BRP Exome Radiant Helmet

pclark

There are pads that come out inside the helmut, can be trimmed back to make it easier to get on.

picbn

Don’t get the anti-electric shield in reading through this. I have the mission helmet with the electric shield knowing that if for some reason it quit working I’m still good. I had a mod 3 before that with an electric shield and carried the snot mask in my pocket in case the electric shield quit working. Why would u want to ride around with that tight mask around ur face, and have to clean up all the moisture at each stop. U get used to the cord after a few rides. Cmon it’s a “game changer”.

dfattack

Don’t get the anti-electric shield in reading through this. I have the mission helmet with the electric shield knowing that if for some reason it quit working I’m still good. I had a mod 3 before that with an electric shield and carried the snot mask in my pocket in case the electric shield quit working. Why would u want to ride around with that tight mask around ur face, and have to clean up all the moisture at each stop. U get used to the cord after a few rides. Cmon it’s a “game changer”.
agree with that statement

catspaz8

I have a Mod 1 Millenium I love, A Mod 2 and BVs2. I don.t use the snot rags in any of them without issue so thats not a problem. non of then are electric and I can say in 30,000 plus miles I have only had fogging issue a couple of times and only in Sub zero temps. I would like to try some of the newer model but there isn't a way to try them before you buy. buyer remorse on a helmet sucks.

goofy600

So fun story, took ride Sunday and screw that holds mod shield on came out (Kip at Pat’s to the rescue). So at Pat’s had the chance to try on a mission helmet, was nice but not sure if I would completely like the whole mask thing. Went back to Doo dealer and retried on the Oxygen again getting past the tight going on thing and once on was comfortable and liked fit so went with new oxygen helmet. I think part of original complaint was back of my mind the cost but seeing’s that I was starting to have issues with mod 3 and it did take a pretty good thump couple years ago with my head in it🥴 figured it’s time. Will get review next time out on new helmet, hopefully no buyers remorse.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
took ride Sunday and screw that holds mod shield on came out...
Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago, on a trip, out in the middle of nowhere and the large screw that holds the works together falls out. Lucky, lucky, lucky, I found it in time but afterward I carried a couple of spares just in case. For those using the Mod helmets, you might want to consider a spare or two cause you never know. Your Doo dealer sells them in the parts dept.

On another trip we had stopped along the trail to take a break and I felt something fall off and hit my boot. It was my Go Pro camera so now I have a tether on that. Apparently I have junk falling off of me all the time. 🔑🪝🪓🔦🧢

attakman

People seem to like them so far....If you are a fan of the BVS2/ and or a Mod 3...you will probably like this helmet...I am not a fan of either...HATE the face diaper/snot catchers (I find that gross AF)....which the Exome also uses...I also feel the face mask is too restrictive...not my cup of tea....I'll stay with my castle 950, modular

indy_500

Well the local credit union approved my line of credit on a new CKX Mission! Jokes aside, I got $50 off Dennis Kirk so figured I HAD to buy one… Got a red one on the way to give a try! Hope it comes before we leave Thursday for St Germain (DK usually ALWAYS gets it to my door in 1-2 days).

uncle_ed

You should like it indy. The couple times !`ve used mine its worked great. Only drawback I found was putting the face mask down after a stop was a little cold where the mask lays across the bridge of your nose otherwise a flawless cord free ride.

dwz

Rode with that helmet for 800 miles last week, I wear contacts and helmet was warm, quiet, no air movement inside by my eyes

i cant wait to get mine, i ordered in in September (carbon red) from a dealer, not yet delivered yet, but I am told it will deliver soon.
I ordered mine (not carbon) through Amazon from a dealer in Wisconsin and got it in two days. I used the size chart and it fits like a glove, can't wait to use it.

Hoosier

The mission might be the best helmet ever made period
Sure seems like it. Can't find anyone complaining about it. I've been wearing a cheaper CKX for a few seasons. Been a good helmet, but it doesn't have the moisture elimination like the Mission. If it's on the warmer side I don't use the neck guard and moisture goes out that way. But if it's cold I need that to stay warm and then have to use the cord. But again this was like a $175 helmet, not the Mission.

wiviperman

I made the switch to the CKX Mission Carbon Fiber helmet from my 2nd Skidoo Modular. The Modular’s were great, but I was very tired of the fighter pilot mask as I call it, I attempted to add an electric shield to my last modular & found one of the shield screws was seized & I basically destroyed the helmet attempting to extract the shank of the screw after the head of the shield screw broke off.
I bought my Mission at the end of last season, but I definitely like it. I will say though that the shield did get a very light haze of moisture on the inside when I didn’t plug in the shield, but I also say that is from me as I’m a bigger guy & tend to sweat more or breathe a tad harder at times.
The Mission is a great helmet, but you definitely pay for the features & quality!