BRP Exome Radiant Helmet

snoden

What is the difference between the Space $559 and Solid $539 Mission Helmets?
$20 bucks....nothing else. Solid black is always less than ones with color. Your pricing is also Canadian pricing, switch it to US on the web site and they are Space $489 and Solid $469.

old abe

For sure does give you pause plunking $500 -$750 hat on the rack. Years ago I saw an original mod stolen off rack at Konteka at closing time. Perp left behind the shittest helmet I have ever seen. 😣I didn’t know the guy but after that I kept my mod with me at all times. The original mod was so hot you were on a waiting list with dealer because he was allotted a limited number to sell.
Had that happen with my breath mask in Krupp's lot while I paid for gas. He left me the GRODIEST, DIRTYEST, SMOKE STINKING, breath mask you could ever imagine! A real cheap POS person, I only wish I could have got acquainted with him, eh! :mad:!:mad:!

Last edited:

old abe

I also think the cord would drive me nuts because I have a tendency to get off my sled at stops to talk with group but like anything can get used to it.
They do make the magnetic cord attachment, however it's just something else to hassle with.

Tim in Indiana

Had that happen with my breath mask in Krupp's lot while I paid for gas. He left me the GRODIEST, DIRTYEST, SMOKE STINKING, breath mask you could ever imagine! A real cheap POS person, I only wish I could have got acquainted with him, eh! :mad:!:mad:!
I had it happen to one in our group across the road at the Parkview. There wasn't that many people there and everyone claimed a helmet which left none remaining. So either someone just took it and their own or someone not on a sled took it.

Either way it didn't seem to be a simple case of taking the wrong helmet.

Same trip we had the side panels stolen off a sled at the Mosquito Inn.

goofy600

44 mile review of the Exome, tried the new daughter in law’s helmet. 1 I have a medium mod3 hers is a large fit about the same so new one is smaller so try on before buying. 2 seems slightly quieter and warmer than mod3. Magnet thing is ok but takes a little time to get used to (finding the latch point) breath mask I do like the dial thing makes for better fit and keeps nose warmer. Overall I my opinion probably a little bit of an improvement over mod3 but not enough to make me buy one and scrap the mod3. I did use same klim face mask and I only use the breath mask on mod3 unless really cold then I will use mask with the extra insulation piece thingy which makes mod 3 much bigger pain in the a$$ to put on and fit. Wife keeps telling me to get the Oxygen and be done complaining about anything, obviously she likes her oxygen helmet 🤪.

old abe

Whe
44 mile review of the Exome, tried the new daughter in law’s helmet. 1 I have a medium mod3 hers is a large fit about the same so new one is smaller so try on before buying. 2 seems slightly quieter and warmer than mod3. Magnet thing is ok but takes a little time to get used to (finding the latch point) breath mask I do like the dial thing makes for better fit and keeps nose warmer. Overall I my opinion probably a little bit of an improvement over mod3 but not enough to make me buy one and scrap the mod3. I did use same klim face mask and I only use the breath mask on mod3 unless really cold then I will use mask with the extra insulation piece thingy which makes mod 3 much bigger pain in the a$$ to put on and fit. Wife keeps telling me to get the Oxygen and be done complaining about anything, obviously she likes her oxygen helmet 🤪
When on overnight extended trips using my Mod 2, I always have 2 breath masks with. One with the cold weather face mask installed, one without.

dfattack

44 mile review of the Exome, tried the new daughter in law’s helmet. 1 I have a medium mod3 hers is a large fit about the same so new one is smaller so try on before buying. 2 seems slightly quieter and warmer than mod3. Magnet thing is ok but takes a little time to get used to (finding the latch point) breath mask I do like the dial thing makes for better fit and keeps nose warmer. Overall I my opinion probably a little bit of an improvement over mod3 but not enough to make me buy one and scrap the mod3. I did use same klim face mask and I only use the breath mask on mod3 unless really cold then I will use mask with the extra insulation piece thingy which makes mod 3 much bigger pain in the a$$ to put on and fit. Wife keeps telling me to get the Oxygen and be done complaining about anything, obviously she likes her oxygen helmet 🤪.
Listen to your wife...she's always right especially on this topic.;)

goofy600

Part 2 of my comparison, yesterday afternoon went back on same ride as in the morning this time wearing my mod3. Exome is warmer especially in the breath mask probably because it can fit better to the face. Exome is a little quieter from wind noise and felt a little more aerodynamic. I do think the mod3 has a little better vision, Exome just didn’t seem to have as big of an opening but not that much difference. Overall if I needed a new helmet and money was a factor I would probably get the Exome over a mod3, but I will not go get Exome just to replace my mod3 not a game changer like from what people are saying about the Oxygen or Mission helmets sound like which I have never tried on or used just other reviews. Hope this can help someone.

harski

I'm a former MOD 2 helmet user that also got tired of the face diaper thus moving to the Mission helmet last season. IMO, the MOD was definitely a warmer helmet and the vision was also better but the downside was the face mask and I'll add the importance of alignment of the vent tubes which was a pain. The Mission's view is not quite as good but still fine for me and I have minimum moisture that I believe is due to lack of flow as I use a medium shield on my sled thus impacting airflow. I am not a sweater and have never had a problem with the MOD and neither the Mission but do have an electric shield just in case. The most important thing with the Mission is making sure you have the proper size rubber membrane that bridges from the front of the helmet to your nose and cheek area. This will help with the venting otherwise you'll fog up etc...

Good luck!

dfattack

I had accumulated several helmets over the years including two different versions of the Modular doo helmets and BVS2. I liked them both at the time for different conditions. Cold days the BVS2 was nice and warm, but didn't like the style of helmet where the chin section didn't flip up. The modular wasn't as warm but was good on the days from say 15-20 degrees and up. My wife bought me an oxygen one Christmas when it first came out since she saw me looking at it online and to be honest I'm not an easy person to buy for so it was nice of her to figure that out. I really liked it and LOVED no snot mop as I've stated before. I usually have several different sizes for various family members as well as a couple for guests who come up to ride. Last year I bought two 2022 sleds and doo offered the $1,000 in accessories per sled incentive and I sold every helmet I had on ebay (maybe 5 or 6) and used all of the accessories money to buy all oxygen helmets in various sizes. Yes, I like them that much. I have heard great reviews about the mission and many people love them. I have not tried it so can't compare. I had one issue where the shield didn't work on the oxygen so I had to crack the shield to get air in inside to prevent fogging. It kinda sucked at the time but I put my big boy pants on and got home just fine. I really don't remember what the problem was but I've only had one problem in several years. Yes they cost a little more but the amount of seat time we get each year I don't want any gear issues and want reliable sleds so we can actually enjoy them. To me the helmet is critical and worth the extra $ for comfort.

goofy600

At dealer today and tried on an oxygen helmet and wow is that the most uncomfortable thing to get on your head it’s so tight. I went up one size from old helmet also so really not thrilled with it. May try one again but it’s a no go today just didn’t feel good. Thought I was going to loose an ear trying to put it on even with a balaclava.

whitedust

At dealer today and tried on an oxygen helmet and wow is that the most uncomfortable thing to get on your head it’s so tight. I went up one size from old helmet also so really not thrilled with it. May try one again but it’s a no go today just didn’t feel good. Thought I was going to loose an ear trying to put it on even with a balaclava.
Did you go to Lando Rec? If you go there say Hi to Ben for me. I tired on Exome Radiant XL and fit was good but too much fiddling with magnets and button releases. So used to the mod snaps and buttons Exome was a riddle for me. If O2 doesn’t feet right on your showroom fit that’s a real problem. I had a Bud try on mod at dealer and freak out he felt too confined we had to calm him down before we could pull it off him. It was crazy but his reaction was real.

dfattack

You do have to go up one size but surprised it was so hard to get on. if you are used to modulars then it will be different, but it was easier for me to get oxygen on than the BVs2. Good luck finding a new one.

pclark

Have a buddy that is selling his BVS2, its a 2XL and I agree it's a very snug fit, once it is on it feels pretty good but getting over your ears takes some wiggling. Original price on it was $624 so I'm thinking it's a pretty nice helmut. Going to use it Monday for a ride and make my decision after that. It does have the flip open mouth piece and that helps with not having to take it off so much

goofy600

Have a buddy that is selling his BVS2, its a 2XL and I agree it's a very snug fit, once it is on it feels pretty good but getting over your ears takes some wiggling. Original price on it was $624 so I'm thinking it's a pretty nice helmut. Going to use it Monday for a ride and make my decision after that. It does have the flip open mouth piece and that helps with not having to take it off so much
Have a friend also that has same helmet for sale used 3 times wants $250 for it

whitedust

Is that Canadian? Lol I don’t remember BVS2 being that expensive! You can buy new online for cheap. Check online before you agree to anything near $624. Sent you a PM.

Last edited: