought for myself. I also bought one for my daughter-in-law. With mine, I get a fog spot every ride in the middle of the shield about eye level. Cracking shield open clears it but still annoying and open shield defeats purpose. As far as the magnetic catch, I hate it. No matter how many times I practice getting it to catch, out on the trail it aggravates me and I look like a 6 year old when my wife has to buckle my helmet. My daughter-in-law also has a week of use with hers and the round dial tightening cord for the face mask broke yesterday. My son checked DooTalk and looks like there is a 4 year limited warranty. I'm ready to go back to my Gen1 modular I bought in 1998. Its old and a little beat up but it never aggravated me out on the trail.
Okay, yeah, well, I think I've heard enough? I don't care for electric shields, and never have. When they don't work, you're screwed. Breath mask mops are of no issue to me. So, I will be sticking to my Gen 2 Mod, and when in extremely cold, nasty conditions, I'll be using my BVS-2. Both work extremely well, and I'm one who actually prefers the Mod-2? Not much difference between Mod 2, and Mod 3.

whitedust

Ironically we are both using original mods from 98 then doo cheapened them Mod 1,2,3 still effective but totally different shields. I found myself fumbling with the Exome in the show room sales chick was helpful but main reason I didn’t buy it. Also if Exome follows suit as the Mod BRP will make design changes next years model. It’s significant that you got fog and the breathbox band broke. Hopefully more input will be posted now people are riding.

eagle1

Wore my Mission helmet for first time last Thursday. Was close to 40° out so not typical riding day.
Seems like it will be warm helmet much better than my Castle X which has a lot of air flow around my cheeks and eyes.
Did have some moisture at lower speeds but I did have balaclava on and had good sweat most of the day.
The rubber nose piece does seem to seal off your breath and at speed you can feel air/breath movement down and around chin.
Look forward to riding in better conditions to see how it does. Bought electric shield but didn't use it. Large shield opening is nice for talking on trail and snaps down seals tightly.
Hope this helps.

indy_500

On all the book face pages I follow, the Mission helmet is by far and large the most popular trail riding helmet. I still rock an old school HJC non e shield. Might give the mission a try next year, might have to stop at the credit union for a small loan though LOL

Okay, yeah, well, I think I've heard enough? I don't care for electric shields, and never have. When they don't work, you're screwed. Breath mask mops are of no issue to me. So, I will be sticking to my Gen 2 Mod, and when in extremely cold, nasty conditions, I'll be using my BVS-2. Both work extremely well, and I'm one who actually prefers the Mod-2? Not much difference between Mod 2, and Mod 3.
Been doing the BVS II for several years after an awesome upgrade from the Mod II. 2 years ago the big rage was the Oxygen, but for the price and reading the reviews and the inside of my Mod II getting a little raggy, I replaced the first Mod with another Mod. After riding with a crew that is about the latest and greatest....well, I just slap that front down on the old school bucket and get on with my day !!

snoden

This season will be my 3rd with the Mission. Whitedust it has never had any icing inside or out in over 5,000 miles and temps from -10 to above freezing. I've worn it in every configuration but have settled on the e shield without the breath deflector. CKX makes a balaclava that leaves your entire face open that I like, enjoying the freedom of nothing on my face. It's warm, quiet, large field of vision and comfortable. The vents on the shield allow you to let in fresh air, one for above the breath deflector and one for below. Allows you to control inside helmet temperature, mine are usually closed because I'm not a sweater. So far it has treated me very well and looking forward to another season with it.

whitedust

On all the book face pages I follow, the Mission helmet is by far and large the most popular trail riding helmet. I still rock an old school HJC non e shield. Might give the mission a try next year, might have to stop at the credit union for a small loan though LOL
For sure does give you pause plunking $500 -$750 hat on the rack. Years ago I saw an original mod stolen off rack at Konteka at closing time. Perp left behind the shittest helmet I have ever seen. 😣I didn’t know the guy but after that I kept my mod with me at all times. The original mod was so hot you were on a waiting list with dealer because he was allotted a limited number to sell.

Last edited:

garageguy

Bvs 2, breath box stays in my pocket. Electric sheild open it a crack once in a while. Mostly shield closed with glasses even.

united

What is the difference between the Space $559 and Solid $539 Mission Helmets?

The top of the line is Carbon Solid $699. I understand that one is Carbon. But the other two?